PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a cat who chews things

catlady1945
08-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Any suggestions for a cat who chews on things would be appreciated. He is just over a year old. He chews through wires, rope, paper. Is he bored? Is his diet lacking something? Is he teething?

moosmom
08-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Catlady,

I have a cat, Doogie, who is just over a year as well who likes to chew, mostly stuff made of plastic such as pens, combs, my cell phone antenna, etc.

I finally got him some of those dog chew sticks. He chews them for a while then gets bored with them.

I'd ask your vet just out of curiosity. Let me know what he says cuz I have NO clue why they do it.

As far as chewing wires, be very careful!! You might try covering the wires with aluminum foil. They don't like that. Don't want him getting zapped.

hellostranger
08-10-2004, 09:32 AM
No answers for you, but I'd also like to know why some cats chew things... Gus chews almost anything - there are teeth marks on the corners of the coffee table, the lenses of my (prescription) sunglasses and several of my books. :rolleyes:

ActionCat007
08-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure what to do about that. My cat Simba chews on things when he gets bored... I mean anything, the corners of tables, cords, ornaments, picture frames, anything that is wood, knobs on the windows, brass, anything plastic, books, my cordless phone, ect. :rolleyes:

All I can do is spray Simba or say bad boy really loud.