PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy Rescue Remedy for your cats?

jazzcat
08-02-2004, 02:15 PM
I've had someone ask me where to get it. Also, those of you who have used it, would you give some information about it.

Thanks!!

moosmom
08-02-2004, 02:55 PM
It can be purchased at any nature food store or GNC, as it's an all natural herb.

K & L
08-02-2004, 02:56 PM
At Health stores, i.e. Hi Health, GNC...etc.

kimlovescats
08-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Am I sensing a possible introductions of kitties in the house!!!???:eek:

jazzcat
08-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Honest, someone had PM me asking about it because I had mentioned it in a post. I thought it was herbal but since I'd never actually used it I wasn't sure. If any one can elaborate on how it works or helps I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Who know, I may need that info too.:)

aly
08-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Here's a page talking about rescue remedy in animals:

http://www.naturalcanine.com/html/rescue_remedy.html

It doesn't go into specific detail on how it works though.

It always has good results when I use it for animals at the shelter.

Uabassoon
08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
I've never tried it on my cats before, but I know there is one cat I take care of on a regular basis and it has helped her so much. She used to not get anywhere near me when I would go in, and once they started giving her the rescue remedy she started to actually ask for my attention. She also used to run away from her food dish if I even made the smallest noise, but now she will happily eat while I walk around the house doing the rest of the chores.

catmandu
08-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Just,out of curiousity,what is Rescue Remedy?

moosmom
08-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Rescue Remedy is a liquid that is made from all natural herbs. It's supposed to be very calming. It can be used by humans as well as on cats.

I had some and it worked very well on my cat Casey when he was so stressed out. It's harmless.

sirrahbed
08-06-2004, 08:41 AM
heehee - I had a bit of trouble finding it as our GNC did not have it nor did the chain nutrition stores, but I did find it at a dinky hole in the wall bulk natural food and herbal store. I tried a few drop (oh and it was for ME!) in water like the directions said and sipped it for the first few days. Nada. So I tried the "rescue" manner and put drops under my tongue...nada. So, I tipped the bottle and swigged the whole thing:eek: no kidding. I guess I am skeptical or maybe used to....umm....stronger calming agents:o
I bought more for Missy and her Boomer but not sure how it worked out. But, I did have trouble finding it - but probably just where I live (small town near Dayton, Ohio)

catmandu
08-06-2004, 08:47 AM
If the Found Cats were any more relaxed,they wouldny move,but JJJ3can be hyper,and he can be a trouble maker,but he prefers his Whiskas Temptations!