PDA

View Full Version : Carl Washington, Pet Detective

Tonya
08-05-2004, 11:37 AM
This pet detective called me this morning and I told him no thanks. I thought it sounded fishy. But now, I am looking at his website, and maybe he is for real. Have you heard of him? What do you think?

http://www.carlwashington-petdetective.com/

shais_mom
08-05-2004, 12:14 PM
I have never heard of him but I was getting online looking for your post where you mentioned him earlier.
There is a Kat Albrecht in Clovis CA. Forgive me for not knowing anything about CA but I am not sure how far this is away from you. My luck it's probably clear on the other side of the state.
I am getting ready to start reading her book, The Lost Pet Chronicles.
What I do know about her is that she is a former k9 cop that when her dog got lost she was so devastated she enlisted in the help of another one of her K9 dogs to find him and she decided that that was reason God put her here. She has been in Reader's Digest, Guidepost, and on Animal Planet. Might be worth checking out.
She is the founder of the Missing Pet Partnership.

The web sites listed on the back of the book are.

www.katalbrecht.com and it says there are tips to finding a lost pet on www.lostapet.org

shais_mom
08-05-2004, 12:19 PM
And I think that Kat Albrecht would be a heck of lost cheaper then bringing this dude in from Virginia.
But sounds like he might be legit.... :confused:

Tonya
08-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Cool! Thank you! Clovis is only about 2 hours from me. I'll give Raven a day or two, but if she doesn't show up, I'll call her. This will just confirm for my neighbors what an animal nut I am...lol....hiring a pet detective.

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Tonya

... I'll give Raven a day or two,
but if she doesn't show up,
I'll call her.

You might want to rethink how long to *wait*...

The longer you *wait*,
the more difficult it becomes for a Tracking Dog -
more and more "other critters" cut across Raven's Scent Trail.

Why don't you call her now and discuss Cost and
When might be the best time to start.

/s/ Phred ..

Tonya
08-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
You might want to rethink how long to *wait*...

The longer you *wait*,
the more difficult it becomes for a Tracking Dog -
more and more "other critters" cut across Raven's Scent Trail.

Why don't you call her now and discuss Cost and
When might be the best time to start.

/s/ Phred ..

I agree. But I also know that it is going to take a ton of convincing to get my husband to let me do that. I just read the website, they have some really helpful tips. I'm going to call and find out about pricing right now.

Tonya
08-05-2004, 02:09 PM
She doesn't have a phone number, but I emailed her. Hopefully her price is something that I can talk my husband into. I have a feeling that I can, because Raven is "his" cat. They have a very close bond.

Tonya
08-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Oh! I have a thought! My friend trains police dogs. Her dogs do tracking! I'm going to see if she can do it!

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 02:10 PM
How interesting... a Pet Detective! Definitely keep us updated on how things go.

Tonya
08-05-2004, 02:24 PM
I just talked to my friend that does tracking, she thinks I should first try taking my dogs out. She doesn't think Raven went far as skittish as she is. So, I'm going to see what happens. Wish me luck.

Amber
08-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Hmm I wonder if he can track a missing cat thats been missing for a month or so?

I doubt it. :(

Tonya, I hope Raven comes home.

Tonya
08-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Hmm I wonder if he can track a missing cat thats been missing for a month or so?

I doubt it. :(

Tonya, I hope Raven comes home.

My friend didn't even think he'd have any better luck tracking Raven after three days. She said my dogs probably would do just as well since they know her and always want to play with her.

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Have your dogs ever had to track something before? If not, they may not understand what to do, what's expected of them. I don't know how that would work. :)

Tonya
08-05-2004, 02:46 PM
I just found her! I'm so happy. I put a thread in cat general.