PDA

View Full Version : Nutro Max and Nutro Natural Adult

Christiansmommy
08-03-2004, 09:11 PM
I am switching Dale to a new food. I just think the Chicken Soup is too rich for his stomach to handle. I have been meaning to switch for a while now.

To those of you who have used either Nutro Max or Nutro Natural, Adult, what are your thoughts on it...

I think Dale needs a more basic food, with basic ingriedients...Chicken Soup had too many proteins, (4 total)...so i think he might do better on this...

Toller 42
08-03-2004, 09:15 PM
I think Nutro's natural choice lamb and rice is a great food for dogs with sensitive stomachs! it's the only food my Rotti can eat, I know other people who have tried it for the exact same reason and they all say it's the best food they've ever fed their dogs. i never tried the chicken and rice because all my Rotties have been allergic to it.

KYS
08-03-2004, 11:21 PM
I used Nutro's natural lamb for years and Sheba did
very well on it.
For some reason, Rocky did not. So than I had tried a couple of human grade foods and Rocky still did not do well.
That is how I ended up using Canidae or I would never
have switched a few years back.
(Sheba's coat was more shiney with the Nutro,
and I do add an oil supplement to her food)
Could be because she is a senior too?

I think Nutro is a good food and I would have never
switched if it wasn't for Rocky.
Try the Nutro and see if Dale's tummy does well. :)

aly
08-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Nutro is great. Both of my dogs did very well on it for years. I really like the fact that they have small bites for the smaller dogs .. not that you'll have to worry about that with Dale though! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
08-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Both of mine were on Nutro Large Breed Adult for awhile, and they did great on it. It's a good food. :) We just switched to Canidae after trying Chicken Soup for The Dog Lover's Soul, because I've noticed they were having quite a few loose stools, and they're doing wonderfully on Canidae.

Glacier
08-04-2004, 12:34 AM
I fed Nutro Natural Chicken and Rice for awhile. I liked it, the dogs did well on it. I switched when they started working more. They needed more fats at that point. I never fed their lamb formula as I have one dog who is allergic to lamb.