PDA

View Full Version : I am now Dogless.:(

MariaM
08-04-2004, 07:50 PM
I am now Dogless:( Major is at the vets. It is going to be his first night away from home. He is getting neutered tomorrow (Thursday) morning and then we will pick him up tomorrow evening.

But...he was SO good! I was so surprised! On the way there, he never wined, he just sat on the floor of the truck! Yes...he had his kong toy to distract him...and treats when that ran out, but he was still good! And when we got to the vets, he was great! He didn't cry ONCE like last time...that was bad lol. And he did not try to jump off of the table, like last time. He was so good, I was proud! He didn't seem so fidgety either. (like last time) Just sitting on the counter, panting lol. He was soo happy on the way there, and once we got there lol. He obviously doesn't know whats gonna come...

He weighs a whole 34.8 pounds! He's getting to be big! When we first got him I believe he was 15 pounds...or so. He's more than doubled that! Haha...it's getting a little harder to pick him up, might I add.

KYS
08-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Sending lots and lots of get well wishes that his surgery goes well.

sabies
08-04-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm sure Major's surgery will go well. Good wishes coming your way from me. Wow, Major is almost 35lbs!

bckrazy
08-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Its good youre neutering him early, kudos to you! sounds like he was such a good puppy! I hope he gets lots of treats when he gets home. good luck with the snip Major!

GoldenRetrLuver
08-04-2004, 07:56 PM
He'll be fine, don't worry! I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts. :)

Holly's mom
08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Sending good thoughts and wishes for Major's surgery. Everything will go fine, I'm sure.

dukedogsmom
08-04-2004, 08:20 PM
You sure scared me! Hope Major does well with his surgery and he's home soon. I know you must miss him and vice versa.

robinh
08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Good thoughts headed your way. I know you're worried, but he should be fine. I think we worry more than they do.

He's such a good looking guy - he's really growing nicely.

wolfie
08-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Don't worry, he'll be okay - just a little sore and woozy when you pick him up.

It's great that he was so well behaved though! You trained him well. ^_^ (and he's growing up!)

dappledoxie
08-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Awww best wishes Major!

heinz57_79
08-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Awww... poor Major... He'll be half a man when he comes back... hehee ;) He'll be fine, but I totally know how you must feel without him for a night... I'd be calling the vet every half hour. :D

MariaM
08-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone!!:)I'm really glad we fit it in now...It would be extremely hard to get him in there while school is on.

Yeah...I am worried, but I'm sort of trying not to think about it. Haha..yeah..half man!

Will his personality change alot? I mean, I've read they do change a bit...but I'm not sure how much/in what ways.

Toller 42
08-04-2004, 09:00 PM
i don't think they change alot, I've heard that they are usually less dominant and they don't mark thier territory as often.

cloverfdx
08-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Thoughts on the way for Major, for a quick and easy recovery from the big Snip.

As for personality change i think it depends on the dog, my Elvis has not changed affection, training wise but i have noticed he is SO much better with other dogs now.

Please keep us updated on how things go. :)

Dot
08-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Dear Maria,

If Major's personality does change, it will only be for the better!

Good for you, getting this done now! He will be fine in a few days!

tatsxxx11
08-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Good thoughts and well wishes coming your way, Major:) Hopefully it'll all be over VERY soon! What a brave little guy you are:) Can't wait for the post sir jury update! Sandra, Cody and Star:)

MariaM
08-05-2004, 01:41 PM
They just phoned and said he is doing fine:)

tatsxxx11
08-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Yipeee!:D Bet you can't wait to have your little man home!:)