PDA

View Full Version : Everybody, I am sorry!

Miss Meow
08-03-2004, 05:39 AM
I'm sorry for not replying to threads and sharing your joys, troubles and stories of late.

I was losing my job but managed to be redeployed, but my new boss wanted a male for the job (charming :( ), there's a lot of politics and I have to work twice as hard just to hope to prove half as worthy after my probation period ends in a couple of months.

The sexist pig also has a habit of screaming at me on Wednesdays for some reason, so tomorrow is going to be a charming day indeed. He says I don't control my staff enough. I don't do 'control' so it's slightly awkward ;)

I also took on a full time university subject load as I could take some study leave during my redeployment, but now I'm back full time, I barely have time to scratch myself in the stress to pass all the units.

Oh, and my work computer faces a photocopier and the back of the dooryway so everyone can see what's on my screen.

Soooo ... please don't think I'm ignoring you.

I'll be on e-m or PM if you wanna say hi. Hope to be somewhat normal soon :)

Killearn Kitties
08-03-2004, 05:46 AM
All the best. You will get through this difficult time. Hoping for better days ahead!

Lillycat
08-03-2004, 06:05 AM
so sorry to hear of the workplace troubles.....this is soooo stressful i know. hope all eases up soon......

Tonya
08-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Sorry to hear about the workplace troubles. I hope things get worked out for you. Be sure to take good care of yourself and not get to stressed out. (((((hugs)))))

Randi
08-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Nicole, I'm sorry to hear about workplace problems. :( I hope better times are ahead! Keep your chin up! ;)

Hugs from me and purrs from Fister.

catnapper
08-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Good luck in your new position! I know you can do it! Is there some sort of monitor screen you can apply? I know they make them so that YOU can see the screen from sitting in your chair, but anyone a few feet away will only see a greyed out screen. They were devoloped for patient privacy in hospitals, but would work in your case too!

Here's a link to what I'm talking about.
http://www.hospital-privacy.com/

Barbara
08-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Nicole it's so good to hear from you. I know all these unemployment issues ( there has been a serious danger last year, now it's temporarily settled but with ecomomies staying low here it can happen any time next year--or not, you learn to live in a less stable situation) and I also would put high priorities on keeping my job.

I am sure what you do is at least as good as any man could do and I will send some special well-wishing from inside my heart to your boss (didn't I put that pretty nice:D ).

We believe in you and will be happy to have you back with more time whenever you get out of the worst trouble.

Kissies to the kitties and scritchies to the doggies:)

Felicia's Mom
08-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Sorry you are having this trouble. :(

Russian Blue
08-03-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your work troubles. I haven't been around either because of my workload and stress. I took a vacation day today so that is the reason I am checking out PT!

I think it's time to start playing the lottery!

;)

jenfer
08-03-2004, 09:43 AM
I hope things will get better for you!!! {{{HUGS}}}

anna_66
08-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Oh Nichole, I'm sorry to hear you've been so stressed here of late:( I do hope that soon all this will blow over and you'll be doing fine again!
We miss seeing you and pictures of your crew so I hope we'll be seeing more of you soon:D

Hope your day isn't too rough tomorrow.

SEXIST MEN..........WHAT PIGS!

dukedogsmom
08-03-2004, 10:45 AM
So sorry you're having trouble. Isn't there anything you can do about the way your boss treats you? How about contacting the EEOC? It is unprofessional and shouldn't be allowed. You are not a door mat and shouldn't be treated like one. I hope things get better.

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Hang in there!

gini
08-03-2004, 11:09 AM
What I want to know is why my unlisted home telephone number is plastered all over Australia and underneath it says:

FOR A GOOD TIME CALL...........................

Seriously, I don't envy your task.........having to doubly prove that you can do a job.

There is a joke going around about having fleas in a strategic area and arms that aren't long enough..................

It makes me think of your boss:D

MariaM
08-03-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry everything is going bad for you. I completely understand, as I have not been much in the mood for replying myself lately, and I have no where near the troubles you do. I hope things take a turn for the better though! *Hugs*

shais_mom
08-03-2004, 01:13 PM
no worries Nicole!!
You take care of YOURSELF against the sexist PIG.
Don't forget to hug the furries to lower your blood pressure!!

{{{hugs to you!!}}}

AmberLee
08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear of your stresses and challenges. You can do it! Hang in there. {{{hugs}}}

lizbud
08-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Sorry to hear about this stressful work situation.:( Is there
any chance you could tell this jerk to take the job & shove it.....
and continue with your classes instead?

I wish you didn't have to put up with this clown.:rolleyes:

Good luck & hang tough. Hugs from Liz, Smokey & Kitties.

Uabassoon
08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
I was hoping you were apologizing for not posting enough pictures :) But I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I hope things get better real soon.

moosmom
08-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Nicole,

I'm sorry to hear about your work probs.

but my new boss wanted a male for the job (charming )

THAT is discrimination. I'd get lawyer!!! Oh Johanna, you there?? Any advice you can offer Miss Meow??

captain
08-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Nicole,

You know my background .............:D
Want me to come over and "sort him out"? :D

HUGS to you ...................
Michelle

Miss Meow
08-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Thanks, everyone :)

Mr Sexist is very careful not to say anything to me directly that I can take to the equity and diversity people. He is just really nasty instead. He yelled at me last week for letting two of my team go to a site together (it was in a remote location by four wheel drive only with no mobile phone coverage so I wouldn't let one go alone), and called them Tweedledum and Tweedledee as an insult, but today he thought it was great as either one could take him out there today for a visit without getting lost or stranded. Idiot. I'm filling a diary each day with what's said, just in case he crosses the line ...

Only 2.1 months of probation left! Hopefully we are moving to another building as we need a secure comms area and we'll get a bit of physical distance from him.

Apart from that, my team are a seriously great bunch of people and hopefully we can keep each other sane :)

lynnestankard
08-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Oh Nicole {{{Hugs}}} across the miles - this bloke sounds a right sexist pig - good idea keeping the daily diary.

It's nice to know your team are good to work with - at least your all pulling in the same direction - it helps!

I hadn't noticed your absence - 'cos I've been away for a fortnight!!

Chin up sweetheart - give those meezers an extra special cuddle - and chill:) :)

Lynne