PDA

View Full Version : Goldie and Honey found their home!

Tonya
08-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Yay! And Whew! Just when I was starting to get my panties in a bunch, their mommy called. She lives about 5 miles away across a highway, so she didn't think to look over here. She said that Goldie used to live in this neighborhood, so that's probably why they came over here. She was totally amazed that Goldie walked so far. She said that Honey was a stray that showed up at their house and latched onto Goldie. Honey made Goldie so happy that they couldn't help but keep her. Get this...Goldie is 15 years old! She's actually pretty darn healthy for 15! :eek: They were so excited to see their mommy, and their mommy was very happy to see them.

She felt bad, especially for Goldie, because they are inside dogs only and Goldie gets arthritis meds everyday. I have to have a talk with my vet because they are microchipped, but my vet didn't see them. I think their equipment isn't working.

Samantha Puppy
08-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Yay!!! I'm so happy that this ended like it did. I'm glad Goldie's and Honey's mommy found them and now they're home safe and sound. God bless you for taking them in, Tonya. There is a special place in Heaven reserved for you, you know. :)

cloverfdx
08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
That is great news :D.

pitc9
08-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Yipee!!!!!!!
Oh this is such good news!!

So glad to hear Goldie will get her meds!! She'll be feeling better in no time!!
I had a black lab at my house once for a day and a half, and he comes back a few times a week!!! He just loves it at my house! He'll come to the gate and scratch at it or bark till we hear him and he comes in a plays with mine for a little bit while his mommy comes over and picks him up!

Tonya
08-03-2004, 12:25 PM
How cute!

The one thing that irritated me was that she said "Usually when they get loose, they wind up at the pound." Like it happens all the time. I suggested tags and microchipping them. She said that they are microchipped, but my vet didn't pick it up with his scanner.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Yay!!! That's great news! :D

heinz57_79
08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
How cute!

The one thing that irritated me was that she said "Usually when they get loose, they wind up at the pound." Like it happens all the time. I suggested tags and microchipping them. She said that they are microchipped, but my vet didn't pick it up with his scanner.

"Usually"? :rolleyes: How bout a fence or something they can't get out of? There shouldn't be a "usually"... But i'm glad they're both going home. Goldie should feel much better after she gets her meds. :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-03-2004, 02:29 PM
W:DW! GREAT News, Tonya!!

And you were Wonderful to take them in!! ;)

Originally posted by Tonya

... she said "Usually when they get loose,
they wind up at the pound."
Like it happens all the time. :eek:

:eek:
You'd THINK she might invest in Name TAGS!
Tags otta be cheaper than the AC FINES!

Originally posted by pitc9

... a black lab at my house once for a day and a half,
and he comes back a few times a week!!!
He just loves it at my house!

:D
Reminds me of a *HUGE* Great Dane that became a Frequent Flyer
"visiting" at the Ranch!

First Time I saw him I thought a Horse had gotten loose! **BIG** Guy!

He'd lost his Tags, so I called the Sheriff - and they HAD a
Missing Dog report - from about 2 MILES away!
I called "Gary" and described Fido as a "small HORSE"...
"THAT'S HIM!! He's SUPER Friendly - can you hold him till I get there!?"

No Sweat - unless I run out of bisquits!
He *happily* jumped in Gary's pick-up and off they went -
after Gary said "Thank You" a million times!

"Fido" (wish I could remember his good, Great Daney NAME)
must have liked Casey & Arrow's company & Bisquits) -
because he became a VERY Frequent "visitor" on weekends!

The windows would *rattle* with him announcing his arrival ~ **WOOF**!
Casey & Arrow would welcome him and keep him occupied,
while I phoned home for him!

Phone calls became short & sweet...
"It's Phred; He's here."
"Be right over."
A few minutes later he'd leap in Gary's vehicle and off they'd go...
"THANKS!" and a *WOOF*!
"See ya next weeked, Gary!" :p

Turned out that WE were the ONLY ones he "visited" when he'd take
a stroll away from Home - usually while Gary was mowing grass and
not giving him quite enough attention.

PS:
I remember one time GARY showed up *before* his Dane did!
We were good friends by then; and Gary said he'd SEEN the Big Goof
head through the woods in our direction!
Sure enough ~
Ole Fido appeared on a dead run out of the woods and ran up to me.
You could almost *hear* the " :eek: I'm *BUSTED*" when he
spotted Gary and his truck!

Gary finally broke him of the habit by carrying a box of Dawggie Bisquits
ON the Tracktor while he mowed!

:D

aly
08-03-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm glad they finally got home!

Sometimes the chips will slide around and move after time, so its harder to pick them up with the scanner.

K9soul
08-03-2004, 03:59 PM
That's wonderful news Tonya! I truly hope the owners take more precautions so they don't get loose again. You were wonderful to take them in and do all you did for them.

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah!!!!! Great news.

This was a good day for lost pets. My 'found' cat was reunited with her family today too.:D

stacwase
08-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Wow - that's great! I'm kind of shocked. I thought they were lost permanently - or dropped off at your doorstep. It's amazing that she walked so far!

Fifteen years old - whew!

Karen
08-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks so much for taking care of them and I am so glad for everyone concerned that they are home now! She must have been soooooo relieved! :)›