PDA

View Full Version : What pet do you want, but can't have?

Kfamr
08-05-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm constantly saying I want.... but I know I can't have.

I'd love a pair of Ratties, a Rabbit, some sort of Gecko, some sort of turtle, and of course a kitty... and one day I will have atleast one of these animals.

So, what animals do you want but are incapable of owning at the moment?

CountryWolf07
08-05-2004, 12:31 AM
A cat..

but I can't..

My mom and two brothers are allergic to cats..

jazzcat
08-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Aly's Chance and Lucky, but I'm working on it.:D :D

binka_nugget
08-05-2004, 12:38 AM
I really want cats but Kaedyn disagrees.

I want ratties as well but my mom is stuck on thinking that they're dirty animals.

I'd also love a tiel but Kaedyn also doesn't agree with me. :rolleyes:

DogLover9501
08-05-2004, 12:38 AM
A Rottweiler!!!

**EDIT** I also forgot to add a Ragdoll cat

Tonya
08-05-2004, 12:40 AM
A Savannah.

http://www.afrikhan.net/queens.htm

MariaM
08-05-2004, 12:50 AM
A cat and a horse.

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 12:55 AM
A duck
A potbellied pig
and an African Grey :)

Aspen and Misty
08-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Hmm, there really isn't a pet I feel that I can't have that I want. I want a Cow, but I will have one eventually, just not right this second, and I'm willing to wait, so I don't count that.

Ash

Desert Arabian
08-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Yellow Lab/Dog in general
Squirrel
Prairie Dog
Chipmunk
Richardson's Ground Squirrel
Giant Gambian Pouched Rat
Rabbit
Guinea Pig
Dairy Cow (any, doesn't matter what breed)
Texas Longhorn
Goats
Llama
Miniature Donkey
Mule (draft)
Ducks

...basically all farm animals and rodents :D I love farm critters and rodents!!

"Horse" used to be on the list, but mom & dad said I can get a horse, so get a horse I shall. But that will take a while.

Aspen and Misty
08-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover

Dairy Cow (any, doesn't matter what breed)

YLL look at "Dustin" a sweet baby boy cow who was born from a dairy cow. he was teh SWEETEST thing, I got to bottle feed him :D I need to figure out what breed he is cause very single cow of his breed at the barn was SWEET.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Nova2002/Dustin/BarnPictures068.jpg

Sucking on my finger! EWW COW SPIT!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Nova2002/Dustin/788b1fbc.jpg ;)

Sucking on my shirt :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Nova2002/Dustin/4b8b8ed1.jpg

You can see more of him here
http://photobucket.com/albums/v109/Nova2002/Dustin/?action=view&current=BarnPictures126.jpg

Ashley

:)

Lillycat
08-05-2004, 02:20 AM
...........a whole houseful of kitties.......smile.......

cloverfdx
08-05-2004, 04:13 AM
Top of my list is an African Grey parrot, i love them such beautiful intelligent birds. :) Also a couple of Ratties and a Jersey cow.

Clover very much disagrees with the Ratties and the Bird though :(, her prey drive is way to strong for small critters and birds. & Elvis wants to get a few Sheep ;).

I forgot to add Dustin is adorable :D *Kisses for Dustin*

jenluckenbach
08-05-2004, 04:19 AM
need to figure out what breed he is
He appears to be a Jersey cow (and yes, a very sweet breed)

I would like finches but I am not too sure how the cats would like that! :eek:

neko1
08-05-2004, 06:05 AM
Definitely more kitties, a houseful of Abyssinians and orangies and tabbies and tuxies......!:) ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I would like finches but I am not too sure how the cats would like that! :eek:

Are you kidding, the cats would love that (*licks lips*).

The only animal that I really want, but cannot have right now is a large dog. I would love a lab or lab mix, but I don't have a big enough yard right now.

One day I hope to have a farm with chickens and goats and other farm animals.

anna_66
08-05-2004, 07:11 AM
I'd love to have a horse.

lizzielou742
08-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Oh...a horse, more cats, a dog, birds...and more fish!

