PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog(s) like to swim??

DogLover9501
08-05-2004, 11:48 PM
I was wondering this!

Wiggles doesn't mind the water at all, she'll walk on out, she usually only walks as far as she can(to her shoulders or so).

Piddle on the other hand, doesn't mind it too much but we have to bring him out, and then he'll swim right back in LOL

Yesterday we had all 3 pups at the pond with us, Jasper HATES water, he even hates for it to drip on his paws after he gets a drink.

But I carried him out a little(just so his paws were in) and he seemed a little more comfortable, he even got a drink from the pond(which is more than he would do before)

But I doubt he will get any better than that!

What about your pup(s)??

Kfamr
08-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Nala likes anything as long as i'm there with her.
Simba likes wading at the beach.
Kiara isn't for it to much, but then again she's still a tiny pup.

Toller 42
08-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Only Tango likes to swim, she LOVES it. if we take her to a place with water she doesn't want to get back on land once she's in, i have pictures of her in the water but I have to get them put on a cd i'll post them sometime next week I think.

heinz57_79
08-06-2004, 12:18 AM
I haven't had a chance to take my kids somewhere they could actually SWIM but Arthur loves his kiddy pool, and Anna doesn't mind it much either. I don't think Charlie cares one way or the other. But Chloe.... Chloe is above such juvenile antics like swimming! She doesn't even like getting her feet wet in a puddle! hehee :D

Glacier
08-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Most of mine only go in as far as they can walk. Kayleigh will swim all day though--especially if I go in with her or there are ducks, beavers, ect to bug. Daisy, who might as well be mine, is a swimming fool too.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Nahhhhh, I have a Golden Retriever and she hates water. :p

Hehe. Daisy LOVES water in any way, shape, or form. Swimming pools, sprinklers, mud, you name it! She hasn't been to the beach yet, but we're thinking about taking her. When we go to the dog park, she lays in the water bowl with her paws in it. It's like an obsession. ;)

Molly on the otherhand hates water. It's hard enough to give her a bath without her fussing over it.

guster girl
08-06-2004, 12:40 AM
I can't keep Finn out of water. :) I had to get rid of his water bowl because he would either dunk his head in it, put his feet in it, sit in it or just knock it over. He has a water bottle on his crate now. He gets in the shower with me on a very frequent basis, he'll roll in any body of water he can and will swim for hours at the lake or the pool. He's my ol' yeller water boy.

jazzcat
08-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Disney is terrified of it. I used to take her out in the pool with me and just hold on to her but she would claw and scratch me up trying to hang on. Now she will just stand at the side of the pool when we are in it and she will try to lick the water off of you if you get close enough.

LuckiLab03
08-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Riley doesn't care for her baby pool at all but she'll tolerate her baths since she gets lots of cookies (it barely goes up to her ankles because its a big tub) :) :)

binka_nugget
08-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Just up until recently, Kai hated water. But the last time we were at the off leash park, he attempted to go in the lake. He didn't do so well when he tried to swim (he flopped and dunked his head under water LOL!) but he was doing pretty good for a dog that used to hate water.

Kaedyn hates water though. He put a paw in the water and decided it was enough for him.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Max LOVES water as you can see in this picture!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p1df6896cb79e7338f92989c68ee656c7/f7999c31.jpg

Many people tell me that most Boxers dont like water.......But I think it just depends on the dog. Just keep introducing it to him and maybe oneday he will like it. I got Max to play in the water by bringing him to our local pond and kept throwing stone in the water and he tried to get the eventally he went in deeper and deeper he also now puts his head under the water....He is such a goof!

pitc9
08-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Neither will swim, they don't like water touching their bellies!!
We went walking in a river and they were fine, untill the water got deep. :D
Buddy runs from the hose when I am using it, Sierra will bite at the water comming out of the hose then run away before it gets her:rolleyes:
I bought a little pool for them last year... Buddy just though of it as a HUGE water bowl, then when it was empty he though it was a toy. Sierra stood in it .... once..:rolleyes:

cloverfdx
08-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Nope they cant stand it ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AACloverMaggieswimmingPT1.jpg
Clover teaching Maggie the Mini Bullie to swim last Summer. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AACloverswimmingPT3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AACloverswimmingPT2.jpg
She is a water baby. :)

Elvis is also obsessed with water he learnt how to swim at about 4 months old and has not looked back, i have to call him out of the water for time out as he will swim laps upon laps of the pond without stopping.

