PDA

View Full Version : dreaming??

sammy101
08-05-2004, 04:41 PM
this is kind of hard to explain but Kodie seems to "dream" alot.like when he's sleeping,he'll start twitching(spl?!?) then he'll start like whining and stuff,then i have to wake him up so he'll stop! my RB dalmation Sheena did it too.does your dog do that?? if anyone might know why they do that,please reply!

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 04:45 PM
They're just dreaming, just like people. All my dogs do it too. They woof, run, cry and wag their tails, just like people talk in their sleep.

You don't really need to wake him up. It would be like someone waking you up in the middle of a good dream. :)

Amber
08-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Elvis is always doing that when he sleeps, and yes there dreaming. :)

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2004, 04:59 PM
My dogs both do it too, I also believe they're just dreaming.But not sure if it's always a good dream so I wake them up:)

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
I wake Duke up sometimes because it sounds like he's having a bad dream. He kind of woofs in his sleep and it sounds sad. I hope I'm not interrupting a good dream.

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 05:15 PM
The only time I wake any of the pups up is if they're crying. If they're just woofing and running and such, I leave them be and they usually settle down after a sec. :)

Toller 42
08-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Tango dreams all the time sometimes she sucks on her bone like she did when she was with her mom and other times she just twitches and runs in her sleep. She has nightmares sometimes too I have to wake her up, she starts whining and yelping and puts her tail in her legs. she usually has good dreams though.

anna_66
08-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes, my dogs do this too. Sometimes Angus even howls in his sleep.

tatsxxx11
08-05-2004, 07:32 PM
All my pups have dreamed...paws motoring, lips twitching, eye lids blinking!:) Very normal and so precious to watch their little fantasies play out:) Occasionally there's the doggiemare when they seem distressed. I just gently wake them up and hug and kiss them, then back to sleepyville:) Not to worry!

chrissycat21
08-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Its funny to watch Snowy in the middle of a dream. She barks, whines, rolls around, tail wags, paws go crazy like shes trying to run, its like watching a silent movie! lol (other than the occasional bark)

-Chrissy

Glacier
08-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Sleet dreams all the time. It's cute. She makes this sound like a toddler giggling. We never wake her up from her "happy place". Hubby thinks she is dreaming about running free through her old dog yard teasing the other dogs----"ha, ha, I'm free, you're not!":p

Kfamr
08-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Simba does ALOT. It's so cute. I always wake him up because I can't resist smooching him on the face. :p