Samantha Puppy
08-05-2004, 07:38 AM
A kitten. I'm hoping that maybe under the Christmas tree this year is a box with holes in it and a little boy Maine Coon kitten. That would be the best Christmas present ever. :)

Logan
08-05-2004, 07:40 AM
I want Koi, but I have to have the pond in the yard before I can have them! :)

primabella
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Basically any pet is impossible as long as I'm living under this roof. Birds and a dog are more than enough to my dad, lol.

But when I'm on my own, I'm definitely getting a gecko (for sure, for sure), a kitty and plenty of dogs. :)

Rachel
08-05-2004, 08:59 AM
As long as we are just dreaming here, I would love to have a minature horse or maybe a little donkey, and of course a kitty or two.

bluekat
08-05-2004, 09:00 AM
The ONE thing that I have wanted more than anything is a dog. But I'm not allowed to get one:( I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. But I know my parents will never let me...*sighs* I always wish that they were animal lovers like me:(

And also, I want another cat but I don't think I'm allowed right now. And a horse maybe, but only if we lived somewhere big enough to have one lol.

And I also think it would be cool to own a tiger:p I've seen people on TV who have them and they are very cute. But I don't think I'd ever be allowed to have one either, even when I move out lol.

I know this is stupid, but I've already planned out everything now. I decided already when I move out how many dogs and how many cats I will own and which breeds lol.

cocker_luva
08-05-2004, 09:27 AM
domestic pets
Guinea pigs
ferrets
rats
cats
snakes
rabbits
hedgehog

farm pets
cows
pigs
goats
llama

wild pets
skunk (stink removed)
squirrel
birds - duck, raven, etc.
prairie dog

lovemyshiba
08-05-2004, 10:30 AM
I want a kitty.
I am unable to have one though, because my allergies are so bad, that I would be in misery the whole time. Plus I have four dogs who haven't been around cats, so it would not work.

I also want a horse.

dappledoxie
08-05-2004, 10:37 AM
I want another cat one day, but I think most of all I want another dachshund. That will come in it's own time though.

Holly's mom
08-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I would love to have a horse again. I used to have one waaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was in high school, almost 30 years ago! I remember I begged my mom and and dad for a horse from the time I was in kindergarten until 7th grade, when they FINALLY gave in. I was one horse crazy girl, we boarded her about a mile from our house, so I was over there all the time, especially in the summer when school was out, I was there from the crack of dawn until dark every night. I wore riding boots all summer long, and when school would start in the fall, it felt weird to have to put regular shoes on again.

I would also like to get another Springer Spaniel, possibly a rescue one. I have thought about this before, but I always hesitated because I didn't know how well Holly would adjust to that. But right now I am having some personal problems, so I will have to wait until they get resolved before I think about that again.

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Holly's Mom, come down to Florida and see Flair! I would love to have a Zebra as a horse. I would also love to have a Fresian horse. They are so beautiful! They are also very expensive. Add an Andalusion horse to the list, and a Draft horse. I think I'd better check my lotto ticket to see if I won :p

mysterious_angel
08-05-2004, 11:34 AM
a moluccan cockatoo

Fox-Gal
08-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
A Savannah.

http://www.afrikhan.net/queens.htm

YES YES, that's one of my dream pets too. I'd love to have one.

And a monkey!!!!!!!!!!! (Mario ;) )
a pet deer again (had one years ago, that got hit by a car)
a llama (the man behind me has 2 and I love them)
2 cows ( miss my cows :( )

And my husband wants sheep.

Maresche
08-05-2004, 11:55 AM
A GSD. We can't right now because one of our kitties is terrified of dogs and we promised her a forever home first.

RICHARD
08-05-2004, 12:05 PM
A flying dinosaur.

That way I would be able to save on gas, sleep on the way to where I was going.

He could go flying around while I was at work, but pick me up at 5:30....

I'd also train him to attack on command, you never know when you meet a jerk in the parking lot of the market.
;)

shais_mom
08-05-2004, 12:26 PM
lol Richard!!

Another Kitty.
a BUNNY!!!
But Keegan would never agree to that.

Doggirl
08-05-2004, 12:57 PM
For me there's not really any pet I can't have its more of a space/money issue, but when I have both I really want to get.

A kitty
A Tiel
A Gecko
A bunny
And if I ever have enough room I would like a sheep.

pitc9
08-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Dogs... I WANT MORE DOGS!!! :p

Rottie
Great Dane
Ridgeback
Swissie
Husky
Mini Yorkie :o

:D

GoldenRetrLuver
08-05-2004, 01:27 PM
A third dog. It's not possible now, but it will happen one of these days. Either another Golden Retriever, or a Smooth/Rough Blue Merle Collie.

slleipnir
08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
A HORSE!!! I REAAAAAAAALLY want a horse lol.

Another dog is always welcome too, but many not right now. Sometime though :)

I will be getting both at some point. Just not sure how soon..or not soon..lol

molucass
08-05-2004, 01:57 PM
more rats
a miniature pot belly pig
a cockatiel
a black and white paint horse
a dwarf bunny
ferrets
a full-blooded american pit bull terrier

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 02:11 PM
I forgot to add a Sugar Glider. :) I've wanted one of these or a flying squirrel for YEARS!!

AmberLee
08-05-2004, 02:13 PM
A telepathic flying dragon, sigh. :( (But they only exist in books. And possibly an upcoming movie. Has anybody else seen the PR info on the Pern novels being made into a movie? I swear I read about it once, but can't find it again...)

In real life, I would love a dog, but it just won't work in my life right now... not to mention Cassy and Livvy's probable reaction to a canine sibling! :rolleyes:

I used to dream of owning three pet elephants (Roger, Rover, and Fifi) and two minature polar bears. Not too practical... And the cats would hate them, too... :rolleyes:

Sweet Sixy
08-05-2004, 02:50 PM
I would like a sugar glider, a donkey and another Quarter Horse (well I"d really like to have my girl back, but since that isn't gonna happen another Palomino from her lines would be nice) I think a Tennessee Walker is on my list too :D

Amber
08-05-2004, 03:35 PM
I would love to have a cat again..

and I also want Finches (working on it)

chrissycat21
08-05-2004, 03:43 PM
A horse, of course! lol (my mom said it is possible. Next summer maybe?)

Another dog, a cat, a tiel, a bunny, a cow (no idea where i'd keep it. lol), and a MONKEY!

I'm sure if I had more time I could think of more.....

-Chrissy

Kater
08-05-2004, 03:45 PM
A dog... :(

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Kater
A dog... :(
Awwww, I can share Duke with you. He always loves extra attention. Hopefully soon you can have a dog.

Kater
08-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Awwww, I can share Duke with you. He always loves extra attention. Hopefully soon you can have a dog.
THANKS! :D I'll probably be able to get a dog once I'm out of school, which will be at least 6 years from now....*sigh*

Toller 42
08-05-2004, 05:26 PM
I want a ferret but my mom is allergic to them and I don't think the dogs would like it very much. i also want a leopard gecko or a bearded dragon but I have no where to put them because I already have a bunch of animals (not just dogs). I would also love to have a horse but i don't want to board it somewhere, I don't have any land to put one on.

Tonya
08-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Forgot one, a bi-eyed Blue Merle Pomeranian.

http://www.beaujames-pomeranians.com/merle_photo_pa/IMAG0032.JPG

Twisterdog
08-05-2004, 09:37 PM
A seal, an otter, a platypus, a pelican, some ducks, a koala bear, and some more ducks.

Not happening ...

;)

Kfamr
08-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Doggirl
For me there's not really any pet I can't have its more of a space/money issue, but when I have both I really want to get.

Yeah, same here. I'm sure my parents would allow me to get any animal that I want, and know that'd i'd be able to be responsible and take care of it, it's just the matter of space and money. I'd be willing to fill my room up with animals, if possible, though. :o It's already over-run by the dogs. :p

Desert Arabian
08-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
an otter

Our neighbors Edie and Duane, up at our cottage, used to have 5 otters. They were adorable! They also had a black bear named Bozo. They had a special permit from the DNR to own them. I would go over to their house and feed Bozo licorice jelly beans and marshmallows to him as a treat, and give the otters little pieces of fish. They eventually had to give them up, because they couldn't care for them any longer due to medical reasons (Duane got cancer, really bad).

NoahsMommy
08-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Dragon...hee hee ;) :D :D

A horse
A purse pup like a chi or a min. maltese
A whippet...or italian greyhound

But...with 8 cats, non of those will happen. Good thing I work at a vet. ;)

wolfie
08-05-2004, 10:53 PM
None I really want... I'm content with the pets I have now.

I'd love to have an agility dog someday though. (a pound puppy of course!)

and a unicorn. *cough* ¬_¬

and a penguin. I've always dreamed of having a pet penguin! :D

guster girl
08-06-2004, 12:43 AM
I can't really have any more pets right now. I'd take in just about anything, though, if I could. But, the one pet I've always wanted but never have had, is a horse. I'd love to have some land a couple of horses. That's always been a dream of mine! And, I wish I could have Lock with me, too! :)

cloverfdx
08-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Koalas are marsupials not bears ;) :D

flamepony12
08-20-2004, 12:49 PM
oooh, i know. I want a miniature Donkey, A cat, and an African Grey Parrot !!! :D :D

Harmanie
08-20-2004, 12:52 PM
I would LOVE to have a horse!!!
but for now I can only ride, love and groom my aunts!

kimlovescats
08-21-2004, 12:37 AM
A HORSE!!! :eek: I love them, and have always wanted one ... one day, dog gone it ... I WILL have one!!!:D

sammy101
08-21-2004, 08:17 AM
i want...

a small dog that can fit in those purses:p
Rottweiler
Great Dane
Horse(s)
A lizard(any kind)

i dont want a hamster b/c all my friends that had a hamster they lived for like a year!!
:eek:

chrissycat21
08-21-2004, 09:21 AM
GUESS WHAT?

I said I want a cockatiel but I couldn't have it, well now my mom said we could *maybe* get one soon!

I knew she would crack one of these days......lol

Uabassoon
08-21-2004, 11:39 AM
I've always wanted a hedgehog, but they are illegal to buy/sell here in Az. If I ever get the money I'd love to go to NM and get one.

wolf_Q
08-23-2004, 10:12 PM
I want another siberian husky and I'd love to have a kitty :)

Logan
08-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I was just rethinking this. I still would like to add the Koi that I mentioned earlier in this thread, and I always have that dream of having an English Bulldog, one day. But in reality, I am very content and don't feel that I even do justice to the ones I have, let alone adding more. But I can dream, and I assume that's what you mean, Kay, in your original question......I would add the fish, the dog, a kitten, and definitely another hamster or two if I could. :)

rizzy
08-23-2004, 10:34 PM
I want a ferret SOO bad!! I love them so much!

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
A telepathic flying dragon, sigh. :( (But they only exist in books. And possibly an upcoming movie. Has anybody else seen the PR info on the Pern novels being made into a movie? I swear I read about it once, but can't find it again...)

DITTO. I want a Pern Dragon!! SOOOO bad.

OMG! I HOPE SO!! I've ALWAYS said they should make movies! Have you ever played the game??

Ash

carole
08-23-2004, 11:44 PM
I have the pets I always wanted, and thought because of my allergy to cats it was impossible, so I am more than happy, but I guess I would like to own more cats, I know I am greedy, but I just cannot help myself, kitties ROCK!!!

P.S On really thinking about it, owning a Monkey would be awesome, lucky Willie!!!!!!