PDA

View Full Version : update on finn

guster girl
08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Hey, all. Just wanted to let all interested parties know that Finn and I are doing great! I have my own personal issues (one of which I posted a thread about in general, if you want to put your two cents in), but, overall, I'm doing good. Checking out other business opportunities, getting tired at my job! But, Finn is the glue that keeps me together. He's seven months old, now and weighs just over 50 pounds and is 23 inches at the shoulder. He's doing good in obedience, although he's not so great at class! He just gets too excited around the trainer and the other dogs. He still does good there with stuff like sit, and, stay, but, when the trainer comes to him to pet him, he always gets up or tries to jump. I'm reading the dog listener and have gotten a lot of good ideas from that, and, have seen an improvement in finn just from following a couple of things. He doesn't jump on me when I get home anymore. :) Anyway, I have photos online, but, still haven't figured out how to get them here. Ah, well, one day. :) ANyway, just wanted to say hi and let everyone know how big Finn's getting!

MariaM
08-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Thats great! WOW! 50 POUNDS! We need PICTURES!!! I agree, the Dog Listener is a FABULOUS book. I'm glad Major isn't the only one who gets excited and jumps!!

Now...for pictures...look in General under teenster3's thread..Kay shows a picture tutorial!

aly
08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
We miss you Kari! So good to hear from you :) Maybe we can reschedule our missed meeting soon!

dukedogsmom
08-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Glad to hear from you. Can't wait to see pics of Finn! Can't believe he's gotten so big. I think he and Riley would be cute together.

tatsxxx11
08-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Think of you and handsome, handsome Finn all the time! Thanks so much for checking in. Sounds like Finn's making great strides, and getting so BIG!:eek: How's he doing with the stairs? I remember he was just starting to master them a while back. Please keep us updated, on how you're doing and on Finn! In the meantime, give him a big hug and kiss from me!

aly
08-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Kari! I think Finn may be too big now for he and Reece to have their .. "fun" :o :o :D

guster girl
08-03-2004, 07:36 PM
ha ha, aly, that's funny! probably, but, he'd probably still try. :) i'm sorry to have been gone for so long, just trying to make things right in my life, ya know? i read more than i reply! i'm always hovering....love you guys, though!

Tonya
08-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the update! I would love to see some pictures of Finn.

guster girl
08-03-2004, 09:14 PM
I want to post some of him! RIght now, all i have at my disposal is kodak, and, i'm just not educated on how to share them in a forum like this. i can email them! but, so far, that's all i've figured out. but, i really haven't made a huge effort to figure it out, either. and, the kodak camera has a battery thing that's dead, and, it's my roommate's camera and i don't have the money to buy a new battery. but, i do have lots of regular film and a couple of good 35 mm cameras. and, i just found out that a friend of mine has a good scanner. so, i may get out there and attempt to use a camera again. i love photography, but, i haven't picked up a non digital camera in years. we'll see how it goes. :)

aly
08-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Kari, feel free to email any pics to me. I can put them on my server and post them for you. :)

guster girl
08-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Think of you and handsome, handsome Finn all the time! Thanks so much for checking in. Sounds like Finn's making great strides, and getting so BIG!:eek: How's he doing with the stairs? I remember he was just starting to master them a while back. Please keep us updated, on how you're doing and on Finn! In the meantime, give him a big hug and kiss from me!

The man's not afraid of ANYTHING!!!!!!!! I sometimes wish he was still a little wary of some things. But, no, he usually tries to take ten steps at a time! :) he's gotten lots of hugs from me tonight from all of you guys! And, aly, I will definitely email you some of the pics I have! They're all from May, though, so, even those won't show how big he's gotten in the last couple months. But, if I can get some up here, I'll be more motivated to take more!