PDA

View Full Version : Guess whats at the Ogbenburg's (NY) Wal-Mart??

kingrattus
08-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Its SO funny, I could help but point it out & laugh my brains out. I thought Rob & Tom were joking when they told me this, But it was true.

First off I'm not from the USA, I'm in Canada, duh. & I've never been to that Wal-Mart, but we go to the Burger King there several times a year (just because we can, we have a burger King a block away heheh).

Well they have a place to tie up ur horse & cariage to!!! I could't stop laughing & people couldn't stop stareing at me as if I was nutz!! Also the Wal-Mart was different inside.

Aspen and Misty
08-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Alot of stores around here have that also, but I live close to Omish (SP) country!

Ashley :D

kingrattus
08-01-2004, 08:24 PM
The guys said they've seen Omish people on the side of the interstate selling pickles. Not far from the Gas station where they not only sell gas, but guns & beer!!!!!!!!!!!! We've even seen a confederate flag on this guys house. I was told that those flages are bad, those people support slavery, which I'm highley against.

My friends black african father was a slave & his white canadian mother took him to canada to save him.

sirrahved
08-01-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm from hard core Amish country. My grandfather and cousins (who are farmers) have very close relationships with all of the Amish around. Very often when you go to Leppink's (the local grocery store) there will be a horse and buggy tied outside. This is something I grew up with... it doesn't seem strange to me at all!

heinz57_79
08-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus

My friends black african father was a slave & his white canadian mother took him to canada to save him.

Wow! How old is your friend's father?? And where was he a slave in this day and age??

kingrattus
08-01-2004, 09:14 PM
My friend would be about 20 by now, haven't seen him in about 8 years.

There r still black slaves, even in the usa & probley in canada. Its just not seen & its 100% illegal here & the usa, & its not only blacks, its all kinds of people, including children.

Its just like the child sex trade u don't hear of in Thailand (sp), or atleast I don't hear much about it at all.

The black african slaves can stop being slaves if they get a piece of paper stating their not allowed to be a slave. I don't know if this has changed, but I was taught this in school atleast 8 years ago & my friend & him mom told me about it.. apparently his father has scars all over his back. I never met his father, he lived in Toronto making lots of money supporting the family (his mom was too ill to work). They also told me his older brother was almost caught to become a slave, but he got away.

Amber
08-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I've seen those too. There for the Amish.

shais_mom
08-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
I'm from hard core Amish country. My grandfather and cousins (who are farmers) have very close relationships with all of the Amish around. Very often when you go to Leppink's (the local grocery store) there will be a horse and buggy tied outside. This is something I grew up with... it doesn't seem strange to me at all!

same here

Aspen and Misty
08-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved

Yea, normal every day life!

Ash :D

kingrattus
08-02-2004, 12:49 AM
I've never seen one in canada & neither have any of my friends