PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Kicks On Thursday 66!!

RICHARD
08-04-2004, 11:40 AM
And the 'car' of the day is....

OOPS! I mean the drink of the day is a.....

Coffee Blazer

1/2 oz. each: Kahlua & Brandy, Coffee & Whipped cream

Combine Liqueurs, add Coffee in mug & top with Whipped cream, Garnish with a Cherry

I'll open up the jar if cherries for Mario.....

DJFyrewolf36
08-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Waaahooo!!! The Blazer is another fav of mine *well anything involving coffee is yummy to me :D*

I'll take one, but it has to be the super mug you get at 7-11,

http://www.7-eleven.com/images/assets/711_xtremegulp_d.jpg

54 oz of coffee goodness!!!
make mine minus the cherry though *Im alergic, bleh* More for Mario

A like sized catnip tea for Remus...he caught the sinus crud going around lately and is feeling under the weather :( poor guy.

So anywhoodliydoodle how is everyone doing today? Work is boring, but hopefully I will get the transfer I interviewed for *a few PT paws and fingers crossed, for me please?* Today is Payday although half my check is spent already on bills :p

*Yawn* Im going to enjoy my coffee, anyone want to play a game of cards? No Mario, I've heard how you play. Play nice or not at all lol!

Cheers to all!

emily_the_spoiled
08-04-2004, 11:55 AM
I am sitting here on a conference call where basically one person has spoken for the past hour. I think I need a double shot of the DOD to get me through the rest of the call ... ;)

catland
08-04-2004, 12:07 PM
the DOTD sounds great barkeep - I'll take one. Just as long as you aren't using that special *civet* coffee.:eek: ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Lunch time here. I sure would like a taco salad with lots of sour cream, a cherry lime ade, and 4 cold catnip teas on ice, please.

Mario, save one of those cherries for me! OOPS, never mind. I didn't realize you had all ready stuffed them in your mouth. What a cherry filled grin you have!:D

RICHARD
08-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Waaahooo!!! The Blazer is another fav of mine *well anything involving coffee is yummy to me :D*

Today is Payday although half my check is spent already on bills :p

*Yawn* Im going to enjoy my coffee, anyone want to play a game of cards? No Mario, I've heard how you play. Play nice or not at all lol!

Cheers to all!

Spend the rest of your check here at the bar;)

A deck of cards, one catnip tea and one Blazer!!!

DONE!!

ETS,

I can feel the wind blowing out here!!
:eek:

I always find that faking a coughing attack usually throws everyone into a tizzy-
or rattling paper!

A double Blazer for you!!!

Catland,

LOLOL,
Easily amused, eh???

No civet coffee here...How do they dispense it anyway???? Pull the poor creature's tail down???
:eek:
DONE!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Mario, save one of those cherries for me! OOPS, never mind. I didn't realize you had all ready stuffed them in your mouth. What a cherry filled grin you have!:D
No, I don't care for any you have stuffed in your diaper either. Just call me hard to please today!:eek: :D

DJFyrewolf36
08-04-2004, 12:38 PM
MMFF Heres a whole jar of cherries just for you, untampered by Mario!

trayi52
08-04-2004, 12:48 PM
That Coffee Blazer sounds perfect!! I'll take one and then I got to go with my daughter.

No she is NOT getting married!! Whoo Hooo!!

Take care of Maro for me and he has some extra diapers in the bathroom. Keep that boy out of trouble. Give him a few beers and some of those cherries and he will stay pretty calm!

Willie:D

wolflady
08-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Serve me up one of them Blazers for me too Richard!! It's just what I need after all my worrying over Marius and his heart murmur. Luckily, I just found out that there's nothing to do at this point since it's so early on. We have to re-check in six months, so hopefully it wont' get worse.

Bring it on! :D

RICHARD
08-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Lunch time here. I sure would like a taco salad with lots of sour cream, a cherry lime ade, and 4 cold catnip teas on ice, please.

A taco salad, lots of SC, cherry limeade and 4 iced CNTs..

DONE!!

Diaper Cherries???:eek:

Tray,

Blazer for you and singlehood for your daughter!!

We'll take care of Mario for you!!!

WL,

Coffee Blazer for you!

A prayer and best wishes for Marius!!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
MMFF Heres a whole jar of cherries just for you, untampered by Mario! WOW! A whole jar? Thanks! Now I have to find a place to hide them from Mario, sticky fingers!:D

DJFyrewolf36
08-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Mario, now I got those ESPECIALLY for MMFF! Keep your paws off, here's a banana to play with!

