PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear it for the quiet ones!!

Logan
12-11-2001, 05:57 PM
I'm talking about kitties like my Mimi, Sandra's Mr. B, and all the others who are never in trouble!! I told Sandra recently that I feel so guilty because I don't talk about Mimi like I do Butter because she is just "here", loving and gentle as usual, but not doing anything spectacular.

I think that is reason to celebrate MIMI and all the others like her who behave themselves and have matured gracefully! So here's to you guys, boys and girls, all the kitties of Pet Talk who are just plain good!!! :D

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/012/Ot/uT/gF/Sx83640.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Mh/N4/VK/CI53037.jpg

aly
12-11-2001, 06:49 PM
Here's my angel!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/ve/Mm/TJ/Yo43542.jpg

AmberLee
12-11-2001, 07:03 PM
Sassafras Root (Sassy) (RB) was a wonderful little guy with the sweetest "Mir" noise. His typical 'adventure' was to accidently get closed in a closet by an absent minded mommy. I miss this sweetie. Here is one of his baby pictures:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/m0/od/wD/Cv23748.jpg

AmberLee
12-11-2001, 07:08 PM
Olivia d'Flufferuni is a very good girl (almost always :rolleyes: ) At least if something is being destroyed or if weird noises are occuring, she and I look at one another then go search ... excuse me, that's another thread.

Here is my sweet girl, ahem, that's sweet and NOT neat:
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/009/lG/7N/z2/Zo58871.jpg

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

wayne0214
12-11-2001, 07:38 PM
when I read this thread, I began to ask myself, "which of your close furkids gives you the least trouble?" They all do things that have to be corrected now and then, except for Mackerella, a continually affectionate black and tan tabby.

4 feline house
12-11-2001, 08:15 PM
Gee, Amberlee, my heart skipped a beat, becuase I never saw you post that Cassy had gone to the bridge! Then I reread and saw it was Sassy. Whew! Sassy sure was a cutie.

Big Mac is certainly not the good one in our house, because since I rearranged the furniture about a year ago and made the couch more accessible, he has shredded it. Also, everytime he goes outside to munch the grass he makes a mad dash for the door to make sure he throws up inside.

Pepper isn't the good one because she pees on the towels on the bathroom floor (at least she's not going on the rug - I can wash the towels!). Also, she's got claws like talons and her favorite place to plant them is in my leg. Besides, she sneaks into the attic through the laundry room.

Peaches isn't the good one because she taught Pepper how to sneak into the laundry room. Also, like Butter, her idea of playing involves teeth and claws - I guess it's a former stray thing!

So, the winner, with absolutely no faults, is:
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/014/AP/fI/gj/jI11025.jpg
COOKIE!!!!

Logan
12-11-2001, 08:41 PM
I am so delighted to add some new kitties to the "Ring of Honor", the quiet ones, who don't do anything but remind us that they love us every day!! Keep it up, folks. I think this is a very great and necessary tribute to our "kids"! :)

AmberLee
12-11-2001, 08:44 PM
Dear Leah,

You're right. My two boys were litter-mates and brothers and Perspicacity Purrsonality is called Cassy and Sassafras Root was called Sassy. It got very confusing at times with friends and neighbors. [Uh, it sounds dumb but I did it deliberately -- wasn't too sure how seriously the association's rule for 'one pet only' was to be taken. Have since learned that it's not taken seriously at all. Still thought it would be easier to pass off two cats with sound alike names than two cats with distinct names.] (Sometimes even I'd yell, "You there, what's your name, stop it." Not effective at all, but yelling 'no no' at cats generally isn't anyway. :rolleyes: )

Sassy was a big boy and his adult pelt was a medium length about the shade of British Blue. He was almost 15 pounds -- kind of a gentle giant type. He loved heights -- so far he's the only cat who's figured out how to get on top of the china cabinet and the tall cabinets over the refrigerator... I used to tell him he was a little drop of heaven's love come down to earth in a cat suit. (Yes, we would get soppy when we cuddled.)

One Saturday last February he laid down for a nap and didn't wake up. We had just celebrated the boys 19 month birthday a couple days before. It was hard for me and very hard for Cassy. I'd never realized how cats can mourn, too. :(

I'm tearing up while typing this, but it feels good to give a little tribute to my sweet Sassy boy. (Thanks, Leah, for asking! And thanks, Logan, for the opportunity to give tribute to all the 'good boys and girls' of Pet Talk.)

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

yorkster
12-11-2001, 09:56 PM
Oh Amber, your story is making me tear up too.
I aslo had a sweet little girl who is at Rainbow Bridge now because of kidney failure. She was very quiet and well behaved, so when she got sick I did not know it until it was too late. I know that kidney failure or kidney cancer can happen very quickly, but I still think about that time with her- she was so good and quiet that I think she got lost in the shuffle sometimes.

Her name was Liza, and she was a black and white bi-colored kitty.

Logan- what a good subject! Thanks.
Mimi is very pretty and sweet looking!

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: yorkster ]

Logan
12-11-2001, 10:37 PM
I lost my "good girl", ShrimpBoat (strange name I know, long story behind it) in 1989. It was totally my fault, and my good friend, Leah, has tried to help me through my remorse and I thank her for that. But in the senseless loss of Shrimpboat, Mimi came to live with us as a six week old kitten. That sweet girl has been through thick and thin with me. She is older than my Helen, my "skin kid", who you all know that I adore.

So, I thought it appropriate that we honor those good girls and boys, who don't "grab" out attention, just wait for it. And you folks are doing a wonderful job. Thanks, in memory of ShrimpBoat, who never wanted anybody or anything except her mama, and in honor of Mimi, who has filled that gap wonderfully over almost 13 years.. :)

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

4 feline house
12-11-2001, 11:11 PM
Well, of course, if we are mentioning our RB babies, I must include Zebo. This is so far the only digital pic I have of him:
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/020/wO/cd/e3/qv34163.jpg

This little guy - well, BIG guy since he varied between 16 and 18 pounds when he was healthy - only did TWO things bad - he pooped in a plant, but that was only because I forgot to refill his literbox after I cleaned it and air-dried it, and he bit - deeply - a friend for no apparent reason. He was the same kitty I recently posted about who went to work with me, and the same one I recently posted about who used to nip my calf when he was especially happy. He had various health problems his entire life and died at 13 of kidney disease. He was my "first" cat and never met a stranger. He is still very missed.

Former User
12-12-2001, 01:25 AM
:eek: we can't reply to this topic...C&K definitely aren't quiet etc.... :D

cr7clark
12-12-2001, 07:06 AM
Miss Bo definitely belongs to the "sweet and quiet" cat-egory. She is by far the best pet I've ever had. I've never come home to shredded furniture or a messy house, she's never broken litter box training (except for once, when she and our male Manx had a pee and poop contest on the spare bed :eek: ), she eats whatever we set in front of her without complaining and she is always ready for a back scratch or snuggle. The amazing thing about Bo is that she has all of her claws and is strictly indoor, yet she will not extend those claws when you play with her or pick her up. She has the softest high-pitched meows, even when she is hungry she doesn't meow very loudly (but she is persistent!) I need to scan in a few pics of her and get them posted, I hope to do this soon so everyone can see our sweet Bo!

Edwina's Secretary
12-12-2001, 09:38 AM
I feel better.

I have at times wonder if there is something wrong with Edwina! She has never broken anything, not only doesn't get on the kitchen counters but HATES being put on them (the table is another matter but that is my fault), thinks the Christmas tree is pretty and a nice thing to sleep under, and is content with her crunchies!

(I hope she doesn't read this. I wrote the other day that she is phobic about the bathtub. This morning when I went to shower she was climbing about the tub surround checking out some Christmas decorations I have there. If she finds out I said what a good girl she is who knows what she will do!!)
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/011/LY/IM/Np/qh32281.jpg

AND she lets me dress her up silly sometimes!

aly
12-12-2001, 10:00 AM
Hehe, Edwina is very cute as a cow!!!

Logan
12-12-2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty:
<STRONG> :eek: we can't reply to this topic...C&K definitely aren't quiet etc.... :D</STRONG>

Maybe this message thread will give you some hope for Casper and Kitty!! Give them some time to grow up and maybe they'll turn into "quiet ones" too!! Frankly (don't hate me), I sort of like hearing about their antics!! :o

Cynthia
12-12-2001, 01:41 PM
I have to add Stump to the list of good guys. (Maybe it's a Manx trait, huh, BosMom?)He is a big sweetie; if he's irritable it's usually because Emmett is annoying him. At 13, I think he has matured gracefully, as Logan so aptly put it. And Leah, your Cookie looks a lot like my Emmett, who is the non-quiet one in my home!

I also love hearing about the more rambunctious guys like Butter, Ernie, etc.!

thelmalu99
12-12-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty:
<STRONG> :eek: we can't reply to this topic...C&K definitely aren't quiet etc.... :D</STRONG>

Same here, LOL!
Calm, quiet, well-behaved kitties? Sorry, don't know anything about THAT. Lately, I have been locking my boys out of my room at night because they just will not let me sleep. They start running around, chasing each other in the middle of the night, making a huge racket! Sounds as if there are horses galloping through my room! I feel guilty, but hey, I need my sleep! (And I'm sure that the lady downstairs does, too!) :rolleyes:

cr7clark
12-12-2001, 03:07 PM
Manxcat, the Manx breed is known for it's sweet disposition. They are called "the trucker's cat" because they adapt well to traveling in tractor-trailers with their owners over long periods of time. A Manx will put up with anything as long as their "person" is with them. This has certainly been true of Bo, and was true of Abby as well (rb).
:)

tatsxxx11
12-12-2001, 05:07 PM
Mr. B, a.k.a. Buddy, is the best behaved big boy on earth. Always loving and wanting nothing more than to lay on a lap and purrr. He looks up longingly at the privileged receipient, seeking eye contact, tapping you on the arm, longing to be assured of your love. He too has never broken anything, never had an "accident" anywhere, NEVER even upchucked a furball or a pukie. Ever! (Pardon my language!) :rolleyes: I love him dearly, and at the age of 10 or more, (age uncertain) he continues to be a source of incredible comfort, joy and stability! The one remaining sane creature, furry or human, in my house! Cudos to Mr. B and all the other "angels!" :) http://wsphotofews.excite.com/007/hR/bN/Hf/s763124.jpg

