PDA

View Full Version : My childhood kitty...

Glacier
08-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Well, I guess I was actually a teenager when Mystic arrived. My sister was 14 when she found him at a community picnic. We asked around at the picnic if anyone owned him. No one claimed him, but one of the men there said he'd "take care of it"--which did not mean give him a good home! My sis "borrowed" my mom's car and drove the kitten home. He has lived with us every since. Now he lives with my sister and her three kids. He's 16 now--a remarkable accomplishment considering he's an outdoor cat who has moved repeatedly. She tried to make him an indoor kitty--he won't use a litter box. He actually holds his urine for so long that he blocks. He spends most of his time inside now, but still won't use a box.

I got to visit him last week. The couch was actually a gift for my little niece, but Mystic thought it was a good kitty bed!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats/mystic1.jpg

captain
08-04-2004, 01:47 AM
What a great pic!
AND
What a great thing you did ......... all those years ago! :D

jenluckenbach
08-04-2004, 06:49 AM
Hello Mystic. Looks and sounds like you've got the good life :D

sirrahbed
08-04-2004, 08:35 AM
THAT is a wonderful story to read this morning. Thank you for sharing it Glacier!! So sweet. Mystic is beautiful and looks so happy!

catmandu
08-04-2004, 08:53 AM
There used to be a commercial,the Tag Line,being The Friendship Never Goes Away! And it is still a Fitting One,as I still remember the Cats,of my youth!