I found a funny link

http://www.snopes.com/photos/austria.asp

This is to add to Richards post a while back about a little F***king town in Austria....:D

Logan
08-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Karen, that is the best news I have heard all day!!! I'd like to celebrate in honor of you and Marius!!! :) Next round is on me, bartender! Do you have an alternative drink? I am not a coffee fan at all. :D

wolflady
08-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Thank you Logan! You're so sweet! :)
**hugs**

I would also like to order some of those onion rings and chili fries for my mid-afternoon snack! I'm in a mood this afternoon! ;) Luckily, here at PT, fried food doesn't give me the runs! :eek: Ok, that was probably too much info for ya'll! :rolleyes:

LOL

RICHARD
08-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Next round is on me, bartender! Do you have an alternative drink? I am not a coffee fan at all. :D

How's about a slushie???;)
But you promise not to spill on your t-shirt.. ;)

DONE!

WL,

Onion rings and Chili fries....better than constipation...:eek:

DONE!

KYS
08-04-2004, 07:11 PM
RICHARD:Coffee Blazer
1/2 oz. each: Kahlua & Brandy, Coffee & Whipped cream>>>

That sounds simply decadent. I have to try one, maybe
two or three. hehehe.

RICHARD
08-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by KYS
RICHARD:Coffee Blazer
1/2 oz. each: Kahlua & Brandy, Coffee & Whipped cream>>>

That sounds simply decadent. I have to try one, maybe
two or three. hehehe.

That why 'thursdays' exists...

All the decadence that's fit to drink!!

DONE!

wolflady
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

WL,

Onion rings and Chili fries....better than constipation...:eek:

DONE!

Not that you REALLY want to know, but can you believe that I have never experienced this??!! Having IBS is such a pain, and nobody understands (well, except for Kelly) how annoying it is to have the runs all the time. It's a miracle if I have a solid in a WEEK! :eek:

Luckily here at Thursdays, I can eat all the fried food that I want and drink into oblivion and not have any bad repurcussions...let alone gaining pounds!! :eek: LOL :D Actually, who was it that said the more fries you eat, the more pounds you lose??!! LOL ;)

BTW, can I have a side of Ranch to go with those onion rings and fries??

Corinna
08-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Just dropping in for a quick second got people coming shortly. Business confrence ( guess it comes wiith working from home as well as outside ) I'll try to pop in later tonight.
I don't know if i made it public yet but here goes.
I am now offically going to be a grandma to a skin kid. Some time in March. Yes it's the daughter that just got married. I'm not sure about being a grandma yet, guess it will take time to get used to it.

trayi52
08-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Corinna, don't worry, you will love being a grandmother! Please, take my word for it, I have four of them and I love them so much! My oldest one turns 11 the 18th of this month, and two more of them also have birthdays this month, they both will be 10 on the 8th and the 21st.

Full month of birthdays! My youngest granddaughter turns nine in January.

Did you hear? Lindsey has decided to call her marriage off for good!! She broke up with him completely. Yippee! I am so happy! Well I want her to be the one that is happy, LOL!

I think a nice cold beer sound really good right now, and one for Mario.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2004, 10:20 PM
You know, I really love this place!

It's really like a real bar - kinda like Cheers or something. Everyone pops in when they can, unloads some of their problems or bad news, celebrates some of their successes or good news, or just stops in for some chili fries....and feels free to explain in detail about just about anything they darn well please - and we are all just happy to sit with whoever has news and be sad for them, happy for them or just listen to them. We offer shoulders to cry on and hugs and tears of happiness. And to top it all off, we don't ever forget Mario and the silliness that is like the cherry on top of the coffee. It's not really necessary, we'd still keep coming back, but it makes it oh so much more fun when it's there.

Ok ok, enough being sappy, how about a nice big *strong* green slushie for me before I head to bed. It's been a long day and I'm tired....probably the reason for the sappiness. :rolleyes:

Tray, I so happy your daughter officially broke up with him. Just from what you've been telling us, she'll be so much better off without him in her life, and hopefully she will continue to see that and not get back together again.

Corinna - congratulations on your new Grandma status!!! If you've check the cat side lately, you'll have noticed that sirrahbed just became Grandma for the first time, and KimLovesCats is going to be Grandma for the first time in October(?). So you're in good company. :)

Richard, I can tell already I'm going to be needing one of those DOTD's in the morning, so please have the coffee going bright and early!

