PDA

View Full Version : I just need to do this.

Tina
08-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I think I'm going take a break from Pet Talk for awhile. I know I haven't been really posting that much anyways. I just have been feeling yucky here lately. I just do not feel good about myself anymore I feel like I do not belong here or anywhere else.

I feel like I have had nothing but disappointment in my life for the last 2 months or so. It seems like everytime I turn around something is going wrong. Between Josie passing away and giving up one of my cats. I didn't tell anyone cause I thought people would be mad. I ended up giving my mom and dad one of our kittens. He does have a good home now and he is very spoiled and happy. They changed his name from Bandit to Butler.
The reason I gave him up is I just felt I could not take care of so many cats. We recently just had another kitten come here that someone must have dumped off. I knew there was no way I could take care of 3 kittens at the same time.

I just do not feel like a very good pet owner. Since I am wanting another dog but gave away the kitten. I know alot of you are thinking well you can't take care of 3 kittens you can't take care of 3 dogs. Actually we could have kept all 3 kittens but it would taken awhile to get them all spayed and neutered. I didn't want take any chances. The two kittens I have will be spayed soon though.

And plus trying to find another puppy or dog to adopt has gotten me nothing but down. It seems like either they have done been adopted, not good with kids, dogs or cats. I am just about ready give up on that for now also. I know the right puppy/dog will come along.

Anyways if anyone wants to get ahold of me you can email at [email protected]

I doubt if anyone will miss me anyways, I will also keep my PM box on.

Well bye for now.

robinh
08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
I will MISS you! :(

I know you've had a hard couple of months. Pretty shocking couple of months. I think you've kept your spirits up pretty well considering. I understand you need time to work through it all. You can PM me if you want. I'm available to listen if you just want to unload a little of what you're feeling.

swimma253
08-02-2004, 11:18 AM
aww... you shouldnt have to feel that way. :( I know how it feels to lose a pet. I've never actually had a pet pass away... but I have had to give up my beloved baby GSD Jed... to someone who lives in Maine.Ive never seen him since. :(Read his story Here. (http://www.webspawner.com/users/meeka4/index.html) But I understand if you feel that you need to take a break from Pet Talk. I hope you feel better soon!Remember.. we will all be awaiting your arrival back! :)

Carly

Tonya
08-02-2004, 11:21 AM
I will miss you! You have to do what is best for you and your family. I hope you feel better soon. We'll be waiting for you.

I personally, am much more of a dog person then cat person. I feel less overwhelmed taking care of several dogs then several cats. Everyone is different. You are not a irresponsible pet owner. You found the kitten a good home. An irresponsible pet owner would have dumped it off at a kill shelter or the side of the road.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-02-2004, 11:22 AM
I'll miss you, Tina. :(

You're not a bad pet owner. I'm know you've been having soo much disappointment in your life right now, but I'm sure it'll get better; trust me.

If you want to reach me, or just talk about anything, I'll be here. You can always PM me, and I think you have my Yahoo and MSN emails.

Take care, okay? :)

primabella
08-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Take a break if you need to.. I took a break awhile back because stress from school was just too much for me. You're going through some hard times now but keep your chin up. I hope during this break, you'll clear some things up with yourself. Sending some positive thoughts your way.. :)

I'll miss you but hopefully we can keep in touch. I'm adding you to my msn.

jenluckenbach
08-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I am sorry to hear that you are so stressed. :(

Hopefully, when you are ready, you will come back realizing that this can be a place of comfort as we all understand not only the joys of having pets in our lives, but also the sadnesses.

As for not being able to locate the right new dog for your family, maybe this will help. At one of the times I was searching for a new cat addition I kept running into obstacles of one sort or another. at least 4 times I attempted to visit a shelter or a rescue event and something very unexpected turned up to prevent adoption (or even attending!) on my 5th try, and this was during a routine vet visit, NOT a cat search trip, I mentioned my desire to adopt to the vet receptionist that I had known for years. We joked about "If I could build the perfect cat it would be......." No sooner did I return home from this vet visit did I get a phone call from the receptionist saying that she had, in her hands, the exact cat that I just described 1 hour earlier. Needelss to say, if I'd have adopted on one of those first 4 tries, Jasper the Wondercat would not be the perfect part of my family now. (sorry that was so long :o)

So anyway....hurry back!

dukedogsmom
08-02-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. I don't know what all has been going on except what you explained. Don't take yourself away from everything, though. What I'm saying is don't isolate yourself from the people in your real life that you enjoy being around. Sorry I don't know you better. I think a lot of your posts have been in the cat area where I rarely go. I hope you feel better soon and the right dog will come along. Have you checked petfinder yet? I was there yesterday and saw lots of wonderful dogs needing homes. I agree with Tonya in the fact that I would much rather take care of more puppies than kittens. They are somewhat controlable and cats do what they want :)

anna_66
08-02-2004, 09:21 PM
But if you feel you need to take a break, take one. Then come back when you are ready.

