PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a free e-mail address?

Randi
08-03-2004, 08:21 AM
If so, why did you choose THAT particular one?

Here are some examples, but there are lots more. :)

Angelfire
Free Web-based e-mail service.

ApexMail
Full-featured and free email system which includes: auto-responders, forwarding, advanced address book/contact management, filters, blocking, color schemes and more.

Beer.com
Serious free e-mail service inspired by beer consumption.

Bigfoot
Recommended! Your address will be like [email protected][/email ].

Crosswinds
Also provides free Web space.

Cybermail.
User information will never be sold or given out for any spamming purposes.

Earth Online
Gives you an email address like [ email][email protected][ /email] . Also does free Web hosting, free chat, free advertising.

Easy Post
The FREE web based email services from Easyspace.

Easy To Remember
Free URL and email forwarding service based in Taiwan.

England E-mail
Free web-based email service with POP option. Many features and services. Like a personal address book, attachments, signature, filtering, vacation reply.

Eudora mail
From the makers of the popular email program. Services: address book, vacation reply.

Extenda
Also provides free webspace.

ForFree
Very sympathetic and free service, fully SMTP/POP3 compatible. So you can use any standard email program - or Netscape communicator/navigator - to send and receive mail. Your e-mail address will be similar to [ email][email protected][ /email].
Soon also available: Web based interface.

Friendly e-mail
'Friendly e-mail for the student'. You can choose from email addresses like [ email][email protected], [email][email protected][ /email], [ email][email protected][ /email], [ email][email protected][ /email], [ email][email protected][ /email]. You can also choose from office domains, military domains, school domains.

Geocities
Offers free pop accounts and free homepages. Recently I had some problems mailing to an existing geocities account though.

Get-mail
Free web based service. They respect your privacy. In the application-form you don't even have to fill in your personal data (name, address) if you don't want to.

GNWMail
International mail service based in Finland. Web based access to your mail, so you don't need a separate mail program.

GoPlay
Web based service. You get an address like [ email][email protected][ /email] .

HotMail
Web based. You don't need an e-mail account or e-mail program. Simply access and send your e-mail with your Web browser.

Infospace/iName
Here you can also choose from a variety of domains, like [ email][email protected][ /email], or [ email][email protected][ /email].

Lycos
Web based service by Lycos and IName.

Mail City
Web based, so no email program necessary. You get an address like [ email][email protected][ /email] . Gives you 4 Mb for your received mail and attachments.

MailExcite
Web based service. Simple to use.

NetAddress
Provides mail-forwarding, Pop and Web based services. So you can use their mail server, or redirect the mail to your local mail account, or use the Web interface to read your mail online. You get an e-mail address like [ email][email protected][ /email].

NetForward
Also offers free web-page forwarding. Does not sell your e-mail address to junk mailing lists.

Opera Mail
Free mail service from the company that made the Opera Web browser.

Panda Mail
Free service. It uses a Web based interface (using your HTML browser) to access your existing POP3 account. Panda does not supply you with a POP account, probably you already did get a pop3 account with your local dial-in provider.

RocketMail
You can use your webbrowser to send and receive e-mail. Many features. Special educational offers. Does not accept new accounts at this moment.

Personal Connections
Web based.

Star Mail
An e-mail address with a domain of your own choice. Examples: [ email][email protected][ /email], [ email][email protected][ /email]

Unomail
Free web based service.

Usermail
Sympathetic and free mail forwarding service. Setup of your account requires a symbolic one-time fee of $1 - to avoid misuse. Also offers non-free but low-cost pop3 accounts ($9.00 per year). Your mail address is never sold, spam tolerance is zero. No advertisements are run through the mail.

Stones.com
Forwarding service by Bigfoot. Gives you an address like [ email][email protected][/ email].

Wonder Net
Gives you an e-mail address like [ email][email protected][ /email]

Wowmail
For one user-id, you get 30 mail domains, most of the mail domains are a bit erotically flavoured. Examples: [ email][email protected][ /email], [ email][email protected][ /email]. All are accessible from one account, replies to all addresses go to one mailbox.

Yahoo
Web based service by Yahoo.

YAW mail
"Yet Another Web Mail". Web-based email service.

Barbara
08-03-2004, 08:24 AM
I choose web.de because they always had very good test results and they have an excellent Spam and Virus filter.

MariaM
08-03-2004, 09:35 AM
I chose Hotmail 4 years ago (still have the same address) because it was the most popular one, I guess the only one I really knew about. I have yahoo now, I can't remember why I made it. I like it though because there is tons of storage space. I like Hotmail's layout better though.

slleipnir
08-03-2004, 09:51 AM
I use google mail (gmail) It has a ton of space, is free, and it's just good in general

(and the mail I get with my webspace)

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I have an account with Yahoo. I picked them about 5 years ago when I needed an account to use for signing up for all those internet freebies that used to be given away but I didn't want all the spam. I still have the account and use it regularly. It's been 100 times better than my husband's hotmail account that lets through tons of spam.

DJFyrewolf36
08-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Netaddress still exists!?! Sheesh, now I feel old :rolleyes: I used net address YEARS ago when my parents first got dailup. Me and this group of friends had this netaddress clique thing going lol cause we were anti Hotmail and anti Yahoo

I primarily use my Yahoo account or my university account now. I sign up for freebe emails just so I can get access to sites and not have to deal with the spam garbage

Oh and you forgot one of my cult favorites: Evilemail.com, I don't know if they still are around but it was funny *in a really gross way* :P do not visit if you are weak of heart!

dukedogsmom
08-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Wow! I had no idea there were so many! I've got Yahoo and now Google(thanks to Karen :) ) I had hotmail at first but they are horrible on spam so that's why I went to Yahoo.

Amber
08-03-2004, 12:12 PM
I used to have only hotmail. Which I don't use no more. But now I use yahoo. :)

Desert Arabian
08-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Nope. :( I have an icky AOL address. Man o man, I hate AOL.

[email protected]

I wish we had something other than AOL, like DSL or RoadRunner!

binka_nugget
08-03-2004, 02:48 PM
I use Hotmail, yahoo and HotPop.

I hate Hotmail. I only use it because I can use Outlook Express for it. My accounts are messed up. Sometimes my emails don't go out or come in.

I'm pretty happy with Yahoo. It's just not as convenient to use for me.

HotPop I don't like at all.