Oops, forgot to say, Karen, I'm so happy to hear Marius is going to be ok and as of now it's nothing serious, and you don't even have to worry about pilling him for now! That's something to celebrate in itself. ;)

Ok, ok, I'm off to bed now, but I'm feeling sappy again, so hows about a big {{{{group hug}}}} to send me off. Thanks everybody, I needed that. <insert smiley for warm glowy feeling>

wolflady
08-04-2004, 10:56 PM
LOL Debbie, it is sorta like Cheers! ;) You'll have to definitely make it to the BBQ next year! you would have a blast, I'm sure!

Corinna, congrats on your grandma status. You'll love it! I know my parents felt a little funny about being called "grandparents" when my sister had her baby, but they've taken to it quite well! ;)

Wow Tray, sounds like a fun full month of birthdays coming up for you! ;) it's good to spoil em then send them home! ;) LOL

Cheers everyone, and Richard, have that coffee ready first thing tomorrow morning....

Night all!

Corinna
08-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Thanks every one ,I just am concerned about health issuses that I tried to tell them about but . Kids they don't listen. Diabetes is VERY strong in my hubby and my families. One of my 2 will get it and there is a 1in six chance of any children born to my kids will be born with it.
All 4 grandparents are diabetic 3 on insulin my dad and I are on oral meds for now. My paternal grandma was also.
Then there is the $$$ issuse they are broke and on food stamps now! They (I think) think I am going to be a babysitting grandma while they work (sorry not happening) I raised mine its time for me to have a life.
I am one of those people who is not baby crazed. I love mine to death but mine not every body elses.I also like them best after the age of 2.
I asked the kids to have a DNA work up done first but no they had to go ahead and stop any birth control 6 months ago.
I guess I just pray alot and be supportive .

lbaker
08-05-2004, 07:11 AM
Sorry I was late yesterday but I'll start a fresh pot of STRONG coffee and go milk the cow for some fresh cream. What? You didn't know we have a cow out in the back? Who did you think was making those mooing sounds all this time? Richard?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Well, here I am, back at work - ugh! I'm trying to be positive here, but I really hope my boss stays out of the office today. I literally have nothing to do today - work wise, and it's just getting harder and harder to keep myself busy while he's in the office. I would really like to get some school work done, but I can't do that while he's here, so I just sit and waste time - which is such a waste when I have so much to do that doesn't inolve work. Maybe I should just call in sick or something - but I hate to do that....

Anway, Good Morning everyone! It's Thursday and I'll take some of that good STRONG coffee that Laurie's got going. <yells out back door> Hey Laurie, how's the milking going, got any fresh cream yet? Oh, oh, looks like I better go get the first aid kit....;)

Killearn Kitties
08-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Do you tink I could have one of those coffees please? They sound great!

Bit of a stressful start to the day. Daisy and Jessica both had their annual "service" at the vet. Everything went OK though. Daisy was her usual scaredy self and cuddled into me the whole time, while the vet was prodding at her and giving her injections. I know I shouldn't because she is unhappy, but I just love it when Daisy cuddles in to me. :D

Jessica was extremely good; she didn't bite the vet once! - and she hasn't escaped off the table and run round the surgery in years! She confined herself to the odd hiss and growl. I was very proud of her. So a good visit all in all. Samantha and my mum's cat, Smokey, will go on Saturday.

I'm still very very VERY jealous of not being at Gini's barbeque, so that Coffee Blazer can't come fast enough to make up for it.

trayi52
08-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Good Morning! I hope everybody has a good day, and if you are not having a good day, I do hope it gets better!

Debbie, what are you talking about with Laurie and milking!? Laurie, do you have cows now? LOL, I think I missed something somewhere along the way, but then I am kind of slow! Sorry about that.

Killearn Kitties, I am so glad everthing went well at the vets for Daisy and Jessica.

I want one of those Coffee drinks too, see how slow I am, done forgot the name of it! :D

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Speaking of coffee drinks, the new Moo Lattes at Dairy Queen are wonderful! I always get the mocha one.
Was Laurie trying to milk a bull :eek: No wonder she needs first aid.
Hope everyone is doing well today. I'm at work and it's freezing in here. But, better that than being outside in this horribly humid weather.

catland
08-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Good morning everyone. I'd love a DOTD to start the morning.

Moooove over lb, I'll get some cream for that coffee.:rolleyes:

(I'm having a dilbert moment here at work - long story:eek: )

RICHARD
08-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by wolflady

BTW, can I have a side of Ranch to go with those onion rings and fries??

Doncha love cyberfood???

Ranch dressing?
DONE!

Corrina,

Spoil the rod, spare the child????;)

Congratulations!!

Tray,
Two cold beers!!
DONE!

T&P
And thanks for playing nurse to this group..
Blazer for you!!

DONE!

WL,

Blazer? DONE!!

Laurie,

Watch out for the cow!!!!

thanks for being so brave....cows and gravity have killed people before;)

KK,

A blazer for you!!!! And save your pennies..Southern California would welcome you with open arms...and thank goodness you had a noneventful visit to the docs..DONE!!!

Tray....
lol,
I am getting behind again. A coffee blazer for you.
DONE.

Here's MY boss story!

He has worked a total of 7 days in July and has not made an appearance in August. In the 4+ months he has worked here
he has missed 6 and a half weeks due to some illness or back problem....

His mom works for the regional bigwigs so it's quite alright he take so much time off.....

:rolleyes: :mad:

gini
08-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Well shucks, this place gets more "country" by the minute.

Oh, for heaven's sake, someone go out and show Laurie how to milk a cow! No, Mario, thanks for the offer, but I don't want any of your cherries.(oh, yuck)

DDM, your Moo Latte sounds a lot better than the crappochino that is showing up in another one of Richard's threads.

Willie, somehow, I am glad your daughter has decided to not marry her boyfriend. I didn't like the sounds of their constant arguing. Maybe now she can find someone who is fun, accepts her and loves her the way she is!

A Coffee Blazer, heavy on the whipped cream would be perfect for my morning break.

There was only one person who didn't return to the BBQ this year because she had a committment for a fund raiser for animals.

But we enticed three more and hopefully next year we can entice a lot more. (are you reading this KK?) I never realized that I would have to set aside money to buy so many Depends!!

But back to Thursdays - it is a place where you meet your FRIENDS!

lbaker
08-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Deep Cow Thoughts: If you tell a cow a joke, and she finds it funny... Will milk come out her nose :confused:

robinh
08-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Wow, after that one I definitely need a Blazer (heavy on the blaze). Hope everyone's day is going better than mine. Glad tomorrow is Friday.

What's everyone doing this weekend? I'm helping to transport a GSD to her forever home and LAUNDRY (lots and lots of it). Gonna try and sneak in at the dog park I joined last night. Thought Carly might enjoy a couple of hours out.

wolflady
08-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Deep Cow Thoughts: If you tell a cow a joke, and she finds it funny... Will milk come out her nose :confused:

LOL Good question! ;)

Gosh, it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work this morning (a total of 40 miles!) *sigh* Not a very good start to the day.

Bring me on a double coffee blazer, Richard! I need it this morning! :rolleyes:
Did catland mention a Dilbert moment? Please, do share...I just find moments like these so very amusing...it's so scary how realistic Dilbert can be sometimes! :eek: LOL ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Here's MY boss story!

He has worked a total of 7 days in July and has not made an appearance in August. In the 4+ months he has worked here
he has missed 6 and a half weeks due to some illness or back problem....

His mom works for the regional bigwigs so it's quite alright he take so much time off.....

:rolleyes: :mad:
I would have loved a boss who was gone all the time. Mine started out as a lowly data intry person like me. But kissed her way up. When she didn't know something, she would ask me or one of the others, then run to our boss like it was her figuring it out all by her self. Of course, she got promoted and promoted and eventually became my boss while we were still minimum wage peons. By then, I wised up and wouldn't give her the answers but the others would.
Gosh, I'm glad I don't work any more. I'll take physical pain over that mental crap any time!

How bout a big cherry root beer?
Any word on how David faired with his operation?

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Hair cut at 8am, nails done at 10 and meeting FoxGal at the mall at around 1230 for Bourbon chicken and maybe a little shopping. Going to be a full day.
robinh: I envy you and your rescue ride. That's what I call them. For a while, I was transporting dogs to foster homes but now that county is using animals from their area so they no longer need me doing it. I really miss it. Wish I could foster. I've got laundry that needs doing also. And a very dirty Duke that needs a bath. Good thing I've got 3 days off.

RICHARD
08-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by gini
Well shucks, this place gets more "country" by the minute.

A Coffee Blazer, heavy on the whipped cream would be perfect for my morning break.

She's been playing that room on the strip for ten years in Vegas
Every night she looks in the mirror but she only ages
She's been readin' 'bout Nashville and all the records that everybody's buying
Says "I'm a simple girl myself, grew up on Long Island"
so she packs her bags to try her hand
Says this might be my last chance

She's gone country, look at them boots
She's gone country, back to her roots
She's gone country, a new kind of suit
She's gone counrty, here she comes

-----------------------------------------

Blazer for the Ginster!!!

Done!

Laurie,
Do brown cows give chocolate milk?

Robin,

Heavy Blaze!!

Have fun at the dog park.

DONE!

WL,

You mean they have traffic outside of Lost Angeles????

Double blazer, DONE!

