PDA

View Full Version : A bunny in the neighborhood.

KYS
08-05-2004, 10:20 PM
I was walking with my aunt around the neighborhood and
I spotted a white rabbit with black spots grazing on
someones front lawn during the early evening.
Next door was a cat snoozing and wasn't paying attention
or just did not care.
I questioned a man 2 houses down, and asked
if he new if the rabbit was somebody's pet.
He said last year he found baby rabbits, and when they were
old enough he found homes for them.
He said somebody apparently must have lost their pet rabbits
a couple of years back and now these rabbits or rabbit is living off the neighborhood quiet well.
The rabbit I saw looked very healthy, and well fed.

I wonder what I will see next. :)

Aspen and Misty
08-05-2004, 10:32 PM
A pet rabbit as a wild rabbit? I think you should catch it and take it to the local SPCA, alot of house rabbits aren't made to live outside, even if they have done it for years.

Poor baby, someone probly just set it "free" :mad: :mad:
Ashley

tatsxxx11
08-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Oh gee! Does sound as though this little guy was someone's pet:( Never have seen a white "wild" rabbit! Maybe on your next walk you could ask the people who live in that house if they know anything about him. They must have seen him! Thanks so much for caring, Karen. Sounds like someone tired of their furry friend:(

kingrattus
08-06-2004, 10:35 PM
There r lots of rabbits in this area of the city, bruown black, grey, ones with a bit of white.

Years ago at my friends lake (we camped there) & their were all sorts of coloured bunnies. They were there for 20 + years. until a bad dog came to the lake & killed them off!!! The rabbits were somewhat friendly, as in u can watch them, but not get too close. & they were use to dogs. cause all the other dogs their were friendly & didn't bark/chase them. SO its been about 6 years since they have seen a single bunny there. They use to live right behind the camper in the little patch of bush.

Needless to say that dog & its owners were banned from their.