PDA

View Full Version : Bandit crossed the Rainbow Bridge

boscibo
08-05-2004, 05:50 PM
We let Bandit go at about 10:30 this morning. It was so very, very hard. I still can't believe it is real. My SO held him and I stroked his head and told him how much I loved him.

I miss him so much already. Here is a picture I took of him yesterday morning:

http://home.comcast.net/~flaroe/bandit_aug_5.jpg

Rest in Peace Bandit, and know I loved you very much.

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
:(

Safe Trip to the Rainbow Bridge, Dear Bandit!

May you Rest In Eternal Peace!

/s/ :( Phred

K9soul
08-05-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm so very very sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself, let yourself mourn and don't feel bad about it. There are sites on the web where you might even be able to make a little memorial, www.in-memory-of-pets.com is one that I used when I lost my Cody and Willie. John Mingo, the guy who started the site, actually replied with heartfelt condolences when I sent in my submissions and we spoke via e-mail a few times after that. It really helped and comforted me during a traumatic time of loss.

Run free and healthily at the Rainbow Bridge Bandit. R.I.P.

Freckles
08-05-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm so sorry it was time to let Bandit go.
I know it's always too soon.

tatsxxx11
08-05-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm so very sorry:(:(:( I know so well the incredible heartbreak you're experiencing right now:( I also know my RB Jingles and all the furangels are welcoming your beautiful boy with open paws. The Bridge is blessed and graced by your beautiful boy's presence and loving spirit.

Bless you dear Bandit. One day, in the distant future, you all will be reunited in love. Till then, please look down from the Bridge and send down your love to your mom and dad. They will be missing you so.

Please know that I'm thinking of you and Jeff and keeping you all in my prayers. Bandit was so blessed to have you and Jeff as his devoted and loving mommy and daddy. Heartfelt and most sincere sympathies on your great loss from Sandra, Junji and my furfamily. God give you comfort. Love, Sandra

anna_66
08-05-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that today was the day to send Bandit to the bridge. But know that you did what was best for him. Not that it makes it any easier, because we never want them to leave us but now he will never be in any pain again.

I know my Keisha monster will be there to welcome him along with all the other PT pets.

R.I.P. Sweet Bandit

prechrswife
08-05-2004, 06:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Bandit. RIP, sweet boy.:(

LorraineO
08-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh,, such a sweet loving lil furry face... You must be beside yourself.....

We are so sorry for you and your family,,,

Rest easy Bandit.

slick
08-05-2004, 07:00 PM
My heart breaks for you boscibo! RIP dear Bandit and please watch over your Mommy and Daddy for us. Look out for Toshie, he would love to share his tennis balls with you.

KYS
08-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Boscibo I am so sorry.
If your own vet tells you it is time, believe me it is time.
I know you heart is broken.
Sending you many many hugs and good thoughts.
Bandit is watching over you.
(((^..^))))

robinh
08-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Bless you for having the courage to be there when he went. I believe that is the toughest thing in the world - making the decision and holding them as they go.

RIP Bandit - your Mommy and Daddy love you and miss you already.

lovemyshiba
08-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I am so sorry to hear of sweet Bandit's passing.
Take all the time you need to mourn, cry, be angry, however you need to cope with Bandit being gone.
We're all here for you if you need us.

Bandit is pain free now, running happily at the bridge, and eating and playing his heart out.

Kater
08-05-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure he knows that you loved him dearly. May he rest in peace.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

jenluckenbach
08-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I am so sorry that you needed to say good bye to Bandit.

{{{HUGS}}}

Karen
08-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Dear, sweet Bandit, those heart-melting eyes
Will shine forever with love in our hearts.

Dear friend, we know what you did was for the best, and that you'll be sad for a time, but Bandit will love you from the Rainbow Bridge until you cross over youself.

jazzcat
08-05-2004, 09:42 PM
I am so sorry. It's incredibly hard to make these kinds of decisions.

Rest in Peace sweet Bandit.