MOFF,
My boss is an Exit for Waste Materials....
He's always bragging about earning more money somewhere else....

"Then why are you here?" Dying to ask him that question.

Cherry Root Beer!
DONE!!

DDM,

Are you the one that bought the F-350??
I got to drive one on my vacation (rental) and it was fun to raise hell in it....Nice because someone else was paying for my lead foot!

;) ;)

zippy-kat
08-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Popping in to say, "hi!" I'm alone at work today and this morning was stressful in the paperwork sense of the word. This afternoon should be nice and quiet though. Anyone wanna call the 800# and chit chat? haha

I need something that oozes caffeine, as I'm about zzzz......
Oh! And to whomever is fixin' (as the Cali ppl know, I'm useless in the kitchen :o ), can I also have a small piece of raw hamburger for Matilda, cilantro for Piper, and a small piece of ham for Kissiekat? And please throw in a banana for my brave bunster boy who had a scary day at the vet yesterday! Thanks!!:)

slick
08-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi folks, just stopping by for a moment. Had some bad news yesterday so don't feel much like partying. I'd like to propose a toast:

Firstly to David. I pray that the sir jury went well and he will be back soon.

Secondly to Laurie who is celebrating a purrrffffday on Saturday. Happy day to my fellow Leo and friend.

Let's raise a glass to you both. Make mine water please. Thanks.

Nice to see all of you. Enjoy your time here. :) Bye for now.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Here, I brought some store bought creams since it's taking Laurie forever to get the real stuff....I can understand though because she's doing the cousin Itt thing so no one recognizes that it's her doing the milking, so between that and getting that durned cow tail in her eyes....sorry Laurie, the first aid kit doesn't have anymore Visine in it....

Anyway, I'm happy to report that the boss hasn't been in yet - yippeee!!!! I do expect him this afternoon, but at least I was able to get an entire Lab done for school this morning. Now I guess I gotta pretend to work again for awhile. :rolleyes:

DDM, wow, what a stressful day you're having - hair done, nails done and lunch - sounds like my kind of day! :D

Richard, I want to know how I can get a job like your boss has. Is it a pre-requisite to have family in high places? If so, I'm otta luck. ;) :( :D

Enough coffee for me, I'm up for a...hmmm...should I have a red or a green slushie today?

Anybody seen Slick? Is she back to work yet or is that next week? If she's back to work, I don't envy her one bit. I've got a hard enough time coming back after two days off, much less a whole month off, much less a whole month off with a trip to CA thrown in for good measure!

Slick, you snot! You responded as I was typing! Sorry to hear about your bad news. Please don't feel like you have to keep it from us - we want to help you share the burden.

gini
08-05-2004, 01:48 PM
LAURIE'S BIRTHDAY IS ON SATURDAY????

WELL, NOW THAT CALLS FOR SOME SHENANIGANS!!!:D :D

lbaker
08-05-2004, 01:54 PM
uh oh *slips out barn door, trips over milk bucket* Squish... looks down... ewwwwww! Durn cow :mad:

gini
08-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Hmm, Laurie, did someone give you some perfume for your birthday?

It has that pungent, down-home fragrance.

And why are you telling this cow all of these jokes? Look at that cow, just rolling its big eyes at you!

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Today, I'm working unfortunately. Saturday is the fun stuff.
Richard: I got the F350. I'm surely realising how much good mileage my Ranger did! But, I don't miss it. I LOVE Hank McTruck!
Slick: Sorry you had bad news
Laurie: Happy early birthday!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Oh, Oh! Mario has his cowboy hat on and his leather chaps and is heading toward the cow! Somebody stop him!!!!!:eek:

pst... Mario, that is a COW not a BULL!!! :D

dukedogsmom
08-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Mario! Do you want me to bring Flair so you can have something to ride? He hasn't been ridden in ages so you might get an adventure anyway.
2 1/2 more hours and I'm finally free from work. Everyone must be getting busy........

Killearn Kitties
08-05-2004, 03:58 PM
[B]But we enticed three more and hopefully next year we can entice a lot more. (are you reading this KK?) I never realized that I would have to set aside money to buy so many Depends!!
I'm reading it, I'm reading it! I hear you both. You're very kind. How about another one of those coffees while I contemplate flight prices?

I think we're still waiting for this Dilbert story!

Hope you're OK Slick.

RICHARD
08-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

I need something that oozes caffeine, as I'm about zzzz......
Oh! And to whomever is fixin' (as the Cali ppl know, I'm useless in the kitchen :o ), can I also have a small piece of raw hamburger for Matilda, cilantro for Piper, and a small piece of ham for Kissiekat? And please throw in a banana for my brave bunster boy who had a scary day at the vet yesterday! Thanks!!:)

A BLAZE for you,
raw hambuger, cilantro, ham and a nanner for the bunny..
Done!!

