PDA

View Full Version : No metal flashlights?

gini
08-05-2004, 05:18 PM
I usually don't post something like this, but this one has been bothering me a lot.

Our Los Angeles Chief of Police has stated that all metal flashlights that the police carry will now be replaced with plastic flashlights.

If you have read the news, a suspect was beaten by a policeman with a metal flashlight.

So apparently grown men or women cannot be trusted to carry a metal flashlight in our police department.

Now is it me or is something very fundamentally wrong here?

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
That is totally ridiculous! The criminal scum can carry whatever their heart desires. Our officers here carry what is called an Asp.
Asp (http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/asp.htm) Very effective :)

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 05:56 PM
I don't think the issue is what the criminals carry, because the cops still carry guns. It's a whole police brutality thing. I have seen cops slam people on cars and generally beat the crap out of them for no real reason. I know someone who just recently had the cops called on her and when she asked them what was going on they SLAMMED her on the cop car, cuffed her and literally threw her into the back seat. I think they're just worried that they'll pull out the Maglites instead of shooting someone, and beat the %$!@ out of them!

catland
08-05-2004, 05:58 PM
uhh - I sort of thought that part of the reason for those flashlights was that they could also serve as a baton style weapon. :eek: :eek:

guess this means that the cops will just have to kick, punch, and bite the suspects instead.:eek:

gini
08-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by gini

Now is it me or is something very fundamentally wrong here?

So do we have a police department that cannot control their flashlights?

Tonya
08-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Sweet, so now they can just pistol whip the people instead. :rolleyes: How about some flashlight training and a few attitude adjustments instead? That's ridiculous taking their flashlights away.

RICHARD
08-06-2004, 10:58 AM
LAPD chief Bratton has decided to let his officers design their own flashlights as opposed to buying an off-the-shelf-model....

The officers can't use the flashlights properly so that makes them qualified to design them..

Nice.:rolleyes:

slick
08-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Does this mean that next year I can approach one of your "boys in blue" and say

"Flash me??" :confused: :D

Logan
08-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by slick
Does this mean that next year I can approach one of your "boys in blue" and say

"Flash me??" :confused: :D

LOL!!!! :p :p :p

I'm sorry, Gini, Slick got me sidetracked. :o

I totally agree with you. What a stupid, stupid decision.

gini
08-06-2004, 11:47 PM
That's alright Logan, Slick's comment is really perfect for this subject don't you think?:D :D

Now, I DARE her to do it!:p :p

slick
08-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by gini
Now, I DARE her to do it!:p :p
Don't tempt me!!!! :D :D

moosmom
08-11-2004, 11:01 AM
As a former auxilliary state police officer from CT, those metal flashlights can be considered a deadly weapon. I own one and they are HEAVY and can do serious bodily injury. Mine fell on my head once and caused a serious lump and bruise.

Oh Slick, you are just TOO funny!!!! :D

RICHARD
08-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Mine fell on my head once and caused a serious lump and bruise.

When I first read that I thought it said,

"Mine fell on a head once and" ......:confused: