PDA

View Full Version : OK, I am getting frantic...

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:24 PM
I've went to the shelter, looked at the feral, lost, and injured cats. I looked at the DOA book. I put a picture up there.

I've contacted the lady that I got Raven from and let her know she's missing just in case the microchip info didn't get updated.

I've put signs up throughout my neighborhood and in the area vets and pet stores. I let all the neighbors know that she is missing. I put food and water outside.

What else can I do? Where else should I look? I'm afraid she's lying in some bush somewhere injured. I am so sick over this. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Tonya, did you put something of yours outside for her? Something like a blanket or jacket or something with "home" scent on it? Right next to a bowl of food. I know this has worked for others in the past. She might be hiding somewhere and something with the scent of home - and some food - might be enough to bring her out.

:(

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Good idea. I put our sheet out there on the porch. Thank you.

heinz57_79
08-04-2004, 10:48 PM
How long has she been missing again? I know you must've mentioned but it gets hard keeping track of everything sometimes. :) To try and give hope, cats are pretty feisty critters. They're good at being able to handle themselves. Dragon, our indoor/outdoor kitty, will sometimes be gone for days. I always worry. I'm always afraid he got into something, or got caught in a flooded wash or is lying in the middle of the road somewhere. But he always comes home. I know you're worried. But hang in there! Chances are, she'll come home soon! I know you've sold your house and that's just gotta add to everything, but keep thinking positive thoughts! She'll probably come home reeking of something festive, and maybe with a 'gift' or 2 for you. :)

We'll keep you in our thoughts!

NoahsMommy
08-04-2004, 10:49 PM
:( I'm so sorry Raven is missing. :( I'll be praying she comes home soon.

What about contacting your vet? People call us all the time when they've found an animal or when they've lost theirs.

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
How long has she been missing again?

This will be her second night gone. I wouldn't be so worried if she was an outside cat, but she isn't.

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
:( I'm so sorry Raven is missing. :( I'll be praying she comes home soon.

What about contacting your vet? People call us all the time when they've found an animal or when they've lost theirs.

I let my vet know as well as the others around here. My vet probaby thinks I have the hots for him or something. lol. I seem be in there every week for some reason.

jazzcat
08-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Oh no Tonya, I didn't know Raven was missing. I'm so sorry!!:(

Call and put a lost ad in your paper. Our paper said they run lost and found pets ads for free for three days when I called about the cat I found.

Also, put it on petfinders lost pet board and there is also a pets missing in action website you can list on. pmia website (http://www.pmia.com/)

I found these resourse when I was trying to locate Matilda's owners. It's a shot in the dark but I'd try everything, you never know.

Again, I'm so sorry. I'll say a prayer she returns home safely and quickly. Keep us posted.

carole
08-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Oh Tonya I am so sorry to hear Raven is missing, you must be beside yourself with worry, fingers and paws crossed here for the safe return of your furbaby and soon, good luck and please keep us posted.

Tonya
08-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Thank you for the ideas. I posted ads on both sites. I will call the newspaper first thing in the morning (why didn't I do that today?!)...

Thank you everyone for your concerns. I don't mean to be such a pest about this. This has never happened before, so I'm scared for her.

shais_mom
08-04-2004, 11:36 PM
I am so sorry she is still missing. I can't imagine.
Please Raven come HOME!!!!

RedHedd
08-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Tonya, post it on Craigs List too - it's free.

Tonya
08-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Ok, thank you. I don't know what that is, but I'll search.

Kirsten
08-05-2004, 03:31 AM
I don't mean to be such a pest about this.

Don't say that! We all know how you must feel and would be scared as well!!!

I'm so sorry she's still missing! :(

Kirsten

NKBurlington
08-05-2004, 06:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Raven is missing. I am praying for her save return very, very soon!!!

catmandu
08-05-2004, 08:58 AM
I know waht you are going through,as Moose the magnificent,was lost twice,each time for six weeks! And you keep going,to the window,thinking that he might be there,and then hes not,until the day,that the Cat Angels,guide him home! We are praying that Raven,comes home soon,to her Furr Ever Home!