Slick,
Water for you
A toast.....

Hope all is well..
DONE!

T&P,

The job is cool, the moron working it isn't.....family? no it's not a prereq.

Don't worry laurie, I'll mop later on..

DDM,

I loved the 350 because I could stick my legs out the window while I rode shotgun!!

MOFF,
I think we all worry about Mario being Mario....
It's probably the cowboy movies he's been watching!!;)

KK,

Just think, our first European So Cal BBQ guest-
We'lll get you a crown and a sash....you have 11.5 months to
make up you mind....not that we are pressuring you!!:D
A blazer..DONE!

Corinna
08-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Who stepped in The........ OMG I'm glad cows can't fly. Man I thought Marios diapers in the L&F were bad.
I 'll take my usual diet lime please. Someone had better take those cap guns away from Mario. Mario don't you know we check arms at the door.
Merlin got a neat new toy and Bandana from Nebo yesterday so after his Bath at the dog wash today he got to wear it as we went shopping. He thinks hes just so cool.
Sorry to hear about lousy days at work , I have today and tommorrow off yaaaaa!!!!.

wolflady
08-05-2004, 06:51 PM
LAURIE'S BIRTHDAY IS ON SATURDAY????

WELL, NOW THAT CALLS FOR SOME SHENANIGANS!!!:D :D

I second that!! Happy Burstday coming up Laurie!! Just be sure to leave the "eu de manure" at home when you come to the party! :eek: LOL LOL ;)

How about an early burstday round for Laurie?? psss...and some cherries for Mario of course...

davidpizzica
08-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh, Oh! Mario has his cowboy hat on and his leather chaps and is heading toward the cow! Somebody stop him!!!!!:eek:

pst... Mario, that is a COW not a BULL!!! :D Guess what? MY surgery was posponed until the 18th! I had a very low potassium level and they didn't want to operate!! I did spend two days in the hospital getting pumped up with 14 units of potassium, the nurse said that it was the most ever given to a patient!!!

gini
08-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Give David a HUGE Banana Daiquiri right now!!!

David, I saw your other thread...........hang on......we are all here behind you and will see you through the next two weeks until the re-scheduled surgery!

Now get to work on those bananas in that drink:D :D

Miss Meow
08-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Is the bar still open?

I hate being late for a party! :D

I see a jug of half-empty slushies, some banana peels :confused: , Mario in his cowboy hat and not much else :eek:. Better start cleaning in preparation for lbaker's special day!

Happy birthday, Laurie! :D

Killearn Kitties
08-06-2004, 03:23 AM
I'll help you clear up Miss Meow. I'll float through my morning's work dreaming of my crown and sash ...

Miss Meow
08-06-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
I'll help you clear up Miss Meow. I'll float through my morning's work dreaming of my crown and sash ...

Excellent! Many hands make light work (and can open a bottle of champagne while we're scrubbing ;))

Killearn Kitties
08-06-2004, 03:53 AM
Oh how lovely! A glass of champagne! An excellent morning pick-me-up.

lynnestankard
08-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Oh how lovely! A glass of champagne! An excellent morning pick-me-up.

I'll second that KK - then probably third and forth too!! I think Marks and Sparks do a good range of off the peg sashes. D'you fancy a nice blue one? Very regal!! :D

What is that **smell**?? Laurie did what?!! OH good grief - it must be pre-birthday nerves!!!

Hi all - missed two weeks, so I'm in need of friendly faces and lots of drink and food!!!

I reckon David needs another Banana Daiquiri - one's never enough!

Gini - was the BBQ good? Where's the report - I can't find it!!!
I've only been online about 2 hours!

I'm really sorry that so many of you are having boss trouble - do what I did - retire! Seriously, I do understand how it can affect your health having a rotten boss. Let's all have another drink!

Errrrrr...................... what is Mario trying to do with that cow?

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
08-06-2004, 06:14 AM
An off the peg sash from M&S? Can't say I've ever spotted them! I remember them doing tiaras though.

The report of the barbeque is carried on in the same thread in "Meetings" that it was always in. It's practically 50 pages long and just designed to make us all GREEN! I have a friend who has been talking about buying a house in California for about 25 years. I think I'll have to start giving him a bit of encouragement.

Mario! I didn't realise you were still here. Don't you ever sleep?

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Good morning all! I think I'll have some of that champagne with some orange juice. That ought to liven up work a little. Mario riding that cow was so funny! I'll really have to bring the horse for him next time. Riding cows just isn't quite as fun, although it is a lot more adventurous.

