PDA

View Full Version : Vegas and Reno to the white coats!!

Equus217
08-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, any of you that read my thread last week...just wanted to report back!! I thought Reno was having allergy related problem...clear teary eyes, and runny nose, with little sneezy outbursts. However, a trip to the vet yesterday proved otherwise. The vet thinks that since she was the runt (and a very sickly one at that) that her immune system is suppressed, and she never fought off the URI completely. :( So back on chloremphenical (sp?) she goes for 10 days. Vet says she can still get spayed next week unless she worsens.

I'm a little worried now though with this suppressed immune system thing. They did have Vegas and Reno's mom at the shelter and they said she tested negative.....what do you think the chances of them testing positive would be?? I know they are too young to test....but I am a little worried:(

Anyway,

here's a cute pic I took before we left!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/equus217/IMG_1725.jpg

catlover4ever
08-05-2004, 09:47 AM
From the picture you posted it looks like they are saying "Help, get us out of here PPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE" ;)

I hope everything turns out OK with Reno.

Just a little positive thought for you. I have had several "sickly runts" and they all turned out just fine.....sometimes they just need a lot of tender loving care.

My mom's kitty Buttercup, also a runt...had pneumonia really bad and was determined to be immunosuppressed. She wheezed, coughed, her eyes were almost closed shut, she was just so sick that the vet gave her a 10 % chance of living....well, this is her...8 years later.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p3905c3ee8dcb5f753c7367a95489ac5e/fb65f7de.jpg

I will say some special prayers just to be on the safe side for Reno. Time, patience and lots of love and care should help Reno and she will probally be just fine.

jazzcat
08-05-2004, 10:16 AM
When I got Jazz at 14 weeks she was very sick. She had a URI, ringworm, earmites and tapeworms. It took quite a while to get her healthy and then about a month later she had a flare of the URI. I was really worried but my vet said that cats who had a severe URI as a kitten will have bouts or flares of it every few months until their first or second birthday and then probably won't have any problems again until they old age. He was right she had a few more flares but has had nothing for over a year now (she turned two in May). Maybe this will be the case for Reno.

Equus217
08-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the reassuring thoughts!! I think (hope&pray) that she'll be o.k. SHe's a spunky little thig...just can't seem to get rid of the sniffles!!

Calover4ever,
Buttercup is a beauty!!! It was very comforting to hear a similar story...and see such a pretty baby at the end of it!!!:D

Jazzcat,
I am also bery relieved to hear about Jazz. That seems to be EXACTLY what is going on with Reno...so I hope she has a happy ending like Jazz! :D