Theodore will only go in once swim around in a little cirlcle and come out again, just enough to cool himself down. And Penny does not realy like the water she will get her paws wet but that is it.

anna_66
08-06-2004, 08:19 AM
Last year we were at the Michigan dog park and they have a place for the dogs to swim. I was hoping the girls would give it a try. Well Roxey did, but when she did it scared her to death! I think she was thinking there would be ground when she went to get the ball, but there wasn't! She really wanted to jump back in, but didn't have the guts to!
Huney, she wanted nothing to do with it!

And as for Angus, I've never really had him in an area where he could swim. So I don't know if he'd like it or not.

Cinder & Smoke
08-06-2004, 09:32 AM
;)

*SWIMMIN*!??

Did sumbuddie say *Swimmin*?? ...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pf6c7d8d4fde82b1c9c3004b860f01ebc/fac03564.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p7403d50e2cf6b9f04993e037e40289b7/fac0354c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pa6990180b086b3c48311a3bb822350e5/fac0355f.jpg

Here's the link to our old Swimmin Album >>>
Swim Party ~ Fall 2003 (Album) (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288834031)

:D

dogs_4_me
08-06-2004, 09:37 AM
my golden loves swimming, she cant get enough of it...I like the swimming album!

Tina
08-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Ginger doesn't like going in the water to much by herself, funny thing is she does ok getting a bath.

Reggie I'm not really sure since I haven't had her near any water yet.

Annie- I was told that she loves to go for a swim but we will see. I plan on taking her somewhere soon to see if she does.

Amber
08-06-2004, 11:35 AM
I think Katie wouldn't like to swim, though I'm not sure because she's never done it.

But I can see Elvis liking it, but then again he hasn't tried it.

I'm going to have to take them to our beach sometime..

BitsyNaceyDog
08-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Buster- no way will he swim, I've never tried, but he doesn't like anything that is foreign to him.
Bitsy- she likes to play in the rain and in mud, but doesn't too much care for baths. I've never taken her swimming, but I don't think she'd like it.
Charlie- he loves to be on my father-in-laws boat. If we get in the water and swim then he will get on the platform on the back of the boat and stand where the water is half way up his legs. He doesn't like to get in any more than that tho. He does loves to play in his water bowl tho, we'll find him standing in it or digging and splashing in it :rolleyes:.

chrissycat21
08-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Snowy hates the water. Once when we went to Silver Lake in Wisconson she went in, all of one time. She was all excited like 'Look at me! Look at me! I'm never doing that again!' lol. She did jump off a paddle boat once, but I think she just slipped.

She will lay down in a mud puddle after I give her a bath if I take her for a walk. I think she likes the get me in trouble. ('Why is Snowy all muddy! Give her another bath!' lol )

-Chrissy

tatsxxx11
08-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Star lives to swim! If no deep water is available, she's take a small pool, puddle, sprinkler or hose...anything wet:D Cody loves to wade and romp and splash in the ocean, a lake, etc, but only just to the shoulder, almost, but not quite swimming. Only a few times has she acutally doggy paddled!

cocker_luva
08-06-2004, 02:09 PM
not at all!!!

Jesse doesnt like water at all; whether its a bath or swimming.
we'd either have to throw her the pool, drag her into the river, etc to get her to swim...she just swims to get out! :rolleyes:

NOTE: we never have done either of those things to her. :D

also my neighbor has a german shepherd that doesnt know how to swim. she paddles with her front legs out of the water, so she splashes herself in the face. then trys to get away from it! :rolleyes: :D Silly Samantha.

*probably didnt help that Maggie (pit/lab) was crawling on her, trying to drowned her friend.*

WWFanz
08-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Griz doesn't like the water. It is the worst to get him to take a bath. We tryed the baby pool idea, but he just took a drink and walked away.
The only time Kody has been in the water is when it's bath time. Although, he does try and walk down the ladder to the pool when someone is swimming.

RobiLee
08-06-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't know...but I would love to find out ;)

Robin :)

shais_mom
08-07-2004, 12:16 AM
a resounding YES!!
Just check out my siggy!!