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Wow, I certainly killed this thread :eek:

lbaker
08-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey now, don't be silly... West Coasters are probably still asleep and just about everyone takes a little time to get oriented on Friday's after such a goofy Thursday visit like yesterday. I was busy sqooozing oranges for the Mimosa's, would you like a glass of juz by itself? Freshly sqoozed? Of course being from the Sunshine State, fresh OJ is probably no big deal but I find it like a drink from the Sun itself ;) :cool:

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I always love orange juice. Actually, we get it in the store like everyone. Now there is a place to go and get it fresh and boy is it good! I buy Florida's Natural. That's my very favorite. I forget a lot of people are on the west coast. It's 1141 here and I've been here since 645. Still got 2 hours until lunch and am getting hungry already.

catland
08-06-2004, 10:43 AM
yawn - oh - good morning - today I'm actually, as Slick would say, a wet coaster. Its raining here for the first time in two months - of course, this is the day of the cheesy company picnic. I tossed some parkas and extra umbrellas in my car. :rolleyes: Tomorrow is supposed to be nice again and Sunday is supposed to be down right hot.

Mario - can you come to the company picnic with me? You would be much more entertaining.:) lb - a mimosa sounds great. Real OJ doesn't seem to agree with me as much anymore but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some cyber OJ:D

lbaker
08-06-2004, 10:53 AM
As Big Daddy would say
DONE
Hey DDMom, we have some Eastern Shore sweet corn just coming into town. Would you like me to whip up some fresh corn fritters for lunch? I'm getting hungry too. With or without maple syrup, corn fritters are sooooo yummy when fresh corn is used. mmmmm, good in cyber but even better for real. I know what I'M fixing for breakfast tomorrow :p

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 11:08 AM
How did you know I loved those corn fritters?? I have never had some home made before. I'll bet they're even better. Didn't even know they existed until a few years ago. Someone at work was eating them and I asked what they were. I tried them and have been hooked ever since. They are so tasty.

lbaker
08-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Hooo boy, we better bring a bushel inside to shuck. When the others smell these fritters EVERYONE is going to want some! Mario's going to end up with corn silk everywhere I bet. He's going to look funny as a blonde :p

davidpizzica
08-06-2004, 11:14 AM
After my scary last two days, I can use a few of those banana drinks! I'm still shaking (geesh!)

lbaker
08-06-2004, 11:21 AM
DDMom and Catland, why don't you two hold David's hands while I get his banana drink and start the corn shucking. Easy does it David, a delay in your operation is just another bump in the road at this point. It will be OK... that's a PetTalk promise :)

gini
08-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Whoa.........she skids into the bar sideways

What is that on the floor?

If it wasn't for the odor of corn fritters frying I could swear I can smell......................(nah, it couldn't be)

I am going to whip up a cake for Laurie's birthday. Anyone want to help decorate it?

Fresh sqoozed oj and champagne? Now you are talking.

DDM - yeah, sometimes us left coasters get into the bar kinda late.........but we do stay later to clean up too.

Let's turn on some music.........something Laurie would like!

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Save the corn shucks, too. The horses just love them! Flair doesn't but all the other horses do. They're a real treat and from what I hear, we'll have plenty. I can load up my truck with them. What does everyone want to drink besides banana drinks? I see Richard is lurking in the dog house but hasn't made an appearance here yet.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by david p
After my scary last two days, I can use a few of those banana drinks! I'm still shaking (geesh!) WOW! That was fast!

David have they let you up and out all ready?
Good to see you back on PT!!!:D

zippy-kat
08-06-2004, 01:19 PM
What is a corn fritter? :o

zippy-kat
08-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Excellent! Many hands make light work ...

Unless they're making lemonaide at Gini's! ;)

I'll help decorate the place - I'm useless in the kitchen. :D

gini
08-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Tonya, you make a batter using fresh corn, flour, baking soda and seasonings and you fry it like a pancake.

When done, you put powdered sugar (if desired) and also maple syrup on it and they are sooooo delicious!

Maybe we should have a "cook-off" next year during the BBQ weekend.

Don't worry, we won't make you cook..........just eat!:D

zippy-kat
08-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Don't worry, we won't make you cook..........just eat!:D

Hey! I can make a mean slice 'n bake cookie! ;) :D

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey, those PIllsbury chocolate chip cookies are the best! I don't care if they're not home made. Where's that cow? Got to have a big glass of milk with them. Mario, have you seen the cow?

snappy
08-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Good day to you all! I just thought I would stop in for a moment or two for a lovely Champagne and OJ.......I love the Champagne - but hate the day after so Cyber is where it is at. ;)

Work is awful - so I needed some distraction on the QT.....don't think I can stay long however.

