PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary - Who is Horace Greeley???

Edwina's Secretary
08-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Dear Diary,

Who is Horace Greeley and WHY did he say "Go west, young man, go west?"

Curly and Blondie just bought a house and we are moving....to Southern California. People keep coming to our house and it makes Blondie sad. But she says it will be an adventure! We will live by the ocean so I think I will be....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p8cba83db87f9db32c05f1814339cd6d5/f83dc7fd.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p1968e181f248de70b48307863ab3855b/f7992ab3.jpg

HH bought a brand new rain hat....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/pd22c3c8f32ac9d52314b4774fc1e534d/f83dc818.jpg
Only to find out..."it never rains in California, girl don't they warn ya..."
So she has decided to try another SoCal look....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p021dcf1cfd4fbcbe649a2c76c7bc7da7/f942e71b.jpg

Sunnily,

Eddie

catmandu
08-02-2004, 09:59 AM
That will be an adventure Edwina,and in California,you can go outside,all yeasr long,as it does not get cold,as it does in Chicago! And I can visit you there,when I open in Vegas! JJJ3

catmandu
08-02-2004, 10:00 AM
And Horace Geeley,was a New York City Columnist,who realized the vast potential,in the American West!

Killearn Kitties
08-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Oh Eddie, how exciting!! You will be the most handsome lifeguard in the whole state!! (Do any of you UK people remember Kenny Everett's "handsome lifeguard" sketch?)

I would be sad too if I were your secretary - leaving that BEAUTIFUL house? Why? Tell all!

Killearn Kitties
08-02-2004, 10:27 AM
... and tell Miss Edwina "... it pours. Man, it pours."
So her lovely hat will come in handy!

lizzielou742
08-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Literally laughing out loud here! Eddie and Edwina, you guys are SO CUTE!!! I laughed so obviously, I almost got busted for checking out the internet at work! I love the one of Edwina in her rain hat. Best wishes for your move!! Can't wait to see pics of Eddie and Edwina in their new California digs!

Barbara
08-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah Eddie, we will love you starring in Baywatch:D

And Edwina, be warned: one day I'll come for a visit and I am a rainmaker. I even made rain the only day I was in Death Valley :D

catlover4ever
08-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Oh Eddie...you make the most handsome lifeguard and Edwina your rain hat will come in handy (it does rain sometimes).

Freckles
08-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Did anyone ever guess that Gini's Barbecue would cause people to move to California?:)

jazzcat
08-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Eddie you can be my lifeguard any time and Edwina you look so lovely and ready for California.

I was so hoping to get to meet you some day soon because I have a brother who lives in South Barrington and I may be taking my father up for a visit. Now I'll have to wait until a CA trip is in the works.

Best of luck on your move.

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Eddie,

My mom and I are happy to hear your news! I can assure you that you, lovely Edwina, and the rest of your family will love Southern California and living near the beach. You make a very handsome lifeguard, as well, but be sure to wear sunscreen on your cute pink nose.

I hope that your move goes smoothly and perhaps one day we can meet.
your SoCal friend,
Kona

wolflady
08-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Freckles
Did anyone ever guess that Gini's Barbecue would cause people to move to California?:)

LOL LOL ;)

To the E's...I know this will be an adventure for both of you, and please know that you have a lot of friends in this big state of California!!
Eddie, don't forget your blankee...;)
Miz Edwina, be sure to pack all of your hats!
I think we should throw a Party when you all arrive!!!! Marius couldn't believe the news that Edwina was coming!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Gosh, E & E what an adventure you will have. Just think of the new outfits that will be available to you: tons of swim wear; not for swimming, just for looking "cool". Lots of sun hats!

Don't forget to take some sun screen for your cute little noses!:D

AmberLee
08-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Dear Eddie,

I am so sorry that Blondie is sad, but it must be hard to leave such a wonderful house that she has made into a beautiful home. But for me, I'm delighted to have you all in my timezone and my home state.

Welcome!
Welcome!
Welcome!

I hope you will all come to love it here as I do.

Warm regards,
Aunt Amber
Cousin Cassy
Cousin Livvy

P.S. Welcome some more!!!

nibblets
08-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Eddie you are a dashing Lifeguard...all the girls will be swooning over you!

I can't wait to see Miss Edwina in a bikini and shades! :D

Cataholic
08-02-2004, 02:58 PM
E and E,
I think you two will learn to love California! Plus, Blondie will be in her element, as a blonde. :D While it is hard for me to imagine you living in a home as beautiful as the one you inhabit now, I can only hope it will be true.

catcrazylady
08-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Oh my dearest Eddie, if I saw you one the beach in that lifegaurd outfit I swear I would pretend to drown just so you could rescue me! What a handsome lifeguard you will be on the sunny beaches!!
HH if I saw you on the beach with those blonde curls and hat I think Eddie would probably have to really rescue me!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Good Luck to all on your move!!

catmandu
08-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Now you can meet Richards Eddie!

