PDA

View Full Version : Reading Part III

RICHARD
08-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I went on vacation and forgot about our discussion...

Part three....

Where do you get the bulk of your reading material??

Library? Subscribe to Mags? Book club, borrow??

Uabassoon
08-03-2004, 04:51 PM
This place called Bookmans, it's a used bookstore.

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Used bookstores or Amazon.com.

heinz57_79
08-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
This place called Bookmans, it's a used bookstore.

Ditto! This place has everything!!

AmberLee
08-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Library book sales
Trades through www.bookcrossing.com
Finding books from bookcrossing zones
Loans from friends (you've got to read this book)
Used bookstores
Libraries (I have cards to three libraries)
On-line or brick bookstores

You know, I used to joke that I was a bookaholic. :o :eek: :o I think it's true!

Tonya
08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Pet talk. That's the only thing I read.

wolflady
08-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
You know, I used to joke that I was a bookaholic. :o :eek: :o I think it's true!

LOL LOL it IS true, AmberLee!! LOL LOL ;)

I get most of my books from a little mom and pop bookshop in Morgan Hill. Gotta support the little guy! Of course, you can see me spending hours (literally) at Borders and Barnes and Noble.

I also have a few magazines I subscribe to...

prechrswife
08-04-2004, 09:05 AM
My husband and I are both hopeless book addicts. We buy anywhere we find what we are looking for. Wal-Mart, Target, and Sam's are great if they have what you need, but we usually buy our books at Books-a-Million or Waldenbooks. There is a great Barnes & Noble in Columbus, GA, but that's an hour away, so we don't get there often. We usually buy paperbacks, unless we are collecting a particular series in hardcover.

(edited because I unintentionally used an abbreviation)

DJFyrewolf36
08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
I get books wherever I can get em! I get a lot of :rolleyes: looks from the hubby or my parents because if Im ANYWHERE and someone is selling books *even at garage sales* or someone put out a sign that says "Free books" Im usually the first to grab a few! I hang out a lot in the used book store at the college. I got a printing of a Henrik Ibsen play that was printed around 1920 there. They have all sorts of old books that are a real joy to read!

RICHARD
08-04-2004, 12:40 PM
We used to have Crown Books....they went bankrupt.

It was a discount book store and I always wondered why they would sell books so cheap...

Typographical errors!!

I'd be breezing thru and see a typo or two...

Not a real reason to panic but I did enjoy the prices!

sirrahbed
08-04-2004, 01:32 PM
First, I reserve and read books from the library since I am a huge read-a-holic. Anything I like enough to own - I go first to half.com or amazon and try to get a used copy. We also have a little local used bookstore that sells paperbacks at half price plus 5 cents:D I read far too much to pay fullprice for anything. I also prefer to wait for paperback on most books because I read in bed and they are more comfy!! The newest books that I just can't wait for are usually hardback though;)
I am CHEAP-O

mruffruff
08-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Me too!:D

If I can't get it at the library or borrow it, I don't need to read it now. Eventually I'll find it for free.

Mary

Cincy'sMom
08-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Used bookstores
passed around between friends
Media Play (they have 40% off New hardcovers, and sometimes you just can't wait!)

Lillycat
08-04-2004, 07:55 PM
public library.......the price is right.......sometimes 1/2 price books, when their paperbacks are 50 cents......a short while ago those sales were 25 cents......i subscribe to a few magazines.......but usually read those at the library too......if i find i just have to have a copy of a page......i take the magazine home and copy it......i also read the newspapers online...... i keep books that for one reason or another are favorites.......i also reread my favorite books at some more distant time from the first and still enjoy them......i love to read.......

ChrisH
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Library for most of my reading. Books I want to keep - mostly reference - from a cut-price book club. Now and again I look through the books on a second-hand book stall in town, I have got some good cat related books from there. :)

Chris