I would also like to try some of those corn fritters and cookies.....

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 02:57 PM
It's been very slow in here today. The fritters are cooling on plates now. They are delicious. Cookies are still in the oven, however.

snappy
08-06-2004, 03:02 PM
That is OK - Fritters first then cookies for desert. And I will share a cookie with Mario - if he won't smash it on the floor!!!

Guess everyone is on the downward slide for the weekend. :D

I know I am:D :D :D :D

slick
08-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone: only stopping for a minute. Work is really busy here. Oh well, it takes my mind off things.

Any chance I could get a mimosa and some fritters to go? Thanks.

Gini: got a nice email from Pam today. Thanks for passing on my addy. I'll respond to her when I get back home tonight. :)

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 03:06 PM
I guess I'll play Richard until or if he gets here. I 've seen him in other areas...........Hopefully I won't get busy. Is anyone willing to milk that cow? How about if we teach Mario to do i? Cookies are almost done. Cold Mimosa coming to you. I sure could use another one.

snappy
08-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Time is almost up for me here at work and the boss is gone on Monday :D

Everyone have a wonderful and safe weekend. For the mid-west and maybe eastern US - I believe it will be a wonderful cool August - take those puppies for a walk, enjoy a park, enjoy each other.......

OK I am getting too sappy here....guess I shouldn't have had that cyber Mimosa!

:)

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
I hope you have better weather than we do because it's one big sauna here! Have a great weekend.

davidpizzica
08-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
It's been very slow in here today. The fritters are cooling on plates now. They are delicious. Cookies are still in the oven, however. Those fritters look and smell good(cyber) Dukedogsmom, could I have a couple??

gini
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Look everyone, Mario is selling rides on that cow! Poor thing.....and it needs to be milked for sure!

Fritters, Mimosas and good friends.........can't beat that combination!

Have a great weekend everyone!

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Sure! Cookies are done also. And, I'm making something I mentioned in the weird food thread. Boiled ribs with sauer kraut and garlic juice. Don't say yuck until you've tried it. It's so delicious. I learned of that in Texas. But, after you've eaten it, nobody light a match :eek:

davidpizzica
08-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Look everyone, Mario is selling rides on that cow! Poor thing.....and it needs to be milked for sure!

Fritters, Mimosas and good friends.........can't beat that combination!

Have a great weekend everyone! Gini, I leave for two days of teasing nurses and look what I see when I come back! Mario working that poor cow to where she can't stand up. That young monkey needs his bottom warmed for sure! Mimosa and fritters for me!

lbaker
08-06-2004, 05:03 PM
A little side bar here.. we were told we could leave work early today by the Big Boss - it's beautiful, Friday, payday and August. Sooo.. I call home to tell my son (who had just returned from his job) that I'm leaving early but just might be a bit later than my usual commute. We have a Dept store (Hecht Co) right down the street so I said "Commute may take a bit longer, I think I'll stop at Hecht's on my way home". Son says "You're gonna stop for sex on the way home :eek: " and then he yells "HEY Jenny, Ma's gonna stop for sex on the way home!" I hear "WOO HOO" in the back ground...:eek: Do I have some crazy kids or WHAT:eek: Then he says "your birthday isn't until tomorrow ma, but what the hey..." Silly nasty kids:o

Corinna
08-06-2004, 05:04 PM
I know about wet BBQ it happened at our picnic this week too. I hope not tommorrow as its hubbys company picnic too.
So glad you sound better David today , your potassum levels must be getting back to normal . I have several funny cards for you . I can't wait to hear your response when you get them . Not going to mail them until the 18th.so they will be there when you have your surgery.

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Linda, that is so funny! My mom was looking at a magazine the other night(not that kind) Something like Harriet Carter or something similar. I told her that dad had laid out a page and there was a book he wanted her to order. It was titled "How to Make Love and Dinner at the Same Time" They got a kick out of that. Mind you, they're both in their 70's. I just couldn't resist.

gini
08-06-2004, 05:39 PM
DDM - you are cut off! No more mimosas for you! Her name is Laurie:D :D But I know she will answer to most names anyway.............:D :D

slick
08-06-2004, 05:42 PM
But I know she will answer to most names anyway.............:D :D
Be good Slick, be good......:D :D

lbaker
08-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner :D

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 08:52 PM
OOOPS!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that! I was so busy at work. I just now saw hiccup this. Yep, drinking and work don't mix :p