PDA

View Full Version : It's my turn! I'm a Grandma again!!

catcrazylady
08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
I know this isn't cat related and Karen is going to boot us all off if we don't quit this Grandma stuff BUT all my friends are over here!
I didn't mention that this was coming because I didn't want to steal Sirrahbed's thunder! She was a first time Grandma and this is my 6th step grandbaby. I'm still proud and very excited about the precious baby Katie that entered the world at 4:27 this afternoon!!! She is so cute!!!

She weighs 8lbs 4ozs and is 20.5" long. Just to keep this legal...she has 4 furry sisters waiting for her at home along with one skinkid sister who is 4 years old. I will get kitty pictures to go with baby Katie as soon as she goes home. Now on to my new baby!!

Here's Katie!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/p960b058bda29a761bc28b027d21a5aa2/f78f70e0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/pd0be501452059eff22b112f4455fbb45/f78f7070.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/p2a2121bda4fafa343721adb258d2b748/f78f7082.jpg

This is my very favorite picture of Katie and she was about 5 minutes old! Isn't life amazing?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/p0336cf13d194a3388e22079ee7d3a69c/f78f7043.jpg

Ok I'm through showing her off and I will get kitty reactions this weekend. http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Tonya
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Congratulations! She is the best looking kitten that I've ever seen. ;)

kimlovescats
08-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Awww, Lisa... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had no idea ... hey every grandchild is a blessing, whether 1st, 6th, or whatever!!!!:D
She is so precious .... doesn't even look like she cried during her exam!:eek: :D

Please tell her new mom and dad I said "congratulations"!

(((Hugs Grandma)))

Kim:)

catcrazylady
08-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Thank you!
Kim, she didn't cry until they gave her those nasty shots!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

I can't wait for your pictures now!!! Lots of cute and adorable babies coming along.:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Craftlady
08-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Congradulations, she is a cutie :)

trayi52
08-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Congratulations, Lisa! Katie is so beautiful! What a big girl she was. Tell her mom and the proud dad, I said Congratulations to them to! Oh and the same to the proud grandpa too.

Lisa, little ones are such miracles! I know you are very proud of Katie.

Awwww, seeing baby pictures just makes me feel so happy!

Tell Magoo, I still love him too, and give him some more hugs and kisses from me to him!

Willie:D

BitsyNaceyDog
08-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Congratulations!!!
Look at all that hair. What a precious little girl.

heinz57_79
08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Congratulations!!! :) Lots of babies being born around here lately.... and each one of them is special and a blessing! Making my biological clock tick louder than ever... ;) You must be so proud! She's a gorgeous girl! Big congrats to her parents! :D

sirrahbed
08-04-2004, 09:18 PM
awww Lisa - now i am really getting into this Grandma stuff!! Here you have this baby coming any minute and did not say anything because of me?? Silly woman! Maybe we need to start a permanent Grandma thread in General and just gab all we want :D Katie is a cutie alright - her mouth looks just like a lil rosebud!! She is only 1.2 inch longer than Misha but 2 more pounds!! Lil chunker:D Yes those brandnew pictures just make me blubber every single time - I guess just the miracle of life - yep the tears start all over again.

I am also like you and was dying to come HERE because this is where my friends are!! So glad you shared her with us!! She really is beautiful. Oh won't it be fun to see how the kitties react?? Chris said that her three kitties took one look or sniff when Misha cried they ran to hide!!! Cinnamon the dog gave her that "I remember babies" look:D

leslie flenner
08-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Best lookin kitten in the bunch! Congrats to you and the whole family! Raise another cat rescuer quick will ya!? Mebee a year or so!!?? Kidding.. she looks healthy and fine and hope her first physical is ok- hope she is being nursed so she'll be immune to animal allergies!
My best friend's cat followed her baby around everywhere!- when she got to the carriage and we'd take her out for short walks (it was frigid winter) Teri (cat) would follow us at a distance! She always kept a watch out for little Lily!

AmberLee
08-04-2004, 09:43 PM
What a beauty little Katie is. {{{gentle hugs}}} to all the happy family as they rejoice in this miracle.

christa
08-04-2004, 09:50 PM
She already looks like she's gonna be a happy baby . . . so sweet!!! Congrats!!!

rg_girlca
08-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Oh CCL, Katie is precious. She is so bright eyed. Is that her mommy she's looking up at? Oh my, she is so adorable.
Congratulations grandma, grandpa and a big hearty congratulations to the parents.

I just have to say to you CCL, that I thought that was the most unselfish, caring, considerate, loving and all the other sayings that go along with it, thing that you did for Debbie in honoring her as a first time grandma. To put your own happiness aside to put her's first is truly PRICELESS.
You are a true friend.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Wow, all these babies here all of a sudden! I know Cataholic is due in September too, which would make Lilycat a Grandma I think for the first time, and there was one other....but I don't remember her name.

