PDA

View Full Version : It's either something in the air or...

moosmom
08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
it's me.

I went to the shelter today to bring Hannah Mae there. In walks this woman with her 4 year old brat :mad:

She says she had a cat from a kitten but it wouldn't stop climbing up her leg and attacking her kid. (Gee, I wonder WHY???) Well, I had to walk away from THAT conversation because my blood began to boil when her little freaking monster started running through the shelter with a teaser wand while one of the cats was chasing it. UP AND DOWN, UP AND DOWN. :mad:

She said that she was looking for a cat for this little turd kid of hers that he could play with. *shakes head* Why not get him a damn dog? She said she wanted a slightly OLDER cat that wouldn't use his claws (is this woman on crack or what???) and harm this little monster. Personally, I would've been happy if the cat chewed little "Chad's" face off. :mad: This kid was totally wired!!!!

She told us she wanted 2 cats, the other one being a laid back and mellow cat for her 2 teenage kids that would be a lap cat and sleep on their beds. What does the shelter look like, SPECIAL FREAKING ORDER????

She ended up going home with a 9 month old spayed female (the one the kid was taunting) and a male, declawed and neutered, named Socks. Sweet cat who loves to eat, sleep and look out the window. Perfect for her teenagers.

I said a little prayer for both of them (the cats that is) tonight. They're going to need it. That kid was B A D!!!! My hunch is this lady will be returning them to the shelter the minute the kid gets scratched.

Can ya tell I'm totally intolerant of misbehaved, monsterous children these days? :eek: Or maybe it's just children in general. In any case, I'm glad my kid is 28!!

As for Hannah, I'll be back again at the shelter tomorrow and will spend more time with her. No need to take any of the ferals home as they are almost ready for adoption. I worked on Galen today (the little all-black kitty). Had him inside my shirt petting him and he finally got his little motor running. When I left he hissed!!! :rolleyes: Oh well.

I hope Hannah gets a home real soon.

aly
08-02-2004, 10:38 PM
That is pretty bad, but I wouldn't wish a dog on the child. Dogs can be tormented just as much as cats can.

I would hope the mother will teach her child to behave in an acceptable way. I know, fat chance.

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 12:01 AM
From the sounds of it I wouldn't wish that kid on a crocodile.:D

I hope those poor cats aren't too tormented. Maybe a fiesty cat is just what that boy needs. Lets pray so.

Edit - I meant I hope those cats AREN'T too tormented but I'm sure you guys knew what I meant.

catmandu
08-03-2004, 09:11 AM
The Found Cats are praying for those Two cats,as they could be in for a Hard Time,with that Brat! My Dear Mother,would have discplined us,if we treated any,of Our Cats badly,today,the Children,are indulged too much!

DJFyrewolf36
08-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
The Found Cats are praying for those Two cats,as they could be in for a Hard Time,with that Brat! My Dear Mother,would have discplined us,if we treated any,of Our Cats badly,today,the Children,are indulged too much!

Yep, My mother would have tanned my butt for hurting or taunting ANY animal. I think you're right moosmom, it must be something in the air. Sheesh, seems like more and more I'm hearing about some bratty child and some parents who are like "kids will be kids" and ignore what thier kid is doing. I hope those kitties will be treated right, and if they HAVE to go, I hope it is back to the shelter instead of just booted out on the street!

When I adopted Remus, the shelter made me fill out like three or four forms and asked me about 20 questions. I got more of a background check than I did when I opened my bank account! LOL. That usually weeds out people with brats...I don't think they even let kids in the cat area there. I got IDed, and Im 22! I guess you have to be 18 to even go look and if a kid wants to see a kitty they just bring it out for them if the parents are there.