PDA

View Full Version : Smokey passed away...

Davis Family
12-12-2001, 08:28 PM
(Davis twin sons speaking here)
Our sweet cat named Smokey passed away about 2 months ago. I haven't had time lately, though, to post the news here.
We were just up in our room on a normal evening, when we heard our parent's call urgently to us. When we got down to the kitchen, Smokey was lying, motionless, on the floor, with Mom and Dad kneeling by him. Then mom said in a very sad voice, "I think Smokey just died..." :(
Dad called the vet, and the next day they did a mini-autopsy on him. They think the death was somehow related with the heart, and there was fluid in his lungs. He is now buried right next to our other former cat Chaska.
Poor Smokey was seven years old, and there was nothing that we knew of that was wrong with him. :(
He was the sweetest cat we have ever owned, and very very sensitive. He was a big grey furry fellow, but would never even try to hurt anything. We'll never ever forget Smokey and all the love he gave us.
I'm sure many of you have had this kind of sudden death happen, and I hope that you never forget that pet, and always have them in your heart, as we will.

zippy-kat
12-12-2001, 08:33 PM
OH, I am so sorry to hear of your loss! :( :( :(

{{hugs to you all}}

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

AmberLee
12-12-2001, 08:46 PM
{{{Davis family}}},

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your Smokey sounds like a wonderful cat, you must be missing him a lot. We will all be thinking of you and praying for you.

Cougie Wechsler
12-12-2001, 08:49 PM
I am so deeply sorry for the loss of beloved Smokey. You are in my prayers. I have never seen you post before but please know that you will have the support of the wonderful pet talk family.

Logan
12-12-2001, 09:18 PM
I am so sorry that you lost your Smokey. :( But one thing is for sure...it is a blessing that he went quickly and didn't suffer. That doesn't make losing him any easier I know.

gini
12-12-2001, 09:52 PM
It is so difficult to lose any pet, but especially those that are so sweet and loving. My heart goes out to you in your loss and be comforted that it was clear he was well loved by your entire family and had a very good home. You will be kept in my prayers.

sammi
12-13-2001, 09:36 AM
So sorry to hear that your pet cat smokey passed away. Sounds like he had a nice life with his family and was loved very much.

purrley
12-13-2001, 09:45 AM
My heart and my prayers are with you. Sounds like Smokey will remain for ever in your hearts to bring forth when you need some comfort. God Bless!!!

tatsxxx11
12-13-2001, 12:49 PM
I am so very, very sorry to learn of the death of beautiful Smokey. Losing a furkid is one of the hardest things to accept. Two days after Christmas last year, I lost my beautiful little Lizzie in much the same way. She was almost 20. But in apparent good health. She pased away sleeping on the couch while I was at work. Thankfully she was given lots of kisses and an "I Love You" before I left. Thank you for sharing your story, and the deep love you have for your beautiful kitty. We all understand how painful it is. You are not alone. Bless you sweet Smokey. Lizzie, watch over Smokey at the Bridge.

cr7clark
12-13-2001, 02:46 PM
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your beloved Smokey. My Abby went to the rainbow bridge last June, and I still miss her, bless her little heart. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, she had to be put down because of health problems the vet and I just couldn't fix. Plus, Jim and I lost our loving orange boy Valentine three years ago, and I still find it hard to look at his pictures. Perhaps that is why I dote on Miss Bo so much.....hope you find a new cat or cats to fill the hole Smokey left behind.

yorkster
12-13-2001, 04:33 PM
So sorry to hear about Smokey. I lost my kitty, Liza about a year or so ago, so I know how you feel. It does sound as if Smokey did not suffer for too long, and that is a blessing.
We at Pet Talk hope that you will stay with us in the future.
Take Care....

Sudilar
12-13-2001, 06:56 PM
So sorry about Smokey. Try to remember the fun times. :(

Davis Family
12-15-2001, 07:57 AM
Thank you for all of your sympathy and consolation. All of us here at the Davis household appreciate it.

yorkster
12-15-2001, 04:45 PM
The Davis family-
Your house sounds like a lot of fun with all those kitties!
So sorry to hear about Smokey. :(

I hope we will keep hearing from you all. :)

Gepansy
12-16-2001, 02:13 PM
Sorry about Smokey :(

Pam
12-16-2001, 03:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Smokey. It brings back very vividly the death of my dog, Whitney, who passed away on the sofa one day while I was at work. I came home to her lifeless body and it was a horrible shock! She had also been in good health so I know what a jolt this gave you. The vet told me that it was most likely a heart attack and very quick and there was no suffering and I think that was probably the case with Smokey. Try and take some comfort in that and that he is now pain-free at the Rainbow Bridge.