PDA

View Full Version : I got him!

wolfsoul
08-03-2004, 12:46 PM
I got my kitten! :) I named him Caleb. He is so adorable, and quite a little monster hehe. He meows constantly, and with a horrible yowl (it may be the siamese heritage lol), and he keeps me up in the morning with his playing (he likes to attack my legs hehe) but he is such a little sweetie. He has the most gorgeous eyes -- the colour looks like Tikeya's eyes with a darker ring around the pupil and the outisde at first, but if you look closely, you can see some yellow and pink and purple tinge. It is so interesting.

I took him to the beach the other day. He did very well. His harness is a bit big, but he'll fit it eventually. There was this one kid at the beach that was driving me nuts. She kept asking if she could hold him and I kept saying no. Caleb slept most of the time. He turned ten weeks old on Saturday, and he weighs 910 grams..I'm not too sure how much that is in pounds...2 1/2???

I got him a day later than expected, so I had to cancel the vet appointment and make it for Wednesday (tomorrow). I'm upset about that, because he hasn't had any shots yet, and a friend of mine is coming all the way from Campbell River today to stay at my house for a few days, and she has tons of cats, so I'm worried that she might pass something on to Caleb. I forgot to ask her if her kittens have their shots...I'm really worried, and because it was a holiday on both Sunday and Monday, I couldn't take him in, and the vet is full today...What are the chances that he could get something from my friend's clothes, or hands?

Anyways, that's about all. I'm going to take some pictures of him and then I'll take my camera to Jynnelle's house and upload the pictures there (I still don't have my new computer). If anyone wants to know anything about him, let me know! :)

catlover4ever
08-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Congratulations!!! Caleb sounds like he is handsome!!! I can not wait to see pictures. I wish I had some advice for you about your friend with cats but unfortunately I do not, but I'm positive with all the people here on PT that someone out there knows something.

Again congratulaitons!!!! :) :) :)

prechrswife
08-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Congratulations on your new arrival!:)

molucass
08-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Congrats on the new kitty!

I can't wait to see pics of him. :)

AmberLee
08-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Welcome, Caleb. You sound delightful!

carla and mike
08-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Another congratulations on your new family member.

kimlovescats
08-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Congratulations! Now where are the pics!!!???:eek: :D

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Congrats on the new furbaby. Can't wait to see pictures.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Congrats Jordan! :D

I can't wait to see pictures of him. He sounds adorable. :)

slick
08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Congrats Jordan. Can't wait to see pictures. :) :)

trayi52
08-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Congratulations, Jordan!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Willie:)

rg_girlca
08-03-2004, 04:48 PM
:D Congratulations on your new furbaby. Waiting patiently for pictures, as Caleb sounds adorable.

catcrazylady
08-03-2004, 04:54 PM
He sounds adorable! We will patiently wait for pictures!

QueenScoopalot
08-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Congratulations on your new kitten Caleb! Pictures?:confused: :confused: As far as him getting anything from your friends cats, I'd worry more about him catching something from being outside without his shots. :eek: Panleukopenia aka distemper is a very hardy virus that can live in soil etc. for (I've heard) up to ten years!:eek: It survives freezing weather, and is highly contagious. I'd leave him home until he has at least two F.V.R.C.P. vaccinations to be on the safe side! Now once again....Pictures please?:D

catnapper
08-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Congratulations, and welcome to your furrever home Caleb!!!

catmandu
08-04-2004, 09:36 AM
The Found Cats think that you amde a smart move,getting Caleb,his Furr Ever Home,as he will repay you,many times over,for your kindness!

wolfsoul
08-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone! :D I have no pictures yet -- I don't know when I'll be able to get over to Jynnelle's house to upload them. :o

I took him to the vet today -- a whopping $240! :eek: Yikes! When I called them, they told me that the first shots cost only $60, so I brought along $70, thinking I was covered. It was when I got there that they told me that to get the shots, you ALSO have to pay for tons of other stuff. I had never thought to ask about everything else on the phone lol. So I wound up having to use my debit card...but that's okay! He got his Feline Panleukemia, his Calicivirus (sp?), and one other one..I don't remember..In two weeks we'll go back to get another of each of those, plus his FIV and his rabies. He also got an FIV test which cost us $60, but I figured that it was well worth it considering where he came from. Poor baby had to get blood taken out of both of his front legs. And then they gave him the dewormer stuff -- Caleb didn't like the taste of that. He did very well -- everyone commented on how calm and well mannered he was. They gave us a free bag of cat food too, and tons of brochures (I'm a brochure hog), and a magnet hehe. Oh, and kitty treats. ^^

So he's at home sleeping..the shots made him super tired. They made him bleed too, it was yucky.

Don't worry QueenScoopaLot, Caleb is an indoor cat. :) But I do take him for walks, so I guess watching out for other cats and stuff is a good idea. :)

Tonya
08-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Cool! I can't wait for kitten pictures. Congratulations! We miss you, I can't wait until you get a computer!

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Congrats Jordan and welcome to PT Caleb!!!:D
He sounds like a great kitten. I can't wait to see some pictures of him.:)

QueenScoopalot
08-05-2004, 06:32 AM
YIKES! Expensive trip to the white coats! I hope when Caleb goes back he's getting an FeLV shot, not an FIV. The FIV shot will cause cats to test positive for the FIV virus, unlike the FeLV vaccine. If Caleb were to escape and wind up in a shelter somewhere, his test would come up + and he may be euthanised because of this! :eek:

wolfsoul
08-05-2004, 02:17 PM
I think the FeLV was the one he already got? He is supposed to be getting the FIV, but I'm not sure yet because he won't be around a colony of cats or anything lol. I'm pretty sure the shelter here doesn't test for anything like that because it's so expensive, but he will have a tag, a tattoo, and a microchip, so hopefully I'd be called before they do anything like that. :eek: I'm not sure if I'll get it...I've already paid for the package...:confused:

cloverfdx
08-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Awww Caleb sounds like a sweetie :D I cannot wait to see photos of him.

slick
08-09-2004, 02:41 PM
I just got off the phone with Jordan and she apologizes for not getting back to this thread. She still doesn't have her new computer yet so she'll have to take the bus to Jynnelle's to upload pictures.

Caleb is a darling and sleeps with her every night, but as all kittens do, decides that her feet are playthings in 4am. **sigh** I just told her that it's something she'll have to get used to.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Congrats on the new kittie! Can I add my voice to the bunch of WHINERS asking for pictures LOL;) ;) ;)

pitc9
08-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!