PDA

View Full Version : lab puppy kept in box!

lute
08-05-2004, 05:03 PM
a friend of mine told me about a girl that has a lab puppy that they keep in a small box with a brick on top!they only get it out 1-2 times a day for a few mins. it uses the bathroom in there too! i know this girl and her family. she used to be a friend of mine. they don't care for their animals and don't want to take the time to learn how to care for them. this girl and i are already in a scuffle and i don't want to talk to her anymore. how do i help this puppy? i know that a box is not a proper home for a lab....or ANY puppy!

Desert Arabian
08-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Call the police. Yes, that's right, call the police. If you really want to help the dog, call the police. Too afraid? Don't be. Have your parents call then. Bottom line, call the police.

Should I repeat that!? :p

sammy101
08-05-2004, 05:12 PM
well,probably,here in houston they have to Animal Cops(spca) and you can call them and complain to them about the little puppy being kept in a box,and you tell them the addres,name,etc.they wont tell the people your name or anything,but im not sure where you live and if they have Animal Cops and ya,but you should mabye talk to her about it? tell her that that isnt right,and lab puppys have lots of energy and need to run around.hopefully that helps??:( :(

keep us updated please!!

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Call the police. Yes, that's right, call the police. If you really want to help the dog, call the police. Too afraid? Don't be. Have your parents call then. Bottom line, call the police.

Ditto! This is the epitomy of animal cruelty! Those people should pay for it! :mad:

lute
08-05-2004, 05:13 PM
i am not afraid. i have called the police about other animal things. i told my friend to tell them to take care of it right or i will do something about it......i am leaving tomarrow and will be gone till sunday. i will call on monday if they have still not changed. that's the soonest i can call.

bckrazy
08-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I would call right now! like, right this second! The puppy could die between now and Monday. She could definately have a lack of oxygen in a box with a brick on top! and I would bet anything she isnt vaccinated, or given enough water or food. I found numbers that you can call today, right now, in addition to calling the police. :mad: if I were you, I wouldnt give those morons a second to make up for what theyre doing... they know its wrong, and they dont deserve a second chance! on the news I recently heard about a man who was arrested for keeping his GSD puppy in a BUCKET with a lid over it, and the puppy died for lack of oxygen and dehydration. gawd this makes me sick, that poor baby! I am ashamed to share a species with these people. Call any and all of these numbers, until someone rescues the puppy! dont wait!

ANIMAL PROTECTION COALITION (INDIANA): (317) 733-0470
HUMANE SOCIETY: 876-2170 or 872-5650
CALL 6 HELPLINE: 269-1466

Even if you arent completely sure theyre doing it, just call! they do not need to have a dog if thats their idea of caring for her.

tatsxxx11
08-05-2004, 05:22 PM
OMG!!! Please, call animal control, the police, the Humane Society also has an abuse hotline! This is pure torture for this poor dog. God only knows what damage they have already done to his psyche:(:(:( Please, can't you call today? Why wait until Monday:confused: :( After you make the call, it's out of your hands. Please try.

KYS
08-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Please call animal control as others suggested.
I can not believe these people are treating
this poor dog like this.

lute
08-05-2004, 05:36 PM
i will call.....the reason i wasn't gonna call till monday was cause the number that i was gonna call isn't open til then or i'm gone till then. i didn't know there were other numbers to call.......thanks

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 05:39 PM
easiest number in the world to remember... 911! Just explain the situation and they'd direct you as needed.

anna_66
08-05-2004, 06:40 PM
In a box? OMG what is wrong with those people? They really don't need to have a dog:mad:

I hope you do call. Please let us know the outcome.

Poor puppy:(

dappledoxie
08-05-2004, 07:14 PM
How awful, yes do call and let us know how it turns out, I hope they take that poor pup away from them and find it a great home.

cocker_luva
08-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover

repeat it if you have too! but i agree 100% call the police, aspca, anywhere and everywhere. save this puppy!!!

chrissycat21
08-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Call the poilce! Three words, three numbers. Just make sure that puppy is ok!

-Chrissy