Russian Blue
08-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Oh my dearest Eddie, if I saw you one the beach in that lifegaurd outfit I swear I would pretend to drown just so you could rescue me! What a handsome lifeguard you will be on the sunny beaches!!......................Good Luck to all on your move!!

*sigh* I love the E's. Wishing you and your hoomans a very safe move. How exciting!

:)

Barbara
08-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Now you can meet Richards Eddie!

And maybe they agree on politics- both of them won't appreciate Arnie's attitude towards pets;) :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Oh Eddie, you are such an adorable lifeguard! And Edwina, does this mean you will be taking on the persona of one of those "valley girls?" Like..gag me! ;) :D

I know your mewomy is sad Eddie, but now that it's final and the new house has been bought, you must really be nice to all those people that come through and show them what a special house you have now - and how accomodating it is to kitties. ;)

It will definitely be an adventure, and I'll miss you terribly, sweet Eddie. :( But I'm sure your meowmy will document all your adventures for us here on PT, so at least I'll still get to see you and Edwina.

Who was to know that when your adventures on the street were over, your adventures in travel were only just beginning......;)

Vermontcat
08-03-2004, 11:08 AM
How exciting!:D
The E's are going to be California Kitties soon!
When is the big moving day?
How do you plan to get your cats there?
Please keep us posted on the travelling adventures of the E's!:)

Now I know why the Mystery Guest was at Gini's BBQ.

ramanth
08-03-2004, 11:48 AM
I'll miss you, lovely E's. Your new outfits are adorable and I hope you enjoy your new home in Sunny CA. :)

Randi
08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Eddie, you look absolutely gorgeous in your lifeguard gear - I LOVE that second picture!! :p

And Edwina, you look SO sweet in your rainhat, and you're a star in your posh flower hat. :cool: I'm sure you'll both be chased by Hollywood filmmakers. ;)

Enjoy the sunshine in your lovely new garden! :)

AmberLee
08-03-2004, 02:39 PM
:D :D :D

... I wish they ALL could be California CAAAAAAATS....

:D :D :D

Welcome to Calif, sweet Es. When do you move to your new home?

kimlovescats
08-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Oh wow, I can't believe you are selling your beautiful home! No wonder you are sad showing to others!:(

Well, I am sure you will have a beautiful place by the ocean, and the E's will live in luxury on the sunny banks of California!:D

slick
08-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Don't worry E's. The move will be fine and maybe Blondie can bring you to the BBQ next year and you can flaunt your new garb.

kuhio98
08-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Well, I guess it was just a matter of time before Hollywood discovered Edwina and Eddie. All those years of starring in a "Pet Talk Production" have certainly paid off.

Please don't go Hollywood on us. We like your nosy's just the way they are. No enhancements or reductions are needed. You're beautiful just the way you are.

Please drop us little people a line from time-to-time from your new local. Have a safe and pleasant trip. :D

captain
08-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Eddie,
You can rescue me anytime ..............

Edwina,
Divine, simply divine ...........:D

Vio&Juni
08-04-2004, 11:19 AM
A house in California? Wow!

Eddie, what a handsome lifeguard you are!

AmberLee
08-04-2004, 02:37 PM
When is the ETAoE? (Estimated Time of Arrival of Es)

:D :p :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-05-2004, 09:50 PM
At this time, we anticipate ETAoE to be the end of September. At this time, we plan to drive out to Cali with the Es and the HD (Harley).

Of course...alll of this in nerve-wrackingly dependent on our success in selling our current house!

AmberLee
08-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh BOY! Oh JOY!! Sara and the Es will be here soon!

HaPpY DaNcInG!!!

{{{hugs}}} and crossed fingers and paws that things go smoothly (or as smoothly as a move can go :rolleyes: ) and stress free.

lynnestankard
08-06-2004, 06:19 AM
Oh! Oh! What happened???

You are all going together aren't you? I must have missed something while I was away!! At least your travelling with Meowmie and Pawpaw - thank goodness!!

Please keep your own 'peculiar' cattish outlook on life - don't go all 'movies' on us - pleeeeeeasssse!!

Lynne

popcornbird
08-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Popcorn and Muffin would like to welcome the E's to the Golden State. They say they believe the E's will like it here. After all, there aren't many places on the planet with California's perfect weather, climate, beaches, etc., perfect for a kitty as elegant as Edwina!!! :D

I can't imagine you leaving your beautiful house either, but I hope you'll have something even nicer in CA. Good luck on the move!