PDA

View Full Version : Bella Is Sick!!!!!

Jamieejo85
08-04-2004, 09:40 PM
I think my lil chi pup is sick. we went on monday (2days ago) to get her parvo shot and he gave her some kind of liquid that he put in her mouth...it was yellow. anyway yesterday she threw up and today also and she isn't as playful. I called the vet today and they said that there was really no point in bringing her in because it had nothing to do with her shots. But I remember someone on here posting a message about their pom, saying the vet gave him/her too large of a dose and then it was sick for a few days..someone please help, I'm scared to go to sleep for fear that something could happen to her during the night!! Please answer ASAP!

Jamieejo85
08-04-2004, 09:46 PM
just a lil something to add..she is shaking a lot too. she does this when she is cold but i dont think she can be too cold under two warm blankets...someone please reply!

Toller 42
08-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Did she get into anything? I would take her to the vet even though they said there is no point, they might have given her too much medicine. I don't think that would be the problem though because you said you took her on monday. The yellow stuff was a medicine to prevent worms.

wolfie
08-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Nausea, lethargy, and shaking can all be signs of having a reaction to the shots, but Toller is right, she could have gotten into something too.

Or it could be nothing, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Try calling a different vet if the other won't take you.

I hope she's okay!!!

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:17 PM
It was me. Every single time that my pom Teddy got his shots, he was sooo sick and miserable. All that he wanted to do is lay in a corner. This time around, with my other pom, Sarah, I insisted on half doses and she hasn't gotten sick yet. I hope that she feels better soon.

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:19 PM
p.s. My vet also insisted that the shots don't make that big of a reaction. But I'm positive because it happened after his shots everytime. It makes sense, they're less then five pounds, they should have way less of a dose.

Jamieejo85
08-04-2004, 10:19 PM
so..should she just be resting and eventually she will feel better? thanks..im glad to hear someone has experienced this before..but not glad..if you know what i mean

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Well, I really hope so. But you never know...it can be something else, so I don't want to tell you that it is the shots for sure.