PDA

View Full Version : Hair Bangs

Amber
08-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Does anyone here have bangs?

I'm asking because i'm getting tired of my look and I'm just searching for some new hairstyle choices.

So if you have bangs do you like them? And if you don't have them, why?

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 04:58 PM
I've pretty much always had bangs. A few times I grew them out and for the shape of my face, it just doesn't work. :rolleyes: Plus, I got tired of having hair in my face all the time. But then, I tend to keep my hair shorter, so bangs look better. :) It all depends on whether you want a shorter do, or longer... Lots of short, chunky layers can look good, especially if you have thicker hair... which i dont... :p

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 05:00 PM
I keep my hair short with no bangs. I can't stand anything on my forehead! Drives me crazy.

lovemyshiba
08-05-2004, 05:13 PM
I had bangs cut a while back-probably in January, and I hate them.

I really wanted them, so my stylist did it, but I don't like them. I have to wear my hair back for work, and the bangs are too short to tie back with my hair, and too long to leave hang--I have to put an extra clippy or bobby pin in them to keep them back.
My hair is really thin too, and I like to just get out of the shower, let it dry and go, and the bangs make it hard to do that, because I have to pin them back or whatever.

I really like the look of them when I take the time to do my hair though.

Toller 42
08-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I have bangs but i can't stand them so I'm growing them out.

binka_nugget
08-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I had bangs until grade 6. I hated them. I hated having them go in front of my eyes. I'm also really lazy so I never bothered clipping them. I'm glad I grew them out. :D

Tonya
08-05-2004, 06:03 PM
I just keep my hair long and layered. I don't like bangs, to much maintenance.

catnapper
08-05-2004, 06:14 PM
I have bangs, and unlike the majority here, I LOVE them. They are very thin, fringy type bangs that I can wear curled down to cover my forehead or curl up and back, or a flipy mixture of both. I LOVE them because on days I'm feeling particulary lazy I can pull all my hair into a pony tail or french braid and just curl the bangs... *poof* ready to go in five minutes flat! :D

Tonya
08-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I have bangs, and unlike the majority here, I LOVE them. They are very thin, fringy type bangs that I can wear curled down to cover my forehead or curl up and back, or a flipy mixture of both. I LOVE them because on days I'm feeling particulary lazy I can pull all my hair into a pony tail or french braid and just curl the bangs... *poof* ready to go in five minutes flat! :D

Five minutes is to long for me. lol. I wash my hair the night before so that I don't even have to blow dry it. I am so lazy.

lovemyshiba
08-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Five minutes is to long for me. lol. I wash my hair the night before so that I don't even have to blow dry it. I am so lazy.

me too!!:D

Sweet Sixy
08-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I kinda have bangs. I have like two little pieces, one on each side. My stylist calls them "decorative sections" She's so silly. I love them, it was a big change for me. They look cute when my hair is up and when its down they just kinda of blend in with my layers. :)

Karen
08-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I've pretty much always had bangs except for a few years around 5th grade when I got too leery of Mom's (nonexistant, overanxious) hairdressing skills. But I have a high Swedish forehead, and it looks better covered a bit! By eight grade, I decided to try dad's skill with scissors, which was much improved from Ma's. I combed my hair down, he said "Hold still ..." and shunk - off in one confident swipe of the scissors, and we were both happy. And with bangs that way my eyebrows have something to kinda balance them out, too! Bangs are fun, and they can really soften your look. Do you have a recent picture of yourself? Post it, an attachment is fine, and I can "add bangs" digitally and you can see what you'll look like!

DogLover9501
08-05-2004, 08:40 PM
I've also always had bangs, I tempted to grow them out a few times, but I like them so I've always changed my mind lol

Kfamr
08-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I have bangs and I like them alot. The only thing I don't like is when it's humid they like to go every which way. I like them cause they hide my forehead. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/kay9/hurr.jpg

They're really long, now though.

