PDA

View Full Version : Poor girls not allowed to be in the bedroom tonight

Kirsten
08-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Has the look on a cat's face ever broken your heart? It just happened to me, twice - two sad looks in two cat faces! :(

Usually my cats are allowed to be in the bedroom (where also my computer is), but tonight, it's so warm and extremely humid in here that I just have to open the windows wide! I tried to cope with the heat and humidity during the last nights, but it has gotten really bad today (and according to the weather forecast, it will be even worse for the rest of the week) that I just cannot stand it anymore - not even for my beloved girls!

Even with the windows open it will only cool down for 1 or 2 degrees (unless a storm is coming which blows all the bad air out of here), but at least the air will be a bit fresher.

However, no way the cats are allowed to be in a room with open windows, so they have to stay outside the next couple of nights. Poor girls! Luna will probably start scratching the door somewhere during the night, but this is still better than getting panick attacks from the heat and humidity. Guess I've reached a point where I'm becoming selfish... :( :o

Did I ever mention before that the summer isn't my favorite season? ;)

Kirsten

DJFyrewolf36
08-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Awww Lilly and Luna, your meowme is just trying to get fresh air! It's ok, Im sure she doesn't love you any less!!!

Remus was such a butthead when I had to open the windows up to put the AC units in. He kept glaring at me like I invaded his window spot and that I should feel REAL guilty lol. I eventually had to lock him in the bathroom (His throneroom if you ask him) cause he wouldn't stop trying to get on the windowsill (I didn't want him to fall out or anything). Man I got the WORST glare for days afterward!

nibblets
08-04-2004, 04:12 PM
I am not a summer person either... we have very hot humid summers here and I know how miserable they can be without air conditioning. I feel for you.
I am wishing you cool breezes and lower temperatures right away.
Good luck with your girls.

Kirsten
08-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Uh oh... Luna is scratching the door already!!! :eek:

Kirsten

catcrazylady
08-04-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry Kirsten. I know you will feel so bad leaving your girls out of the room tonight. It seems awful but they will be ok. You need to get a little air in your room. It must be awfully hot in Germany this year! I feel sorry for all of you because it is miserable being that hot.

auggie
08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Kirsten, you don’t know what HOT is until you spend a summer here in Texas.
I know you guys don’t have AC, but doesn’t cool off at night?
When I left Germany at the beginning of July it was cold and raining and I didn’t have a jacket with me. My aunt in Frankfurt actually had the heater on.
I looked up the weather back home and it shows a high of 31 C (88 F)
and a low of 17 C (62.6 F). Makes me wish I was back home.
I’m seriously dying here in this horrible heat and hate having to spend most of the summer inside. We are under heat advisory and if you’re outside you wouldn’t be able to breathe.
I hope that you and your kitties are able to stay cool.
Do you have a Fan?

Kirsten
08-05-2004, 03:27 AM
CCL, last year has been worse here, we had a terrible heatwave with temperatures of 105°F and more, and it lasted for weeks! So far, it's only in the 90s here, but it's the humidity I can't stand! :(

Auggie, it's true, at the beginning of July it has been VERY cold and rainy here which is very unsual for that time of the year. There were days when I was also very close to putting the heater on. Now it's 90° and more, and - like mentioned before - humid. It's true, it's cooling off during the night, but once I've got that heat and humidity inside my rooms, it's kind of hard to get rid of it. And I'm not a person that can deal well with heat and sweating. Everything above 70°F makes me feel dizzy and nauseaus. I guess I couldn't live in any of the Southern states of the US! LOL
And no, I don't have a fan. A couple of years ago the draft from a fan caused the worst muscle cramp in my neck and shoulders that I ever had, it's been really bad and now I don't dare to use a fan anymore. :o

Besides, at 1 am last night, after trying for one and a half hour to fall asleep, I gave up, closed the windows and let the girls in. Luna had been scratching the door non-stop, impossible to get any sleep that way.
Instead, I locked them in the kitties' room this morning for half an hour and opened the windows in all the other rooms here as long as the air was still fresh outside...

Kirsten

emily_the_spoiled
08-05-2004, 08:00 AM
I understand your feelings about the heat and humidity (and I live in the DC area so it can get really bad here). But if you have a ceiling light fixture in your bedroom you might want to install a ceiling fan (like in the movie Casablanca). It doesn't generate the kind of coolness a regular fan does (so you won't get the muscle cramps), but it will circulate the air around the room making it more livable and the girls could come back in...

catmandu
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Youre not a Bad Meeowmie,its just that Cats,hate any change,in thier routine,no matterwhat! Maybe you could have a Screen put in?