PDA

View Full Version : What wierd things do you eat?

Tonya
08-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I eat my grapenuts hot and soggy.
I eat Hershey's chocolate syrup on my pancakes.
I eat melted chedder cheese on my hash browns.
I eat fried marshmallows in butter.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-03-2004, 12:32 PM
I like to eat Chicken with Ketchup lol. My mom and I both do, and everyone else thinks it's gross. :p

I also like salad dressing [Ranch or Blue Cheese] on just about anything.

swimma253
08-03-2004, 12:45 PM
hmm... i like chicken, steak, eggs, sausage, hotdogs, with ketchup. I dont know if thats consiered "wierd." But I heard that in Florida they dont eat hotdogs with ketchup.. (I cant eat em without it!) LOL.

But I do like to drink the juice out of an olive can....(it looks like soda) it tastes good! l0l.

hmm.. whatelse...?

I wont eat pretzels unless I can dunk them in soda.

I like salad dressing on my bread.

I like carrots dipped in pickle juice.

Thats about it! :D

Carly

pitc9
08-03-2004, 12:54 PM
I like eating dill pickles while drinking beer!
I like to put peanutbutter on apple slices and banana's
I will only eat an egg salad sandwich if it's on toasted bread.
My hubby and his father eat Peanutbutter and tomato sandwiches

Tonya, I like hot and soggy grapenuts too!! Thats the only way to not break your teeth while eating them!!!:D

Amber
08-03-2004, 01:02 PM
I practically love to eat everything cold. Like soup for a example

And whenever I get it, I dunk my Mcdonld fries in choc milk shake. :D Yum!

Logan
08-03-2004, 01:16 PM
My hubby and his father eat Peanutbutter and tomato sandwiches

:o Me too, but I put mayonaise on it too. I do the same thing with Banana sandwiches!!!! :)

MariaM
08-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Hmm well I'm not sure. I don't know if this is considered weird, but melted cheese slices on pergoies is REALLY REALLY good! (Actually, I love perogies ANY way!!) And I have ketchup on my bacon. I don't know if that is weird either. Hmmm...there are lots but I can't think of it right now haha. Oh but I do like to make that apple crisp topping (with like oatmeal, cinnamin, brown sugar, flour, butter) and just eat it plain. And that cinnaminy stuff you put in coffee cake is also good plain! And of course, muffin batter, cake batter, cookie dough, square dough, haha I don't think those ones are too weird though;)

dukedogsmom
08-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I don't know where that Florida rumor came about but we do eat ketchup on hotdogs. That's about the only thing I put on mine and I drown them in it! Also, my dad taught me this one: peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches. Yum. Pineapple and mayonaise sandwiches are good, also. When I was in junior high, a friend and I loved dill pickles and chocolate milk together. I haven't had that in a while. Also when I was a kid, I would get a huge amount of lettuce and have a mayo and lettuce sandwich. Can't think of much else right now.

heinz57_79
08-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I dip McDs fries in their Hot Fudge Sundae.
I like Vietnamese coconut snow with bits of Tapioca Jelly in the bottom.
I love Thai deserts; sweet rice, sweet red beans, mangos n sticky rice with coconut milk.
Mexican hot dogs, with beans, salsa, bacon, sour cream, guacamole, relish, and onions.
I can't eat soup without bread or crackers.
I eat rice with EVERYTHING, chili, bbq, steak, etc.

Some things that people will think weird:
I HATE peanut butter, cold pizza, and lots of other "normal american stuff". hehe

slick
08-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Anytime I go for Dim Sum I eat jellyfish. :eek:

RobiLee
08-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Tuna fish and homemade gravy over toast...Yummy!

I don't know if it is weird but I don't really know anyone else who eats it and my hubby and son think it is disgusting :p

Robin :)

Freckles
08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
My dad taught me this one: peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches.
My favorite is peanut butter and DILL pickle sandwich.

binka_nugget
08-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by slick
Anytime I go for Dim Sum I eat jellyfish. :eek:

Me too! :D It's actually quite tasty!

I don't mind warm soda, so long as it's fizzy.

I LOVE raw fish and Tobiko (flying fish caviar).

MariaM
08-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Tuna fish and homemade gravy over toast...Yummy!

You mean...thats not normal? Lol we eat that! We call it Tuna over Toast LOL. My dad doesn't like it, but the other 5 of us do!

DJFyrewolf36
08-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Dang it all of you are making me hungry!

I'll try anything once. The stuff they show on Fear Factor doesn't even bother me *Id kill the hissing roaches first though* Nothing tastes bad with Ketchup :D I put the stuff on EVERYTHING and it drives people nuts. They seem insulted, like I don't like the food or something. Its just a habit I picked up eating cruddy military food, now nothing tastes right without it.

Samantha Puppy
08-03-2004, 03:30 PM
I put ranch dressing on just about everything, including pizza.
I dip my sausage links in syrup.
When I get chicken nuggets at McDonald's, I dip my french fries in the honey as well as my nuggets.

Tonya
08-03-2004, 06:20 PM
OMG....I don't know why I made this thread when I'm pregnant. I started getting the gag reflex like I was going to puke just reading some of your posts! I had to stop reading before I got sick. :eek:

Twisterdog
08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Oh my ... I SO wish I would have never opened this thread! I truly feel ill now.

I was going to post that I eat apples and peanut butter, thinking that was weird. But after reading some of these replies, I realize I am a true novice in the world of weird food. Thank goodness!!!

*leaves to take Pepto Bismol*

Sweet Sixy
08-03-2004, 11:25 PM
I don't like too much wierd stuff. But my favorite wierd food is fried chicken with peanut butter and hot fudge :D Its like a fried chicken sundae without the ice cream. I also like french fries with ice cream on them. I think thats as wierd as my taste gets.

Tonya
08-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I was going to post that I eat apples and peanut butter, thinking that was weird. But after reading some of these replies, I realize I am a true novice in the world of weird food. Thank goodness!!!

I love apples and peanut butter. In fact, I used to come home from work everyday, eat apples and peanut butter, and then go work out. I had the most energetic workouts ever and I was the thinnest and healthiest that I've ever been. It's the perfect mix of protein and carbs.

Tonya
08-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweet Sixy
I don't like too much wierd stuff. But my favorite wierd food is fried chicken with peanut butter and hot fudge :D Its like a fried chicken sundae without the ice cream. I also like french fries with ice cream on them. I think thats as wierd as my taste gets.

Oh, you are kidding me! Ewwww. haha. You all are killing me!

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Some of these made my stomach flip. I don't think I eat anything odd compared to some you guys, LOL!

Tonya
08-03-2004, 11:54 PM
This isn't really wierd, but ever since I've been pregnant, I crave cucumbers. I eat them plain. My fridge is constantly stocked with them now. I eat about three a day. Hubby says I'm going to turn green soon.

trayi52
08-04-2004, 12:02 AM
My stomach is turning flip flops too! But who know if something tastes good until you try it!

I used to hate the idea of eating pork brains, the kind in a can. Now I like them, maybe because I've grown older? And my taste buds have changed?

Sorry, Tonya, I hope the PORK BRAINS don't turn your stomach!;)

Willie:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Yuck, Willie!

The worst I get is Ranch dressing on ANYTHING!!! :D

Umm... I LOVE black olives. :)

Tonya
08-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
My stomach is turning flip flops too! But who know if something tastes good until you try it!

I used to hate the idea of eating pork brains, the kind in a can. Now I like them, maybe because I've grown older? And my taste buds have changed?

Sorry, Tonya, I hope the PORK BRAINS don't turn your stomach!;)

Strangly enough, they don't. Which scares me. It's so wierd, because right now, I hate all the foods that used to be my favorite, and everything that I could never stand sounds good now. lol.

trayi52
08-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Tonya, when I was pregnant, I craved watermelon, toast, and Klausen Pickles. I really craved crushed ice. I just could not get enough crushed ice, just loved it, and had to have it.

It has been so long since I have been pregnant, I can't remember everything I craved. I am pretty sure there was some really weird things.

Megan, I love black Olives too! Oh yummy, now I am hungry. I love the green olives too.

Logan
08-04-2004, 12:37 AM
I've only been pregnant once, but it is funny what I craved. I wanted vanilla ice cream with bananas and chocolate topping, and I LOVED and craved Hawaiian Punch!!!!!! :eek: For 7 months, I wanted to eat no meat, but it didn't stop me from gaining weight, unfortunately!

trayi52
08-04-2004, 12:50 AM
LOL, Logan, I gained up to 163 with my last child, and my doctor kept telling me I was gaining too much weight. I looked at him and poked him in the stomach with my finger, and told him he needed to start worrying about his own weight! I think my hormones were RAGING!!

Logan
08-04-2004, 01:00 AM
LOL @ you, Willie!!! :D :D :D

By the time I delivered, I think my weight was significantly more than yours at your peak! :o Thank goodness it is significantly less than that now!!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by swimma253
hmm... i like chicken, steak, eggs, sausage, hotdogs, with ketchup. I dont know if thats consiered "wierd." But I heard that in Florida they dont eat hotdogs with ketchup.. (I cant eat em without it!) LOL.

I will only eat a hot dog if it has ketchup on it. My husband recently made the comment that I was the only person he knew who did that and it's gross.:rolleyes:

I don't know if I eat anything weird. I eat ranch on almost everything, but I don't think that's weird. I am a really picky eater, I don't like too many things.

swimma253
08-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I don't know where that Florida rumor came about but we do eat ketchup on hotdogs. That's about the only thing I put on mine and I drown them in it! Also, my dad taught me this one: peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches. Yum. Pineapple and mayonaise sandwiches are good, also. When I was in junior high, a friend and I loved dill pickles and chocolate milk together. I haven't had that in a while. Also when I was a kid, I would get a huge amount of lettuce and have a mayo and lettuce sandwich. Can't think of much else right now.

lol oh! Someone told me that and I didnt know if it was true. lol

Tonya
08-04-2004, 11:18 AM
The I eat hotdogs with ketchup only.

Sevens
08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Oh my god!!!! I am not the only person in the world who likes peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches!!!!!!

I have to show this thread to my husband. Everytime I eat a peanut butter and pickle sandwich in front of him, he says "Are you PREGNANT?!?!?" And of course, I never am. Thank god I am not the only one who likes these....:D

I think my other weird food that I liked was sliced banana with ketchup on it. And crunchy peanut butter on plain flour tortillas.

The weirdest thing anybody else I know has tried is...tuna fish waffle sandwich. My brother once made a sandwich out of two Aunt Jemima Frozen Blueberry Waffles and canned tuna fish!

Hmmm, looking at all the different things people have tried on here makes me want to try some it of it....especially the pierogies with cheese on top....never tried them like that!:)

anna_66
08-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Ya'll are GROSShttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/wow1.gif:D

But I guess trayi52 said it best

who know if something tastes good until you try it!

but I don't think I'll be trying it, thanks anyways:p

cali
08-04-2004, 01:02 PM
lol I dont eat weird things lol I am VERY picky, and unless you consider ordering nearly everything off your burgers, subs etc.. weird then nope, lol :p lets see my teen burgers consist of only bacon, lettuce, cheese, and tomato, no sauces or nuthin. my cheese burgers consist of the pattie and cheese. lol the only subs I like are on white bread with backon, lettus and tomato. thats it lol I like my food as simple as possable! ;)

cocker_luva
08-04-2004, 01:29 PM
well i put bbq sauce on burgers
mayo with fishsticks
italian dressing on some deli sandwiches
ive had honey/peanut butter/banana sandwiches
pancake/waffles with corn syrup (when maple is out)
chicken and ketchup

i cant think of what else.
:rolleyes:

lizzielou742
08-04-2004, 02:26 PM
My boyfriend eats raw potatoes! :eek:

mruffruff
08-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Drained tuna with chopped celery, green pepper, carrots and mixed with sour cream. Scoop with crackers. I can eat a whole can of tuna this way!