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

auggie
12-12-2001, 07:13 PM
Everybody's little Angels are so cute.
Sandra, can I trade my bad Boy for gorgeous Mr.B.
Auggie is my good Girl. Best Cat I ever had. Loving, quiet and well behaved. She fallows me everywhere, sleeps next to my pillow and never wakes me up early. Always a happy little camper, chirping and purring. I love my petite velcro cat. http://wsphotofews.excite.com/015/p6/jp/3o/bU85121.jpg

tatsxxx11
12-12-2001, 07:17 PM
That would be ANGEL velcro cat! What a beauty Auggie is. :) So much like my Rainbow Bridge Furangel, Chessa Bella. Well, all of my beautiful Rainbow Bridge kitties deserve a whole page just to themselves....sniff, sniff.

Logan
12-12-2001, 09:25 PM
I'm so glad to finally see Mr. B added to the long list of lovely and loving kitties!!! :D Sandra, Butter is most often called "Buddy" too! I love the expression on his little face when I talk to him. He watches me so carefully. But still :rolleyes: , Mr. Butter aka Buddy does not qualify for this post!!! :D

gini
12-12-2001, 10:04 PM
This topic touched a nerve, but I haven't had time to add my own post. My Mr. Magic was my perfect angel. I was showered with love and affection and many many head butts for thirteen years and I lost him to cancer.

He was a stray that wandered into the yard and he was determined to live with me and when he realized that he could, I think he was so grateful that he just was very quiet and good. When he received his collar with his name tag on it, he stood there as quiet as could be when I put it on him. I swear that he strutted around after that - he was so proud of it.

His little sister "Patches" was always up to something and she was a naughty cat. Magic used to go up to her and swat her gently as if to say "BEHAVE."

I have always loved my kitties dearly, but Magic stole my heart.

Former User
12-13-2001, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by thelmalu99:
<STRONG>

Same here, LOL!
Calm, quiet, well-behaved kitties? Sorry, don't know anything about THAT. Lately, I have been locking my boys out of my room at night because they just will not let me sleep. They start running around, chasing each other in the middle of the night, making a huge racket! Sounds as if there are horses galloping through my room! I feel guilty, but hey, I need my sleep! (And I'm sure that the lady downstairs does, too!) :rolleyes:</STRONG>

Yeah, we do the same, C&K are locked in the bathroom for the night. And they don't mind it at all. They sleep longer now and we sleep longer now, and everyone's happy :D

Former User
12-13-2001, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Cat:
<STRONG>It's also always very usefull to play with them before bedtime.</STRONG>

We do this yes, take the laser pen, play with their mices etc. and it makes a difference, nice and peaceful when they are all worn out :D

yorkster
12-13-2001, 04:52 PM
Oh Gini.....your story about Mr. Magic reminds of my big, gentle, boy, Kedi (aka Boo-Boo).
He too was a stray, and was soooo desparate for love and attention that he has been quite an angel (well, he has had his moments). When you were telling about putting his collar on, it reminded me of my kitty so much. He just loves his collars, and does the little 'strut' thing too. He especially likes the ones with the little bells on them!

tatsxxx- your Mr. B is just beautiful! Looks alot like my kitty, M. Coon/Himilayen mix, and just a lover-boy!

tatsxxx11
12-13-2001, 04:58 PM
Thanks Yorkster! He is a big, beautiful mush bucket. I forget to meniton, among his other loving traits, is his passion for primping on all the other furry ones. Ear washing, total body lick down and even paw pads are included in the total service! :D

shais_mom
12-14-2001, 01:23 AM
Here is my quiet Angel, Kylie. She's my beautiful angel in white.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/016/la/Ac/j4/6W66718.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/006/IV/lV/nA/4Z65639.jpg

and
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/LC/av/jv/mX68696.jpg

[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: shais_mom ]

tatsxxx11
12-14-2001, 05:19 AM
Staci, I think there's another "romance "budding." My Buddy is awe struck with her beauty! :eek:

Logan
12-14-2001, 08:12 AM
Yeah!! I knew this list wouldn't be complete without Kylie!!!! :D

NoahsMommy
12-20-2001, 05:30 PM
Hi! We is so gooood, we donnt knows whats mommie saids about us, but we are goood...see?
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/041/Xm/si/5k/Ss87095.jpg

NoahsMommy
12-21-2001, 03:34 PM
What?? How did their pictures get in the "good kitty" section????? :D

I bet Ernie is a sweetie! How is he doing Spencer?

4 feline house
12-21-2001, 03:56 PM
Noel is so beautiful! I just love torties and callies!

shais_mom
12-22-2001, 01:56 AM
Sandra! Kylie is up for having a boyfriend! As long as she can take some looooooong weekends, so she can get away from this annoying puppy!!
:) :D :) :D
She needs a vacation!

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: shais_mom ]