PDA

View Full Version : Kit Kat Put To Sleep.

RICHARD
08-04-2004, 06:53 PM
'Have a break' takes a permanent break

Kit Kat is reportedly to drop its 'Have a break, have a Kit Kat' advertising slogan after nearly 50 years.

The Daily Star says the catchphrase is to be replaced with 'Make the most of your break' in new ads due to appear on screens in September.

Kit Kat's maker Nestle Rowntree says the old slogan has served its purpose.

A source said: "Marketing managers found that while 90 per cent of the population could recite the slogan, it didn't actually make them purchase a Kit Kat any more."

The old slogan has featured in some of British TV's most memorable adverts, including one featuring Roy Keane taking a break to do embroidery, and another where God and the devil meet up for a break.

The new campaign features three ads, currently being filmed in New Zealand and Australia, including one where a death row prisoner makes the most of his break before execution.

-----------------------------------------------

Now what am I gonna do for chocolate????:(

leslie flenner
08-04-2004, 07:59 PM
I never knew the slogan! I don't memorize those things! ok ok, double the pleasure double the fun double the something with double mint gum! That's (hopefully) it for me!

Tonya
08-04-2004, 08:32 PM
I could care less if they got rid of Kit Kats all together. I love chocolate, but I've always hated Kit Kats for some reason.

moosmom
08-04-2004, 08:56 PM
"Oh, give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!!!" :D:D:D:D

Tonya
08-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Haha, It's been stuck in my head now too. I used to scream that on the top of my lungs when I was a kid.

jazzcat
08-05-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
"Oh, give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!!!" :D:D:D:D
LOL!! You just brought back some memories. My roommate in college use to sing that all the time. She'd drive me crazy! I finally bought her a case of them at Sam's Club and told her to shut up!

Killearn Kitties
08-05-2004, 06:57 AM
NO! 50 years? I think they got their money's worth out of that slogan, and they didn't exactly break the bank coming up with a new one did they? What was their budget? £5?

A death row prisoner enjoying a last break? We don't even have the death penalty in Britain. I don't think these new adverts are going to make me rush out and buy a Kit Kat.

moosmom
08-05-2004, 08:05 AM
I'd rather have a Hershey's Kiss!!

lovemyshiba
08-05-2004, 10:40 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm

I love Kit Kats!!!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-13-2004, 12:34 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!!!!
KIT KATS ARE NOW IN WHITE CHOCOLATE!!!!!
YUMMY! I'M SURE!!! (I LOVE white chocolate)!
Where can I buy a case?:D

RedHedd
08-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Where can I buy a case?:D Ooh! YUMM! I LOVE white chocolate too!

cali
08-13-2004, 02:57 PM
lol I still do the kitkat hand game!

"give a break, give a break, break off a peice of that kitkat bar.
chocolate coating makes my day, everywhere I go I hear the people say.
give me a break, give me a break, break me off a peice of thta, gotta have a peice of thta, break off a peice of that, kitkat bar"

:D

lol kitkat is my second most favorite kind of chocolate bar, but #1 fave is coffee crisp ;)

catnapper
08-13-2004, 08:34 PM
It took a real marketing genius to come up with that new slogan... I'm so impressed with how its such a vast departure from the old slogan!

That slogan was the ONLY reason I ever bought a KitKat. I think they are terrible! blechhh.

MariaM
08-14-2004, 07:11 PM
I could care less what the slogan is, or what the ads are, I LOVE KIT KATS! And...white chocolate??? I LOVE WHITE CHOCOLATE. LOL no, really, I loooooooooooooooooove white chocolate! CHOCOLATE IS GOOD!

jazzcat
08-14-2004, 11:10 PM
They sell the white chocolate Kit Kats by the case at Sam's Club and I drool every time I see them. I think I gain 5 pounds just looking at the case. Maybe I should get some and mail out to you white chocolate fans so I'll have an excuse to buy that case!:D

Uabassoon
08-14-2004, 11:21 PM
I really could care less about the slogan. But I still love kit kat bars, I think they are yummy :)

anna_66
08-15-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Where can I buy a case?:D
Ohhhh aren't those just the best, and the white Reeces...
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!