Twisterdog
08-05-2004, 09:34 PM
I had no bangs until the fifth grade. Then I had bangs from the fifth grade until about two years ago, when I decided to grow them out. I spent two years growing out my bangs to be the length of my (long) hair ... and then decided I didn't like the way I looked without bangs. Sooooo ... a couple of months ago I cut bangs again.

cocker_luva
08-05-2004, 09:56 PM
i grew out my bangs when i was probably 7. i just got tired of them in my eyes and touching my forehead. plus it makes oil build-up underneath and causes pimples.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-05-2004, 09:57 PM
I had bangs until I was 19, but then got tired of them and grew them out.

dappledoxie
08-05-2004, 10:14 PM
I haven't had bangs in a long time. I thought about getting some cut but can't decide lol. I can never make up my mind. :)

MariaM
08-05-2004, 11:27 PM
I haven't had bangs for...oh maybe 7 years or so. I didn't like the kind I had, which were like normal hair on my forhead...you know? But I do like the kind that are thinner and sort of go on the sides. Hard to explain.

I like these ones.

http://lyrics.tjwalraven.com/images/hilary-duff.jpg

I DON'T like these ones.

http://www.hair-styles.org/imageVP0.JPG

Kfamr
08-05-2004, 11:29 PM
I *looovvee* that kind! I wish mine were capable of doing that but my hair is far too soft and fine to do it.

MariaM
08-05-2004, 11:36 PM
I *looovvee* that kind! I wish mine were capable of doing that but my hair is far too soft and fine to do it.

The ones I do or don't like?

Kfamr
08-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
The ones I do or don't like?

The ones you don't like. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
08-06-2004, 12:39 AM
I had bangs in Elementary School. When I started Middle School, I decided not to have them anymore. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. :p All of my friends have said, "You used to have bangs? I can't imagine that! I would think you would look much better without them!" and I have to agree. :p

RubyMutt
08-06-2004, 12:49 AM
It's funny that you post this right now. I've been contemplating getting bangs again myself. I haven't had them in probably close to 10 years. I'm still not 100% sure if I want them, but I'm enjoying reading everyone's replies :D

Originally posted by Tonya

DITTO! I'm glad I'm not the only lazy one :o ;)

Kfamr
08-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Speaking of lazy...

All I do it get out of the shower, brush it, and let it do it's own thing. :p

slleipnir
08-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Speaking of lazy...

All I do it get out of the shower, brush it, and let it do it's own thing. :p

Me too :o

I use to have bangs. Not anymore XD

popcornbird
08-06-2004, 02:11 AM
I used to have bangs but haven't for a long time. They were SO annoying. I'm happy without them. ;)

They *did* look good though. I had thin bangs (like the first picture MariaM posted.....the one she likes). While they looked nice, it was annoying to have them on my forehead all the time. I could *see* them in front of my eyes, and that's what bothered me.

Lillycat
08-06-2004, 08:16 AM
i love them.....i have worn them both ways like mariaM and i like both ways.....i am wearing them the way mariaM doesnt like for the past few years......

primabella
08-06-2004, 08:45 AM
I have had the plain, boring old hairstyle for years so this year I finally cut bangs and I love them. When I was in grade 7, I had those bangs that go like across your forehead (straight-cut) and they looked really bad on me so I was nervous to cut bangs again. I just got them cut so they reach below my eye and then I put them to the side.

As for styling them in any way, I just leave my hair to dry naturally when I get out of the shower. I've even gotten lazy enough as to not brush my hair at all, lol. My hair naturally waves so it comes out alright.

Mine look sort of like this if I dry them..

cloverfdx
08-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Im not sure if they are bangs (We dont call them bangs here), but this is how my hair is at the moment, i got it cut yesterday but it is no way near short enough, and it is annoying and falls all over my face. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AANewHairPT.jpg
Grrrrrr ;)

bluekat
08-06-2004, 10:46 AM
I used to have then a few years ago, but I got rid of them. I like it much better now. I hate when hair gets in my face so I guess its better without them for me:p

Amber
08-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I really like these bangs:

Thanks for all your comments, I'm still deciding. I'm just afraid how they will look on me. I don't want them to be cut straight though.

Kay, I really like your bangs!