I feel like I do not belong here or anywhere else.
Please don't feel like that. You belong here just as much as the next person!

I hope things get better for you soon:)

Toller 42
08-02-2004, 09:27 PM
I'll miss you!:( please don't feel like you don't belong here, you're a great person and you belong just as much as all the other PT'ers do.

Karen
08-02-2004, 09:35 PM
When the sadness passes, as I know your heart is still heavy with the losses you've had recently, we will be here still. You will be in my prayers until you feel better enough to return. You do belong here, and we love you.

KYS
08-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I understand about taking a brake when so many
outside forces get you down.
Just come back when you feel you are ready.
(we will all be waiting)

Lillycat
08-03-2004, 06:12 AM
its hard to be in a bad patch.....take the time you need to reflect and heal.....know that many others care about you and bask in that knowledge....

ChrisH
08-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Tina, I'm sorry to hear you are battling through sad times. You will be missed, but if you feel a break from PT will help, fair enough. But please stop thinking you don't belong here, you do belong, as much as I, or any of us!
I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs
Chris

captain
08-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Of course we will miss you!!!

Never, ever let anyone tell you you are a bad pet owner, or that you could not manage 3 dogs.
YOU know the reasons why you could not cope with having the 3 kittens, and that is all that should matter!
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, you must ALWAYS do what is best for YOU!!!!

By all means, take a break, but please, PLEASE, come back.

Hugs
Michelle

pitc9
08-04-2004, 08:45 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like I do not belong here or anywhere else.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear ya!!! I felt the same a few months back, and I was gone for a while! It felt good to be away from all the postings... and waiting for people to reply to your threads .... and not to many people do. It's more than it needs to be! I'm 28 and feel like I have to belong to the "in" crowd here, and never do. :(

Do what you need to do to make yourself happy!!!

Good Luck!

tatsxxx11
08-04-2004, 12:16 PM
You know Tina, sometimes when life in general is getting us down, when we are overwhelmed by setbacks and losses, it tends to cloud all of our perceptions, about how we look, feel, how we THINK others feel about us. I'm so saddened to hear how down you're feeling right now. I know the loss of your beloived Josie was a huge blow and we all were heartbroken for her and for you. And we all will understand if you need to take a break to regroup, to heal. But, I can tell you this, I for one will miss you and very, very much. Seeing pics of the beautiful W. VA. landscape, of adorable Josie and Ginger always brought a big smile to my face and I do care, about you and your precious furbabies. Please believe that. And don't you for one second think that you're a bad furmom; nothing could be further from the truth. You did the right thing by Bandit and I applaud the courage it took for you to come to that decision and act so responsibly.. And one day, when it's meant to be, the right doggie will come along:) Never forget that you are a cherished PT'er and we are here for you, whenever you're in need of a shoulder to lean on, someone to talk to, a friend to share your feelings with. We're all freinds here and each and every one of us is special. We love you Tiina and eagerly await your return. Email me, PM anytime...I love to get "mail!";) BIG hugs to you friend. Love, Sandra

carole
08-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Tina, Sandra has put it all so well, and how many of us are feeling, we all understand if you need to take a break from PT,but please donot feel you are not wanted or don't fit in, everyone on PT has a very important contribution to make, and we will all miss you if you leave, I hope you decide to stay on, and that in time you will feel different, PT is a wonderful place, with great people who really do care, and care about you and your life.

I am also sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed by sorrow right now and with life in general, I think we can all empathise with you, as most of us have been there sometime in our lives, and when we feel this way things do become clouded as Sandra said, we just feel everything is getting on top of us and looks bad.

Just take time out if you need, step back for a while and reflect on your life where it is going and what you can do to help it go the way you want, and please do come back to PT, you will be welcomed with open arms by us all, Haere-ra for now(goodbye) and Take care of yourself, hope to see you back here soon.

P.S I don't think anyone will judge you for the decisions you have made, you know why you made them and that is all that matters, some people are very passionate about their beliefs on PT and I can understand you being hesitant to post about this, but if you are content with your decisIons that is all that matters Tina. Keep Well.!!!:)