PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd check in as I won't be around too much longer

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 01:40 PM
If anyone has noticed, I haven't been around lately. Things are pretty hectic right now. Dan and I are no longer together. I am struggling to pay my rent, and what's worse (funny how I think this is the worst part LOL! Sorry, I have to laugh at my misfortunes, it makes things easier) part is that I will not have a computer anymore, meaning no more Pet Talk. :( If I cannot pay my rent I will be moving, obviously. I know someone in Tigard OR, and I will be staying with them. They will be joining Pet Talk, so I'll just go ahead and let them explain more when they join. ;) If I do move, don't worry, ALL of my pets will be coming with me! :D I'd rather be a bum than leave my animals, and I have done that before. I lived off of Lake Isabella for two months with Houdini, my old cat Lucky, my tortoise hamsters etc. We did fine. Of course with a son that is not an option. I've thought about applying for financial assistance. Though I'd rather not do that.

As far as Dan and I, things were just getting rather abusive for me. He'd want to do things I did not want to do, and than get angry at me etc. His yelling and cursing at me is something I just can't take anymore. But I'll tell you this, I am much more happier than I have been in a long time. I've kinda been involved with someone for awhile, though I just haven't mentioned anything. This would be the person I would be moving with, or if things go good, and he gets this job he's applied for, we will just stay here in eugene. I know I sound crazy, but I can't deny the way I feel in my heart, and I need to follow it. It's not always lead me down the right path, but I feel different this time. Also, I'd be adding a new doggie member to the family as well. I'll have to post a picture of him later on today if you all don't mind. :-p He is a chocolate min pin/chi mix, and oh so cute! :D

But the thing about the computer, hence the reason I've not been around too much, is that the computer belongs to Dan. He wants to take it, and he will, so that of course means I'll have no computer to use and no Pet Talk to enjoy. I'll try to post as much as I can when I can get onto a computer. My friend is willing to give me his old computer, so I'd just need to get a monitor. I guess I shouldn't really call him my friend, more like.......um....what would I call him? OK, I'll call him my special friend. ;)

So at this time things are going OK. But things are also very hard. I am trying to keep a smile on my face though and I think I am doing really well so far. I just need to get over this first months hurdle with rent etc. I have a sneeking feeling I should be OK though, or so I am hoping. It's just this month that I am not prepared, but is anyone ever prepared for something like this? I don't think so.

Other than that things are going very well. Freckles and the rest of the crew are doing good. Wrinkles has gotten over her eye infection, and Caramels head tilt is slowly getting better. Freckles is just getting HUGE, and she is growing so fast! I love this dog. She means the world to me!!! I will have to get some pictures of her today. I also added two more additions to my household, a guinea pig named Zeke, and a leopard gecko named Turbo. :) Photos coming soon.

Dylan is doing good. I've been working a lot lately so haven't had much time to spend with him, but when I do it is the best time spent! He is such a good little boy. I couldn't have asked for anything better. :) Well, I guess I will try to keep in touch, and since I have access to a computer today I will try posting some pictures while I have time.

If anyone needs to get ahold of me, with questions about animals or just to see how I am doing, please email me at [email protected] If anyone needs my number, don't hesitate to ask. Just send a few prayers my way please, I really need it at this time. Thanks!

Cass

MariaM
08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Oh that sucks! We'll miss you! I'm sorry things aren't working out, but there is absoltely no point staying with him if you are not happy. I wish the best for you, Dylan, and the furkids! We'll miss you! Come back soon!

heinz57_79
08-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Good luck with everything! Hopefully it all turns out for the best... We'll miss you, but hopefully you won't be gone too long! :)

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Well I have friends with computers, so I will be dropping in for sure! I love this place! :D And hopefully I can get a monitor soon so I can use my friends computer.

dukedogsmom
08-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Good for you for getting away from that abuse! I know how that is and it can make you so miserable and sad. It also breaks your spirit. I'm glad you're feeling better now. Also, when you need a computer, our library has them so in a big town like yours, I'm sure yours have them, too. I'm not the best person to keep up with everyone's comings and goings so I'm glad you checked in. Hope your new life works out alright. I'm sure it's already easier being away from some of that stress.

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Yes I am! :D Plus, I am seeing someone, as hinted in the first post and he makes me very happy! :D I would have said something sooner LOL, but I just haven't had the chance. I'll post a pic of him in a bit. He's coming down in just two days and I am very excited! BTW, I met him online................something I thought I'd NEVER do again. But well, I guess I lied, hehe. :p So on Friday expect TONS of pics! hehe And good pics too, as he has a very expensive camera. :p

catlover4ever
08-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Cass, special prayers are being sent your way. I hope everything turns out OK. The decisions you have had to make are the hardest ones....so good for you for being strong enough to get away from an abusive relationship. I wish you the best of luck and try to keep in touch.

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Here are a couple of pics of Derek. Isn't he cute! :D Anyways, I have another pic of him, well several actually, but he'd hate me to post the other, hehe. So here are two! ENJOY! :D :D :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/miscellaneous/Derek.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/miscellaneous/Trickery.jpg

dappledoxie
08-03-2004, 05:47 PM
He is really cute!!!!! lol Sorry!

