PDA

View Full Version : Ooops!

Tonya
08-04-2004, 03:46 PM
I had a really stupid close call. My mind is kind of occupied right now because my cat (Raven) is missing.

Well, I just went and got Sarah from outside. I had Sarah in one hand, and the toy in the other. I meant to throw the toy, and then let Sarah down to chase it. Well in midthrow, I realize that I was throwing Sarah, not the toy. It was an underhand throw, and luckily I caught it enough to just barely toss her to the ground. She didn't pay much attention to it, she landed on her legs. But I was thinking "Whew! Good thing I didn't do a far throw!" What an airhead! :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Tonya

... in midthrow,
I realize that I was throwing Sarah,
not the toy.

Hmmmmm... :rolleyes:

DAWG is in THIS hand...

TOY is in THAT hand...

*memo* to self ~

TOSS the ... :confused:

Now... WHAT was I doin ?? ... :confused:

aly
08-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Glad Sarah wasn't hurt.

Tonya
08-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by aly
Glad Sarah wasn't hurt.

Me too! It wound up being kind of a low toss to the ground, from about 3 feet up, but still! I normally set her down gently. I couldn't believe that I was that out of it. Thank God I came to my senses at the last mili-second!

I did something similar with Teddy. When I was potty training him, I had him on a leash on my wrist at all times. I kind of forgot he was there and I was making the bed. I slung the covers up, and that caused his leash to kind of sling him too. He came back growling and snarling. He thought I was ready to play rough. lol.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Poor sarah. I'm glad she wasn't hurt.
This sounds horrible, but I couldn't help it, when I was reading it I burst out laughing. I'm sorry, it's not a funny situation at all, but it is a funny story.

aly
08-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Were you blonde in a previous life? :p :)

heinz57_79
08-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by aly

Nah... she probably just dyed her hair... artificial intelligence! ;) :D

I couldn't help but chuckle myself... poor puppy! LoL Thank goodness she wasn't hurt... :)

wolfie
08-04-2004, 07:48 PM
ahh, I'm sorry! Sounds like something I would do... good thing you didn't go for a long throw!!!

bckrazy
08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
lmao! ;) wow, you should probably get some rest Tonya.. if youre mistaking your poor baby for a toy! yeah, thank god you realized it quick enough

Tonya
08-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Alright, Alright! I admit, I laughed too. (Once I realized that she was ok, of course.)

I can be such an airhead, especially when I am stressed out. Today has been a horrible day for me.

DogLover9501
08-04-2004, 08:13 PM
LOL, I couldn't help but laugh either(at both situations), I think I laughed more at the Teddy story lol

Yes, Tonya, get some rest ;) :p

chrissycat21
08-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by aly

Hey, I'm blonde! (But I could have sworn that was my story, Tonya just changed Snowy's name!)

I'm glad Sarah was ok. I laughed after reading this. It sounds too much like something I would do!

I hope you find Raven soon!

-Chrissy

lovemyshiba
08-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm glad Sarah wasn't hurt, but I did get a chuckle out of the story, and the Teddy one.
:)

cloverfdx
08-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Poor Sarah i am glad she was not hurt.

Im a blonde :(.

My Peanuts
08-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Since Sarah is ok I have to say HA HA HA! My smallest dog is 16 lbs so I never mistake her for a toy :p :D. A really heavy football maybe, but not a toy :D.
I'm sorry, it's just too funny:)