PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

wolfie
08-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Did anyone hear that the 6th Harry Potter book has a name already? Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - confirmed by JK Rowling herself. She also said that the Half Blood Prince isn't Harry or Voldemort.

I'm excited about the next book - but at the same time I don't want it to come out, because after that there will only be one book left. I don't want it to end! :( :p

And I have no clue who the Half Blood Prince is. Probably a new character I think...

binka_nugget
08-04-2004, 09:51 PM
:D I heard about it! I can't wait! I still haven't read OoTP yet though..LOL. I bought it when it first came out and someone ruined it for me before I had a chance to read it. Ever since I found out, I haven't felt the need to read it..lol.

Samantha Puppy
08-04-2004, 09:52 PM
I read today somewhere that Rowling is planning an 8th book. I think it'd be interesting to see where Harry progresses beyond his 7 years at Hogwarts, so I hope she's not just saying it and actually does write more.

kingrattus
08-04-2004, 09:54 PM
NEW BOOK!!!! YAY!!!
now I gotta try to finish reading the last book. I'm over 1/2 way finished & been trying to read it after a month it came out. Just finding to too hard to put down at night & I'm staying up till 4am to read it. SO I said work is more important. But Brian at work is trying to force me into reading it. He's nutz about HP. But refuses to watch the movies.

MariaM
08-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Yes, I heard about it a while ago. I am looking forward to it, but for some reason, I don't like the name. It doesn't seem to flow with the others lol.

Ashley - That SUCKS somebody ruined it for you. My little cousin ruined it for my other cousin lol..it was sort of funny but I would be mad if somebody did that to me.

I doubt she'll write an 8th book...but who knows!:p

AmberLee
08-04-2004, 09:57 PM
??? I just read that she's planning the 8th to be like an encyclopedia of the things she's cut from the other books. *Of course this could just be some PR person's hype... :rolleyes: ) But I am looking forward to it if it happens!

wolfie
08-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
??? I just read that she's planning the 8th to be like an encyclopedia of the things she's cut from the other books. *Of course this could just be some PR person's hype... :rolleyes: ) But I am looking forward to it if it happens!

That'd be really cool! I'd like that. :D

smokey the elder
08-05-2004, 08:27 AM
An outtake book! ;) :D That would be cool. Half blood prince, huh? I think that may be link to Book 4 (Goblet of Fire) where they meet the students from other schools. Who knows? Royalty has not figured prominantly in HP so far.

bluekat
08-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Ya, I heard about that book a long time ago too. And I also heard that JK is pregnant again! lol But she said that it won't delay the book;) I agree with Maria, I don't really like the name of it either.:p

I didn't know that she was planning on writing an 8th book...but I hope she does:D

I'll be so sad when the series are over though..

jenfer
08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
I can't wait for the new book to come out. :D

prechrswife
08-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Has anyone heard about a release date yet?

heinz57_79
08-05-2004, 02:16 PM
I checked amazon for a release date, but it's not up yet... They said the title is released, but not the date.

I can't wait!! :)