Miss Meow
08-06-2004, 03:18 AM
I'm so sorry :(

I know you did the right thing for Bandit, but it's such a sad thing to say goodbye to a loved family member. Rest in peace, Bandit.

cloverfdx
08-06-2004, 08:08 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss :( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Play hard at the bridge Bandit.

sasvermont
08-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I hope you recover quickly and know that you did the right thing by letting him go ... it is just oh so difficult. I have tears in my eyes, just typing this...... I know how much you loved him...and will miss him.....

SAS

lizbud
08-06-2004, 12:08 PM
I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences in your loss
of Bandit. You both showed pure unselfish love for this sweet
boy by releasing him from pain. You both are in my thoughts
and prayers in this sad time of loss. Rest in peace Bandit.

Cataholic
08-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Boscibo,
I am so deeply sorry for the loss of Bandit. I know all too well the depth of your grief. I can only tell you that you did the right thing, the compassionate thing, the thing Bandit relied on you to do. Please take extra special care of yourself right now. You need it. Bandit is truly in a better place right now, playing freely, and looking over you. May God comfort you and your family at this difficult time.

My Peanuts
08-06-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

RIP Bandit

Desert Arabian
08-06-2004, 06:08 PM
I am so sorry. I am only guess what if feels like to loose a beloved dog, I am sure the feeling is beyond terrible. Travel to the bridge safe and fast, Bandit.

((((((HUGS))))) Boscibo.

:( :( :(

boscibo
08-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the condolences, it really means a lot to us. I can't believe the depth of my pain right now, I am so lost. I keep wandering around the house hoping it is all a dream. I would give anything to hear him whine for dinner, or bark at the mailman again. It was especially hard last night after the other two dogs were fed, that was always the time for Bandit's walk in the park. Jeff and I walked over there anyways, it was so sad. :(

Here are some of my favorite Bandit pictures, I'm planning on putting up a webpage when I feel more up to it.

Here is when Bandit was very young:

http://home.comcast.net/~patti76/bandit_pro.jpg

Here he is looking cute in the snow:

http://home.comcast.net/~patti76/bandit_likes_snow.jpg

Here is a picture I liked, the same one that is in my sig:

http://home.comcast.net/~patti76/bandito.jpg

tatsxxx11
08-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Oh, I can't type for the tears...Thank you for sharing your Bandit with us. His picutres are so precious and what a beautiful boy he was. This is such a difficult time for you, I know, and my heart breaks for you and for Jeff:( I'm glad to know that you and Jeff have each other, and the pups to help ease your pain. I think of your boy so often. You are not alone:( Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Sudilar
08-06-2004, 08:38 PM
How handsome Bandit was!!! I am so very sorry for your great loss. He will live on in your heart forever. Hugs.

popcornbird
08-07-2004, 02:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :( RIP, sweet Bandit.

ChrisH
08-07-2004, 05:50 AM
I am so, so, sorry. I know how hard it is, and that lost feeling too. {{Big Hugs}}

Rest in Peace sweet and handsome Bandit.

RobiLee
08-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Oh, Boscibo....what a sad sad time for you and Jeff. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart just breaks for you. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that Bandit is running joyfully through a beautiful meadow with all of our Rainbow Bridge babies

That sure is a sweet picture of you, Bandit. You make sure you say Hello to my sweet Chloe.

Rest In Peace, Sweet Bandit.

Robin :(

Albea
08-07-2004, 09:26 AM
So sorry for your loss of Bandit.
This may be his message to you and Jeff from the Bridge...

Request From Rainbow Bridge
by Constance Jenkins

Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life..

gini
08-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Reading the above posts about the loss of your beloved Bandit shows me how many of us fully understand your pain.

The word Rainbow Bridge gives you a catch in your throat and then you read who it is that has crossed and there is a pain in your heart that you know all too well.

Because so many have experienced this pain we can become one with you in your grief for just a little while.

Just think of all of the love you gave Bandit - he took it with him to the bridge and he is proudly showing it to everyone.

And when it is your time, Bandit will spread a pathway for you out of this love and welcome you with wet kisses and more.