Maria M, I assume you are eating the potato perogies with cheese. My daughter makes home made perogies with a stuffing of fried cabbage & onions. I eat them plain or with sour cream.

Love leftover pork roast sandwich with horseradish sauce. Or cranberry sauce.

Mary

trayi52
08-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Raw potatoes with salt! Yummy!

molucass
08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
cheetos dipped in ketchup
mac & cheese with ketchup on top
scrambled eggs with ketchup on them

pancakes with peanut butter (and sometimes both peanut butter and syrup) smeared on them.. YUM!

peanut butter, honey and banana sandwhiches

pizza dipped in ranch dressing

and there's more, but I don't want to make anyone sick.. :)

Ohh, and I absolutely HATE regular coca cola... it has to be diet coke. Blech.. just thinking of regular coke is gross.

Tonya
08-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Raw potatoes with salt! Yummy!

I thought that you get worms if you eat raw potatoes. Were my parents lying to me all this time?

Sweet Sixy
08-04-2004, 08:20 PM
molucass you're making me hungry! I love all of that stuff! Praticularly the peanut butter on pancakes!:D MMM

cloverfdx
08-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Some of those weird foods have made me feel ill http://home.no/femma/smilies/blah1.gif .

I dont do weird either, i have a fairly weak stomach. ;)

chrissycat21
08-06-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm a vegetarian so I eat some things that are considered 'weird'. Like tofu. (Which is really good in a stir fry!) And all the fake hot dogs, burgers, and chicken nuggets. My dad likes fennel on pizza, I still have to try that.....

I've eaten raw onion and raw garlic before. My mom can't stand that! I think that condensed milk stuff tastes good. lol When I was baking once I ate a lot of the can. :D

-Chrissy

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 03:03 PM
What are pierogies? Never heard of them. I just thought of another thing I love! Boiled ribs with sour kraut and garlic juice. It is so delicious but it gives you really horrible gas :p

Tina
08-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I like

peanut butter and banana sandwhich(hubby thinks it is weird)

ketchup on scrambled eggs (again hubby thinks I'm weird)

can tuna, ranch dressing, mayo, and dill pickles on bread or with crackers.

grape jelly on pancakes

sometimes just plain cheese on hotdogs

I know there is more can't think right now.

chrissycat21
08-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Tina

grape jelly on pancakes

sometimes just plain cheese on hotdogs

I love jelly on pancakes! I also like that apple stuff.....

I put cheese on veggie dogs. :)

I don't think those two are that weird......

-Chrissy

Karen
08-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
I thought that you get worms if you eat raw potatoes. Were my parents lying to me all this time?

Yup! Well, maybe if you don't wash the dirt off ...

MariaM
08-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Question one: No, I didn't mean potatoe perogies with cheese. Now, I assume by this you mean cheese/potato filling. I LOVE potato/cheese filling, but in this case I was referring to a square cheese slice melted on top. (ha, like I said, perogies are the best anyway!)

Val - Perogies are a triangle or half moon type of dough with filling inside. You can buy them at the store, but they are much better homemade. You basically make dough, roll it out flat and then cut square or circle shapes. You then put a filling in the middle, flip the dough over, and pinch it together. The filling is usually mashed potato, mashed potato with cheese, cottage cheese or prune. There are some others I believe. You can boil them, deep fry them, and ....probably more. They are good with sour cream, in mushroom sauce, with bacon bits, with mushroom bits, VERY good with onions, good with melted cheese...:D They are my favorite food!!

chrissycat21
08-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Perogies are awsome! Aren't they a Polish food? I wish I could make them myself. I buy the frozen kind. :)

-Chrissy

MariaM
08-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Well I know they are Ukranian. Can food have two backround thingy's? They could be polish as well...I'm not sure:p