PDA

View Full Version : Keegan meets Rocky

shais_mom
08-02-2004, 12:17 PM
A friend of mine from work, the one I mentioned in Dog Memorial awhile ago, has gotten another Golden! http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50238
(the other girl mentioned in the thread also got a new border collie puppy about a month ago, his name is TJ for Topper Junior and he is adorable!!!)
She got him from Golden Endings in Columbus OH. His name is Rocky. He is 3 years old. So hopefully Keegan and Rocky can become good friends b/c they are about the same age. He has no fear of people, but is a little territorial with other dogs. He can barked and growled/snapped at Keegan but with her 'practice' of putting up with or taking care of "biznis" (:rolleyes: ) at the dog park, she didn't back down, and they got along just peachy. He did the same thing with one of our Dr's French Bulldogs but b/c of their size they didn't let them go too far. Keegan shouldn't have any trouble with him b/c she outweighs him!!!
There are some pics of me and Keegan, that I think turned out horribly. I look so bad. ickkky But don't look at me look at Keegan!!! I could use the excuse that I had just gotten up but I don't look bad from the neck up, its the neck down!!! :(
He had some allergy issues when the rescue got him so they shaved his back and it is growing back. She is going to take him to the groomer after a vet visit. The rescue said that when they got him his back looked like he had leprosy. :( Seeping open sores. :( But he is a sweetie. #'s 6,7, and 11 are my favorites. :)

If the ‘View album’ button doesn’t work, copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeoNWbNi2asSo

GoldenRetrLuver
08-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
A friend of mine from work, the one I mentioned in Dog Memorial awhile ago, has gotten another Golden!

Good choice. ;)

Awww, what cuties! Rocky's golden coloring looks similar to Daisy's. He's adorable!

I love that last picture of you and Keegan. :) We need more of her!

shais_mom
08-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Good choice. ;)

She had her heart set on another Golden, it wasn't much of a choice!!

shais_mom
08-03-2004, 11:50 PM
bump :(

lovemyshiba
08-03-2004, 11:54 PM
I love the pictures Staci!!!
Keegan looks wonderful and you do too!!!!

Rocky sure does look like a great dog--I'm so glad your friend found him!! I bet Rocky and Keegan were fast friends:)

Thank you so much for sharing this moment with all of us--I know how special it was for you, since you took the time to share it with us.
Please give Keegan a big hug and kiss from me!!

shais_mom
08-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
I love the pictures Staci!!!
Keegan looks wonderful and you do too!!!!

Rocky sure does look like a great dog--I'm so glad your friend found him!! I bet Rocky and Keegan were fast friends:)

Thank you so much for sharing this moment with all of us--I know how special it was for you, since you took the time to share it with us.
Please give Keegan a big hug and kiss from me!!
Thanks Emily and Julie! Yup I thought that PT would like to hear a hearwarming rescue story! Paula is just proud as a peacock!

lovemyshiba
08-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Thanks Emily and Julie! Yup I thought that PT would like to hear a hearwarming rescue story! Paula is just proud as a peacock!

As she should be!!!!!!

Logan
08-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Staci, I know Keegan isn't Shaianne, but she is beautiful and so "Golden". I would love to meet her one day and have you meet my three Goldens and Murphy too. Seeing her with Rocky is great!!!! I think the pictures of you and Keegan, as well as your friend and Rocky, are all wonderful!!! :)

swimma253
08-04-2004, 08:18 AM
aww!! Great pictures!

Im glad your friend got another pup! :D

shais_mom
08-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Staci, I know Keegan isn't Shaianne, but she is beautiful and so "Golden". I would love to meet her one day and have you meet my three Goldens and Murphy too. Seeing her with Rocky is great!!!! I think the pictures of you and Keegan, as well as your friend and Rocky, are all wonderful!!! :)

Your right Logan, Keegan isn't Shaianne, and I learned very quickly when I first got Keegan to not compare the 2. They each have/had a reason for being in my life and a very very special place in my heart. Shaianne was my soul dog/heart dog. Keegan is definatly a heart dog too, how can any of them not be? She's my velcro dog. She has brought me such joy and laughter and tears that I wouldn't trade her for anything! :)

And I would love to meet your crew too!!! :p

anna_66
08-04-2004, 12:41 PM
What a great story and some great pictures to go along with it!

Kisses to Keegan!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2004, 12:58 PM
:D

W;)W! Rocky is a Handsome Dawggie!!

Hey Keegan ~

Didja invite Rocky up to da Dawg Park at Findlay??

Wunder if he can make it on Memorial Day Sunday??
ASK his Mom iffin he can come wiff ya!

Kfamr
08-04-2004, 11:21 PM
What gorgeous Goldens! :D

I love the pictures with the "hoominz" -- Thanks for sharing Staci! :)

RobiLee
08-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Awww, Rocky is gorgeous and of course Keegan is lovely as ever. What a great story, Staci.

Robin :)

zippy-kat
08-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Hey! I can't decided who's the prettiest redhead in the bunch. ;)

Kisses to Keegiemonster!