PDA

View Full Version : My mom (You'll like this, Miss Meow)

Tonya
08-03-2004, 11:16 PM
My mom has a game room with a pool table. Well, last year, this dentist office was remodeling and my mom "scored" a "bar" from them. They were throwing it out and my mom took it out of the dumpster. This "bar" is PINK LAMINATE tall counters. They're meant to be installed into the ground or something so they tip over really easily in my mom's room...You have to be careful when you set your drink on them. They are hideous and obviously not meant to be a "bar". It's huge and wraps around in an "L" shape all the way around the room.

Anyways, our new house has a game room and we're getting a pool table. We intend on splurging, getting a nice custom table and custom made bar and whatnot....Well, my mom called me with great news that she actually has two "bars" and we can have one. I politely told my mom thanks but I already have what I want in mind. She is soooo mad at me. She thinks I am such an ungreatful brat for not accepting her PINK LAMINATE DENTIST OFFICE COUNTER as a housewarming gift. She isn't speaking to me. lol.

Oh, forgot a part...I was trying to nicely let her down so I said "Oh, mom, we already ordered a mahogany pool table and we really want our bar to match." She responded in an angry tone "Well, the $.99 cent store has contact paper right now that is mahogany. You can redo it. The contact paper looks just like mahongany wood, you can't even tell the difference." lmao.

captain
08-04-2004, 01:57 AM
Tell her to ship it to Miss Meow ............. she won' cover it in FAKE laminate paper! :D

Too funny, Tonya ......... :D

Killearn Kitties
08-04-2004, 08:31 AM
:D I think you should take it, just so you can get a photograph of it for us. You can send it on to Miss Meow later.

Even better, perhaps your mum would take Miss Meow's kitchen when the time comes to change it! :D

Miss Meow
08-06-2004, 02:38 AM
Oh, Tonya, I wish we had room for a pink bar! That would really accentuate the pink radiating from the kitchen! ;)

We bought a dishwasher when we moved back from Sydney as we got a good deal but never installed it. Well, we did the other day, and stainless steel looks really, really weird next to the pink cupboards!

lynnestankard
08-06-2004, 04:38 AM
LMAO!! :D :D :D

I was going to suggest that you tell your Mum of a friend in Oz who'd die for a PINK bar Tonya - it'll only cost her the shipping charge to get rid of it!!! :D :D :D

I know you're secretly in love with the idea of a PINK bar Nicole - it would follow the pink theme from the kitchen through the house eh? :D :D :eek: :eek:

Lynne