PDA

View Full Version : My grandma had a stroke last Sunday

teenster3
08-01-2004, 11:32 PM
I haven't been on here lately. Partly due to computer problems & the other reason is, I found out my grandma has a brain tumor.:(
She has been having mini strokes in her sleep for quite a while now, not knowing.
She has to have ink injected in her groin area on Tuesday, to help find a blood vessel so the doctor can move it & eliminate paralization to my grandma's ride side of her body. On Wednesday she has surgery on her brain to remove the tumor.
The doctor said she is 90% cancer free so I'm hoping this is a good sign! Agh.....it's all so scary right now. She's been having a hard time with speaking, walking, & she can't move her right arm. My grandma is 79 & has never had a surgery in her whole life. She's pretty scared to have it but hopes everything will turn out for the better. She's feeling pretty out of it too with the 5 drugs they gave her....she's never taken prescription drugs before.
So with this news & my dad starting radiation in September....I'm feeling pretty down lately!
:( If you can spare some time to say a prayer or just think of them for even a minute......it would mean a great deal to me & my family right now!!!!!!:)
Thank You,
Tina

Twisterdog
08-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Very frightening indeed. My thoughts and prayers will be you and your family.

My mom had a stroke two weeks after her heart surgery. It was horrible. She did, however, improve significantly over a period of weeks.

carole
08-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Tina I am so sorry to hear this news, how awful for you, it is always so hard to watch a loved one go through these things, I wish your grandmother lots of good luck for her surgery and that she will recover well, its going to be tough, and remember you can lean on us all here at PT anytime you feel like it.
Hugs and positive vibes being sent your way for your grandmother, and the rest of your family., you will be in my thoughts.

binka_nugget
08-02-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm so sorry! :( I can only imagine how you feel. My grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer, my other grandma fell and hit her head and had to have surgury, and now my mom found a lump as well. It's scary to see them go through this stuff. I hope all goes well and that she recovers quickly.

kimlovescats
08-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Prayers coming for your grandma, dad and your whole family! Try to stay strong and keep the faith, I know this has to be a very stressful time for you!!!! :(

(((HUGS)))

Kim;)

davidpizzica
08-02-2004, 01:40 AM
Tina, I know the anxiety of waiting for surgery. But, believe me, you can draw strengh from EVERY PTer OUT HERE! I'm scheduled or surgery on wednesday also. I know how down you are right now, but every PTer has a prayer for you!

heinz57_79
08-02-2004, 02:00 AM
Tina, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how terrible cancer can be. Best thing you can do is be strong. I'm sure she's doing the same. We'll have you in our thoughts.

Lillycat
08-02-2004, 03:21 AM
this is a heavy time for you right now.keep the faith. prayers to you and your family.

tatsxxx11
08-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Oh Tina...I will certainly be keeping your dear Gandma in my prayers...Surgery is so scary, no matter our age. Try and keep your chin up and be strong for her. She's very lucky to have such a caring and loving grandaughter. I'll be thinking of your Dad too. Please keep us update on them both. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

anna_66
08-02-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this:(

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen
08-02-2004, 09:39 PM
You and your family will be in my prayers. Tell your Grandma that I've had brain surgery (the tumor I had is called an acoustic neuroma), and while it isn't anything I'd want to do again, it wasn't as bad as some folks feared. Get her really cool, fun slippers - I had giant tiger slippers, and they were the talk of the floor when I began shuffling around, relearning to walk. It just made that part more fun.

teenster3
08-02-2004, 10:41 PM
hahaha...
That's a great idea....cool looking slippers! Also, something to keep her mind off her troubles!:)
Thanks everyone, I will keep you posted!
I'm taking her to the hospital in the morning. She has to have another MRI done & have the ink injected then.

Tonya
08-02-2004, 10:59 PM
I hope that your grandmother gets well soon. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jazzcat
08-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Tina I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep her, you and your family in my prayers.

I think the slippers are a great idea too!

stacwase
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm sending prayers, too. For your grandmother and for you. Hang in there.

ChrisH
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Tina, will be including your grandma in my prayers.

Hugs
Chris