Well I wish you the best!! I think everything will work out great for you, just like me you're going through quite some stress right now lol! I'm sending love and prayer your way girl. I hope you get back online soon, :) Hugs!!!

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dappledoxie
He is really cute!!!!! lol Sorry!

Well I wish you the best!! I think everything will work out great for you, just like me you're going through quite some stress right now lol! I'm sending love and prayer your way girl. I hope you get back online soon, :) Hugs!!!

I know LOL! :D :D :D Only two more days until he comes down to visit. *sigh* I want it to be now LOL. You don't understand how well we get along. It's so crazy. I am constantly thinking of him, and him me. It's so odd. I, well, we've never been this way before with someone. Aww, I love the feeling! :D

Tonya
08-03-2004, 06:09 PM
I am sorry about your rough times, Cass. You are a strong woman and I know you'll get through this. Your new boyfriend is gorgeous. Good job! I hope that he treats you the way that you deserve to be treated.

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I am sorry about your rough times, Cass. You are a strong woman and I know you'll get through this. Your new boyfriend is gorgeous. Good job! I hope that he treats you the way that you deserve to be treated.

Thanks! :D I'm gonna flood the board with pics once he gets here LOL! :p

Toller 42
08-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Can you post pic's of Freckles before you leave too? I love seeing her! she is soooo pretty. I hope everything works out for you!

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Yep! I will take some later on today once my batteries are charged. I have some "must be done by today" photos that I need to take first. Then I can post them. :)

carole
08-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Cass I was so sorry to hear your news of the split with Dan, However if he was becoming abusive, then girl you did the right thing, it is hard to do, and a lot of women just cannot make the break especially when children are involved.

Your new Beau is a cutie pie for sure, I just hope you are not rushing into things too fast sweetie, yeah there goes that motherly advice again, but I am pleased to hear you have found someone that makes you happy, I hope things work out for you both, but Cass just be careful ok.

dukedogsmom
08-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Woo hoo! He's a good looking guy. For some reason, I thought you were a little older. Don't know why, though. No wonder you can't wait for him to get to you. Looks like you're off to a good start.

zippy-kat
08-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Good luck, Cass!

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by carole
Cass I was so sorry to hear your news of the split with Dan, However if he was becoming abusive, then girl you did the right thing, it is hard to do, and a lot of women just cannot make the break especially when children are involved.

Your new Beau is a cutie pie for sure, I just hope you are not rushing into things too fast sweetie, yeah there goes that motherly advice again, but I am pleased to hear you have found someone that makes you happy, I hope things work out for you both, but Cass just be careful ok.

We'll, we've actually been talking for quite a little while. Rushing, ya, maybe, but we both want this, and it feels right. I had to do what was right. Dan is always yelling, swearing at me etc. A few weeks ago I was on the way to work when he slammed on the breaks and cursed me out, in front of everyone, and Dylan. I've been in an abusive relationship before, and I didn't leave as I had pets then and I was so young and stupid. I don't and won't put up with it now. I gave him a chance to change and he didn't, so that's his fault. I'm not going to waste my life for him. Plus, Dylan doesn't need to hear two people fighting all the time.

I will definitely be careful, for sure! Actually, we are both being careful. We are both scared for the same reasons, but something is drawing us to eachother, and there is nothing we can do about it. I appreciate your motherly advice always. :)

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Woo hoo! He's a good looking guy. For some reason, I thought you were a little older. Don't know why, though. No wonder you can't wait for him to get to you. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Well, I'm 24, so still young enough! hehe :D He's just a tad bit younger than me. ;) Not by much though. :p

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Good luck, Cass!

Thanks! :D

luckies4me
08-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Oh want to know why I like him so much? He LOVESSSSSSSSSSSS animals! :D :D :D Dan doesn't. :rolleyes: Plus, he's got an overly cute dog that reminds me so much of my Pooka, it's crazy!

carole
08-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Sweetie I just hope for the best for you, sounds like it has been rough lately, and you are right Dylan does not need to see or hear that behaviour, you are doing the right thing, and I admire your bravery, its tough on your own, but then you will have that babe Derek at your side,Best of Luck, and I hope you can get a computer soon and be part of PT as before as I for one will miss your posts.

Cass you have a great deal of maturity for a young person, and I think you will do just fine.!!!!:)

pitc9
08-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Good Luck in everything you do, I look forward to updates!!

You are a strong person... you should be proud of yourself for leaving a relationship like that. I envy you for it!

luckies4me
08-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Thank you all very much. Tonight is when the computer is supposed to leave, or should leave. :( Tonight is not going to be a goodnight.

trayi52
08-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Cass, I am sorry, I had no idea things had got so bad for you. No woman deserves to be abused like that.

I am so happy you have found somebody to have that special feeling with. It is rare to find that special feeling with somebody you have so much in common with. If he like animals too, you really have it made!

I wish happiness for you and Dylan, you deserve it! It just sounds like its about time you started to have a truly happy life.

Willie:)

luckies4me
08-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks Willie. :)

shais_mom
08-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Good Luck Cass!