Lisa, Katie is absolutely beautiful! And like Kim said, doesn't matter if it's #1 or #6, they're all little miracles.

{{{hugs}}} to you and grandpaw and congratulations to the new mommy and daddy. :D

PS - I just thought of something....they say things come in threes, and you've now had your three for awhile. Between your Grandma, Magoo and his vet visit and now the new baby,not to mention work and just daily living...whew...I get tired just thinking of how tired you must be! Hopefully life will calm down soon for you and get back to the same old boring routine which is kinda nice sometimes. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2004, 10:47 PM
CONGRATS LISA!!!

Katie is adorable.:D

shais_mom
08-04-2004, 11:39 PM
My gosh!!!
I was looking at your avatar thinking how can she have that many grandkids!!!!!
wowza!!
But congratulations!!!
Take care and looking forward to more pics!

jazzcat
08-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Wow Lisa, you know how to keep mum! Congrats on such a beautiful grandbaby!!! I love those little chubby cheeks.

I made the comment to my Dad today that a friend on the board was a grandmother for the first time and he started in on me for not having children yet. Then when he got to thinking about my age he got even more upset.:( He can't seem to understand that children aren't for me plus I probably couldn't conceive anyway. Just wished I could make him understand. It's so hard to not just say that taking care of him is all I can handle right now anyway but I wouldn't want to make him feel bad.

Sorry to go down the wrong path in your happy post. I really am happy for you and your family. She is beautiful!!!

jenluckenbach
08-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Your new kitten doesn't have very much hair?:confused: :rolleyes:

Sorry, bad joke....... :D

Congratulations on a gorgeous baby girl.

catlover4ever
08-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Lisa, Congratulations!!!! I can not get over how the PT family is expanding in leaps and bounds!!!! Katie is a beautiful blessing!!

prechrswife
08-05-2004, 08:26 AM
She's beautiful! Congratulations!

lizzielou742
08-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh how exciting for you! Katie is a beautiful, healthy looking girl. Congratulations!! :D :D :D

catmandu
08-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Congratulations,on the newset Cat Lover,and she is a Cute Human Kitten!Found cAts Love Her Already!

catcrazylady
08-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks everybody!!! She is a cutie!
Life has been hectic lately and I hope you are right Debbie about it coming in threes and I'm done for a bit. Routine days sound great right now. I'm falling asleep at work!

Lori- I got the best of both worlds. I never gave birth to any of my own children but got three wonderful grown stepkids when I married. I get the blessed joys of being a grandmother and I never had to go through the pain of childbirth or the trials of raising them. I think that makes me pretty lucky because I never would have had any kids on my own. Physically I'm not able and eventually mentally I didn't want to so I got really lucky with a great hubby that came with the ready made family!

Killearn Kitties
08-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Congratulations on your beautiful new grandbaby!! Her photos are just lovely. :)

jazzcat
08-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
[BLori- I got the best of both worlds. I never gave birth to any of my own children but got three wonderful grown stepkids when I married. I get the blessed joys of being a grandmother and I never had to go through the pain of childbirth or the trials of raising them. I think that makes me pretty lucky because I never would have had any kids on my own. Physically I'm not able and eventually mentally I didn't want to so I got really lucky with a great hubby that came with the ready made family! [/B]
You do have the best of both worlds and it's sounds like a great family. :)

Lacey
08-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Awwwww! She is absolutely adorable! Congrats, CCL!

chrangharris
08-07-2004, 10:28 AM
What a cutie! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

QueenScoopalot
08-07-2004, 11:17 AM
She's a beautiful and healthy rosy pink little girl! Boy...now we know how everyone kept warm last winter *grin*! Get to work on your next sewing projest Lisa...a tiny pink kitten suit to put on darling little Katie! :D :D :D

catnapper
08-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Congartulations Grandma!!!! I missed this thread too (darn houseguests keeping me away!) I'm so thrilled for you!

Pam
08-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca

I just have to say to you CCL, that I thought that was the most unselfish, caring, considerate, loving and all the other sayings that go along with it, thing that you did for Debbie in honoring her as a first time grandma. To put your own happiness aside to put her's first is truly PRICELESS.
You are a true friend.

Well said rg_girlca!

SUPER DUPER CONGRATULATIONS ARE COMING YOUR WAY! IT IS JUST WONDERFUL TO SEE SO MANY GRANNIES ON THE BOARD. :) NOW I DON'T FEEL SO LONELY AFTER BECOMING A GRANDMOM ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO. :p WHAT A PRECIOUS LITTLE BUNDLE YOU HAVE TO LOVE!