PDA

View Full Version : The Village Movie

FizzGiggs_Mommy
08-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Has anyone seen this movie? Me and My Hubby saw it Saturday and I loved it. I just love Joaquin Phoenix in this movie.

What do you all think of this movie?

cloverfdx
08-02-2004, 10:46 AM
It has not started here yet but i want to see it as soon as it starts it looks good. :)

swimma253
08-02-2004, 11:04 AM
I Difenately DO NOT want to see it! I dont care who is in it! It looks scary... and I HATE scary movies!:mad: They make me so scared... (duh.. lol) that I cant sleep. I get nightmares! (I know Im a big baby!)

FizzGiggs_Mommy
08-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Its more of a Love :eek: story!

GoldenRetrLuver
08-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I saw it the first day it came out. I was looking forward to seeing it when I heard they were making it!

It's one of the those movies where you shouldn't read the book before seeing the movie, because it ruins the suspence, you know what's going to happen, etc.

I thought it was very good, and the acting was awesome. It wasn't scary at all, but there were a few parts where the audience "jumped" out of their seats. ;)

I figured out the whole "plot" between the villagers halfway through the movie, hehe. If you see the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about. ;)

Go see it! You'll enjoy it! :)

swimma253
08-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Lol I cant even handle somthing a LITTLE scary!

Example: I got scared of Scary Movie 3!!! :confused::rolleyes:

G.P.girl
08-02-2004, 11:33 AM
i haven't seen it yet, but i want to soooo bad, i'm hoping to go see it with some friends before i go on vacation....it looks really good. and i love scary movies even though they make me scared at night somtimes. lol:rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
08-02-2004, 11:53 AM
I didn't want to see it because 1- I am just not a movie person, and 2- I really don't care for scary movies. Justin wants to see it tho. I will probably see it now, since all of you liked it and said it isn't too scary.

Poor Justin, I hardly ever go to the movies with him. He usually goes with a friend, or one of his sisters, or my sister, or even sometimes by himself.

slleipnir
08-02-2004, 12:35 PM
I liked it :) The ending was odd though..

RICHARD
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
I loved all the concert footage.

I wasn't a fan of the Village People until recently!!

:confused: ;)

heinz57_79
08-02-2004, 12:53 PM
I want to see the Village! It looks awesome! But if you want to talk freaky movies, check out The Grudge! I saw the trailer and the TRAILER gave me goosebumps!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thegrudge/

GoldenRetrLuver
08-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
I want to see the Village! It looks awesome! But if you want to talk freaky movies, check out The Grudge! I saw the trailer and the TRAILER gave me goosebumps!

OMG! That looks *soooo* good! :D

Another one to put on my list of "movies to see". ;)

chrissycat21
08-02-2004, 01:01 PM
I want to see The Village! But I would probably freak out. I got scared watching Signs....lol

-Chrissy

cocker_luva
08-02-2004, 02:02 PM
i liked it, the twist was very unexpected. (well not really. :rolleyes: ) :D

G.P.girl
08-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79

ooooo, that looks scary!

G.P.girl
08-02-2004, 05:26 PM
without giving away any of the movie could someone tell me if the mvie was about satanism or witchcraft? cause my mom won't let me seee it if it is. :rolleyes:

FizzGiggs_Mommy
08-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
without giving away any of the movie could someone tell me if the mvie was about satanism or witchcraft? cause my mom won't let me seee it if it is. :rolleyes:

NO NO nothing like that. It is a love story with a weird twist to it. It has nothing to do with witchcraft or satanism or nothing like that!

You have to see it it is great!!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
08-02-2004, 06:41 PM
What is weird is this movie was filmed in Covington Pa and I just so happen to be moving to a town very close to Covington.

G.P.girl
08-02-2004, 06:55 PM
ok thanks, i'm so excited now, cause i just got a gift certificate for my birthday and now i can go see it without having to steal from my savings:cool: :rolleyes:

KYS
08-02-2004, 07:05 PM
I was almost afraid to post. lol
I saw the movie this weekend.
It was good but not as good as I was expecting.
Their is a twist at the end.
I give it my KYS "B-" rating.

HollandLoppy89
08-02-2004, 10:02 PM
OHHH i want to see the village sooo bad! Alot of the people are like "It's not even scary! It's the stupidest movie ever!" But those people aren't like me...I like scary movies but If they are suspensceful that suits me fine too! I want to see this movie like you wouldn't believe!!!!

bluekat
08-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Ohhh my favorite movies are horror movies:D I wanted to see the Village when I first saw the commercial. I want to see it so bad still:D I think I'll try to see it sometime this week.

Whenever I watch a scary movie I get very scared for like 2 weeks then after awhile I'm ok lol. But I still love them.

HoRsELUvR
08-03-2004, 09:46 AM
I saw it a few days ago and liked it.I like watching scary movies but I always regret watching them at night becuase that's when I think about them and it makes them seem scarier.
Actually, most of the Village wasn't too scary.:)

RICHARD
01-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I just saw this movie last night....

I woke up at 3 a.m. and popped it into the machine.

A great movie.

I can usually figure out the ending of a movie or the plot twist.

This one kept me in suspense until the end.

It was well done, well cast and better than "Signs".
Signs was more about the people than the monsters/aliens.

The Village is more about people being the monsters.

If Shamylan keep his wits about him and doesn't fall into the Mega-hit way of thinking, he'll continue to make great movies.

christa
01-23-2005, 04:51 PM
I didn't really like it. Pretty disappointing to me for some reason.

mina'smomma
01-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I absolutely loved this movie. It wasn't all that scarey, but I loved the love twist in it.:D

Aspen and Misty
01-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I LOVED the Village!!

It was so great! And sad at the same time. How odd though. Wouldn't it be weird if it was true :eek:

Ashley