PDA

View Full Version : Did we scare ya off, Sandra (tatsxxx)?

bizdevguy
08-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Since we demanded photos, you've been strangely absent? Did we scare ya away???

MariaM
08-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Haha! I don't think she's been scared away! I think she's been forced to read the digital camera manual ;) And we all know how stupid those things can be!Haha, I'm sure she'll be back soon!

swimma253
08-03-2004, 12:57 PM
lol .... ahem... she said... "tomorrow" like 5 days ago! lol ;)

Kfamr
08-03-2004, 01:45 PM
LOL.. I was just going to find the thread to bump it up and remind her. P)

COME ON SAANNDDRAA! :p

bizdevguy
08-03-2004, 02:31 PM
bumpity bump

tatsxxx11
08-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Hah, hah, hah!!!! I've been caught! I spent most of late yesterday, uploading pics and (ugh!) scanning all the pics I lost when my old 'puter crashed. I'm ready! lol! Then, I just saw those fabulous pics of Riley Lab and now I'm thinking twice...just kidding!:D Keep an eye out. I'm on my way!:)

swimma253
08-03-2004, 03:16 PM
yay!!! Finally! (I think)

Rachel
08-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Somebody pm me if I don't see the thread. I don't want to miss this one.

Kfamr
08-03-2004, 04:11 PM
I think we're up for some Hannah and Tucker pictures, too!

I refuse to PM you unless we get some of your furkids, Rachel.:p :p

tatsxxx11
08-03-2004, 04:42 PM
I can't tell you how upset I am. I worked for well over an hour, posting the pictures, making a little story, "A year in the life of" going season by season. I submitted the thread and I was told "too many pictures, go back and edit, blah, blah." I don't think there were nearly as many pics on my thread as I've seen posted before. When I tried to get the page back to edit, I hit the back button and got the "page has expired." It all disappeard:mad: :mad: I really think I'm going to go cry. I' m so furious and so tired. I'll try again tomorrow. Have to go feed everyone. I'm sorry. I'm was so excited that you all were going to see pics of my beautiful girls. I knew something would happen. I should have copied the whole post onto WORD or my clipboard. I was going to:(

K9soul
08-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh Sandra, I'm sorry, please don't be so upset :( :(

Did you try hitting "back" on the browser until it got to the spot before you hit submit? I've done that before when that happened to me. I think it partly depends on the file size of the pictures you're posting.

Another thing I've done before if I was going to be a long time making a post is typing it all up on word perfect or notepad or something, with the links and everything, then just cut and paste into the thread. You might have to divide your post into a couple posts but at least this way you know you won't lose it somehow accidently. Don't be upset Sandra! {{HUGS}}

tatsxxx11
08-03-2004, 04:52 PM
I did try that Jess. I hit the back browser button a dozen times. It eventually went back to PT's homepage, but no thread:( I'll do it again but I can't right now. My eyes are crossed!

Kfamr
08-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Why not just make an album and we can enjoy them all the same. :);)

tatsxxx11
08-03-2004, 05:09 PM
I do have albums, Kay, but it's not the same and besides, there's so messy! lol! I'll try again later.:)

MariaM
08-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Aw that sucks! I know that has happened to me a few times, when I've written up LONG stuff, and I'm just like....AHHHH NO and I get soo discouraged.

KYS
08-03-2004, 07:20 PM
HUGS Sandra. (((^..^)))
Take a deep breath and try again tomarrow.

Shelteez2
08-03-2004, 07:26 PM
A tip for you that I do is I post all my pics in one continuous post. Then I hit "preview" This lets me see the pics and it also tells me if I have too many for the post. You don't have to click back to edit the post you just scroll down. If I have to take some pics out I will highlight the code and cut it out. Then I preview again. If it works I submit it and then go about posting my next post by pasting the pics I cut.

I hope this helps you, and I can't wait to see the pics when you get around to putting them up again. :)

Rachel
08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Oh, how well I understand the frustration of working so hard on something and then losing it. We will be patient. Get some rest and work on it again another time.

KayAnn, I know, I know.

Sudilar
08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Don't you just HATE when that happens!!! It is soooooo frustrating. I have been trying to computer update and having LOTS of problems. Was even thinking of booting it (LOL, sorry for the pun) into the garbage. Even now it doesn't work right! EEEKKK!
Good luck today!!!!! I hope you have better luck!

GoldenRetrLuver
08-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Try, try again! :)

We'll be looking forward to seeing them when you get them up!

Kfamr
08-04-2004, 08:59 PM
For anyone who cares---

When I post pictures, I re-name them numerically. 1,2,3,4,5 and so on...
So, when they load on photobucket, the URL looks like this...
(I put spaces and *'s in the URL so that it will show)

* http://** img.photobucket .com/albums/ v238/simnala2/7-26/11.jpg

I copy one of these, with the IMG code included around it. Then I copy and paste it lets say 16 times, I find that 8 pictures for each post is best. Also, try cutting down on any smilies included in the post, those count as images too.

Then, all I do is change the number in front of the .jpg as I go through my album and chose which pictures I like best.
Which would look something like this..
http:// img.photobucket .com/albums/ v238/simnala2/7-26/12.jpg
[im*g]http:// img.photobucket .com/albums/ v238/simnala2/7-26/13.jpg[/*img]
and without the spaces...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/simnala2/7-26/12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/simnala2/7-26/13.jpg

I often do this in Wordpad, just in case. It's also alot easier IMO, to do it in word pad instead of having to go from an album to PT.

Hope this helps instead of just boring everyone!

anna_66
08-04-2004, 10:52 PM
How frusterating!

I'm so sorry you took all that time and had that happen. Try again tomorrow, I'm sure you'll feel more up to it then:)

Rachel
08-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
For anyone who cares---

Hope this helps instead of just boring everyone!

Hey, we need all the help we can get. Little tricks of the trade are especially welcome. Don't ever hesitate to volunteer them.

Thanks, KayAnn!