PDA

View Full Version : It never ends..... desperate pregnant cat has moved in with us....

kimlovescats
08-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Yep ... my daughter's best friend called this morning. Seems a guy friend of hers was heading to the pound with this very pregnant femal cat!:rolleyes: :mad: Of course, I had no choice ... and here she is!:rolleyes: ;)

Isn't she beautiful? Look at those eyes, and ummm those EARS!!!:eek: Her poor belly is about to POP! Could be anytime I'm guessing. Wish us luck!

Kim

http://www.catmommy.com/~photos/tn/7334_348.ts1091591258953.jpg

http://www.catmommy.com/~photos/tn/7335_348.ts1091591300968.jpg

http://www.catmommy.com/~photos/tn/7332_348.ts1091591165312.jpg

Tonya
08-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh, what a cutie! And those ears! I love em! And of course, I am partial to black and whites. :D Thank you for taking that kitty in. I am looking forward to seeing kitten pics.

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Oh Kim you are such a wonderful person. You never cease to amaze me with your generousity.

She is very pretty and such adorable ears. She does look like she might pop. Best of luck to everyone!

catcrazylady
08-03-2004, 11:05 PM
OMG!! Her belly is as big as her ears!!! She looks so young. Poor baby. She is beautiful and I hope all goes well with her delivery.
I know I don't have to tell you to keep us posted! What is her name?
She really is very cute!

sirrahbed
08-03-2004, 11:05 PM
oh MY!!! She is a gorgeous one Kim. She looks exotic - maybe some meezer?? A real beauty whatever she is. But woman - are you a soft touch or WHAT????? Is there a sign on your front door or do you just have it tatooed on your forehead?? "This kind lady will not turn away any strays":rolleyes:

You are such a kind-hearted one, Kim. So much love and compassion to go around and I know there will be enough somehow to care for this new family as well. That mama is just gorgeous and now she will safely deliver her babies. Hopefully, homes will be found all the way around for everyone. That belly is huge!! Wonder how many a mama can hold???

I know you will keep us up to date. NO, it never does end.....

kimlovescats
08-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Amy Beth's friend (Jane) wants to name her, since she was the one who brought her here! ;) She also bought her new purple collar for her. I just hope she hurries up and picks a name, I hate not being able to give a kitty an identity!!!:rolleyes: Silly, huh? :D

Judging by her face and size, I was thinking she was pretty young and maybe this is her first litter. However, she does have some tartar on her teeth and her nipples seem really rough to me ... like maybe she has had a litter(s) before?:rolleyes:

Any experts want to add your opinions here? Please do!!!;)

Also her pads are not real coarse, which tells me she probably only got "put out" because she was in heat!:mad:

Funny thing you should say about me taking in so many, Deb ... and the comment about a "sign on your front door"!!! :eek:
As a matter of fact, just a few days ago, I painted a sign and hung it right over my doorbell, which reads ... "No Solicitation ... of any kind"!!! I am sick of PEOPLE coming to my door!

but all kitties welcome :D

Lillycat
08-04-2004, 01:58 AM
how wonderful you were there for her. when do you think she will have her kittens? cant wait to see the pictures!

Randi
08-04-2004, 05:02 AM
What a beauty! I'm so glad you're there for her, it looks like she'll give birth pretty soon. Hope all goes well! :)

Please keep up updated.

jenluckenbach
08-04-2004, 06:47 AM
She is such a beauty! It is a darned good thing I don't live next door to you, Kim, think of all the extra cats I would just HAVE to take off your hands. :D

QueenScoopalot
08-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Judging by her face and size, I was thinking she was pretty young and maybe this is her first litter. However, she does have some tartar on her teeth and her nipples seem really rough to me ... like maybe she has had a litter(s) before?

Kim, If a cat has had litters before their nipples will never be young and perky ever again! ;) If she's never had a litter, they'd be kitten sized which barely show. Could be she's "pinking up" and getting ready to deliver. She's such a lovely dainty little dolly!

smokey the elder
08-04-2004, 08:03 AM
What a pretty little kitty! I bet she has kittens by this weekend. That's what Topaz looked like when I got her.

christa
08-04-2004, 08:42 AM
AWWWW!!! She's so beautiful!!! But she looks so miserable! Poor baby girl!

P.S. You're AWESOME, Kim!!!

catmandu
08-04-2004, 08:48 AM
There is no excuse,for that Poor Xat,to have to go through this! It must be frustrating cleaning up,after The Idiots,of the World! We thank you,for helping that Poor Little Mam,and we pray that the Kittens,are All Right!

moosmom
08-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Kim,

She's sweet looking. Actually, the shape of her head, the ears and her eyes lead me to believe she might have some Oriental in her. Does she talk at all???

Kids...ya gotta love 'em!! My daughter used to do that to me ALL the time when I was living in CT. She'd get into a conversation with someone and mention that I worked in animal rescue and BINGO...someone had a stray cat, kittens or knew of someone who had a pregnant stray, etc.

Good luck with her. Keep us posted.

K & L
08-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Rescue never does end! Bless you Kim for helping her and babies!

DJFyrewolf36
08-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Bless you for taking in this sweetie! Looks like she will have those kittens any day! She does look really young to me although I've never seen a cat quite like that!

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-04-2004, 09:30 AM
She is a very pretty mama cat, and very lucky to have found her way to you! I can't wait to see her babies. :)

Amber
08-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Oh my gosh!

Kim, I'm in love with this cat! She's beautiful! Your such a good person for bringing her in your home. :)

AmberLee
08-04-2004, 02:35 PM
{{{Kim}}}

You have a good heart. Keep us posted please on this pretty girl and her kids.

Vermontcat
08-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Kim, she sure is cute!:)
I look forward to seeing lots of new photos of black and white kittens from you!
Won't Tabitha be thrilled when she sees some new kittens in the house that are even smaller than her!:D

rg_girlca
08-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Aww Kim, you ole softy you.:D Bless you for taking in this very pretty little girl.
I know you will keep us posted on her situation.:)

Steffi N
08-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Bless your kind and loving heart Kim. I hope all goes well for this lovely mama and her babies to be.

heinz57_79
08-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Wow! She's one beautiful cat! I love her face, head, everything! Bless you for taking her in.... like there was any other alternative. ;) hehe Can't wait to see pics of her kittens!

leslie flenner
08-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Does Tabitha know she's there? Once there's lactating milk.. she may come a lookin! (she still sucking on your ears?). Anyway, if she needs help with first litter, you ready? I remember jan has had to pull a few out and tie up and clip some cord for those moms that just poop out or didn't seem to know any better...oh boy oh boy oh boy! Can we watch? Can you put us all on live cam somehow at your house? you know "kimcam" for a few days? she looks ready... but you know, sometimes they look ready to burst and I swear they hold them in on purpose...Where was she found?

NoahsMommy
08-04-2004, 10:57 PM
While I'm sure its added stress for you, I'm glad she arrived at your doorstep. She's in excellent hands. :)

What a beautiful girl!!

wolflady
08-04-2004, 11:08 PM
What an absolute precious mamma!! Bless your heart for taking her in and keep us updated on her progress. Her kittens will be just adorable! :D

Last year, during "kitten season" at the shelter where I was volunteering, a mamma kitty came in that looked just like this. She was so so sweet! Everyone called her Patches, but I called her Minerva ;)

**hugs**

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2004, 11:17 PM
She's so adorable.:) Kim,I'm so glad that she found your loving and caring home. Please keep us updated and I can't wait to see pictures of her kittens.:)