I am so very sorry that you had to let him go - but it is only a temporary condition.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Oh I am SO sorry about Bandit!! I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I lost my Bandit (yes, same name too!), a border collie about 2 1/2 years ago, after we had to put him down. Gosh, it was so hard, since he was my very best friend! I miss him so much, and I can't tell you how sorry I am...I know how it is when you know that you'll only have your pet a few minutes longer...it broke my heart, but I'm slowly recovering. You'll always have that sense of loss of Bandit, but know he's always in your heart. As long as you remember him, he'll still be alive in a way...like your "guardian dog" to watch over you. Right now, all you can do is cry, and that's ok. But know that someday the tears will stop flowing, and you'll just be comforted and happy to remember all the special memories of your beloved pet.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I only saw this thread now. I am so sorry that Bandit crossed the Bridge.

My heart is heavy. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Julie

wolf_Q
08-08-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( RIP Bandit

lizzielou742
08-13-2004, 12:27 PM
What a sweet and handsome boy he was. RIP dear Bandit. :( :( :(

Killearn Kitties
08-17-2004, 06:12 AM
I was awfully sorry to hear about Bandit and to hear about how much you are missing him right now. I love all his pictures. He looks such a happy dog and obviously had a great life with you.

Rest in peace Bandit.

boscibo
08-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Thanks again everyone. It still hurts so bad. I scanned in all the pictures I had taken of him before digital cameras (and cursed both the crappy camera and my poor photography skills of those early years), and noticed how much his face had grayed in his older years.

I have put up basically a shrine to him in my room, I printed up a bunch of 8"x10"s and framed them, they are all up on the wall and the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning. We picked up his ashes the other day, now I am on the hunt for the perfect urn, or maybe I'll make one myself and personalize it. So for now Bandit is sitting on my armoire next to all his pictures.

Then today we took Gandy in for a teeth cleaning and when I went to pick him up the girl working at the vet's handed me Bandit's collar. I had forgotten to take it off that day and thought it was lost forever. It was one of those things that I wanted from him, but afterwards I just assumed it had went with his body to the crematorium and didn't want to face disappointment by asking about it and being told it was gone.

I went to a pet loss support group that my vet offers, that helped a bit. It only meets once a month though.

What a painful process. :(

LorraineO
08-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Its always painful to lose a pet ... thye are like family and loss is not nice... just keep remembering the good times and take comfort in knowing Bandit is free of wrry and pains at the RB.

I am SO happy you got his collar too.... keep up with the support group,, but inbetween meetings,, you have us!

senorita02
08-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Oh i am so sorry for your loss, Bandit is happy at Rainbow Bridge now:)

captain
08-22-2004, 09:48 PM
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} to you during this difficult time.

I too am typing through the tears .......... thanks so much for sharing your photos ......

Tonya
08-29-2004, 04:56 PM
I am so sorry that I missed this thread. I am sorry about your loss. Rest in peace, Bandit.

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
08-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry. I don't know how you even survive without him, I'd be devestated without my Buddy. Hopefully you will see Bandit someday in Doggie Heaven. I will keep him in my thoughts today and hope you feel better.:( :( :( :( :(

stacwase
08-30-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Bandit.

Dot
09-07-2004, 06:59 PM
So very sorry about your losing Bandit. From his pictures, you can tell he was a devoted and loving pet. With love, Dot

Vermontcat
09-08-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now.
Sorry to hear that Bandit is gone now.:(
He had a long and happy life with you.
RIP Bandit.

Vio&Juni
09-08-2004, 10:43 AM
I saw this thread at the office, but I cannot reply from there. I am so sorry for you! Hugs, Boscibo

ramanth
09-09-2004, 09:39 AM
RIP Bandit. :(

Christiansmommy
09-09-2004, 10:21 AM
I am sorry i am late posting here. I just noticed this post. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that you and your SO can help each other cope with the loss. Bandit is running free and healthy now, in those big beautiful fields of wild flowers, in the sunny sky filled with rainbows. Hold onto the memories until you and he can be reunited again, someday. (((HUGS)))

Robyn