PDA

View Full Version : Best In Show...

heinz57_79
08-01-2004, 06:07 PM
This is kind of random, but I'm sitting here watching Best In Show and I think it's so funny cuz I've seen people get that neurotic about their dogs. I mean, I love my pets, but a psychiatrist??? the couple with the neurotic Weimmeraner (sp?)... HYSTERICAL! :D Even tho this movie is a spoof, it's really kind of accurate in a scary kind of way.

Anyone have any really neurotic pet owner/show dog stories? :)

primabella
08-01-2004, 06:30 PM
No stories here but I have to say that I loved that movie! :D

"God bless the terrier, the Norwhich terrier.." LOL

cocker_luva
08-01-2004, 06:47 PM
LOL, i liked the movie too. i was confused when i first saw it. :)

KYS
08-01-2004, 06:59 PM
I thought the movie was so funny.
That Norwhich was a cutie pie.
And yes the the couple with the neurotic Weimmeraner
were a pair of nuts. lol (at least the wife was)

chocolatepuppy
08-01-2004, 07:26 PM
I think my Lacey is neurotic but instead of getting her a psychiatrist 'I' take medication.:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by primabella

"God bless the terrier, the Norwhich terrier.." LOL

God made Norwich merrier, merrier, by giving it the Terrier, Terrier... :D

Toller 42
08-01-2004, 09:31 PM
I thought the movie was okay but I liked watching it because of the dogs, the actors weren't great. I'd have to watch it again to enjoy it i think, the day I watched it I was busy and thinking of too many things at once so I don't think I concentrated very well on the movie.

lovemyshiba
08-01-2004, 10:06 PM
That is one of my favorite movies!!! I love it!!
I've asked some show people, and they said the characters are more accurate than you'd think too!!

I love the couple with the weimeraner--when they can't find the busy bee, and she yells at the hotel manager, and goes to the pet store and yells at the guy too--hilarious~~
And the couple with the terrier--they are so funny too--the guy has 2 left feet!!
And the guy with the bloodhound is great--he's the one who wrote the movie, and I just love the dog!!

Best part--Fred Willard as the announcer--he is a riot!!!

EssTer
08-02-2004, 05:27 AM
I've seen that movie, and I dont like it at all :) Thought I liked that husky, that won in best in group!

RobiLee
08-02-2004, 06:43 AM
I haven't seen this movie. Now I will have to go and rent it so I can see what you all are talking about. ;)

Robin :)

cloverfdx
08-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Go Mr Winky the Terrier, i love that little dog. :D I thought Hubert the Bloodhound was great also. Some of the human characters were nuts though.

There was a lady in our Obedience class Sunday with a weimeraner and they had been to a dog show the day before, the woman was a bit odd ;).

primabella
08-02-2004, 11:58 AM
God made Norwich merrier, merrier, by giving it the Terrier, Terrier...

Are those the real words? I could have sworn they weere what I had put.. unless you were continuing it..? LOL

Emily, Fred Willard made me laugh so much. He just wouldn't shut up.. :p

Hehehe I like how the owners of the Weim both wore braces, lol. It was just such a funny touch to it cause they always had something shining in their teeth. :D

heinz57_79
08-02-2004, 12:37 PM
I always like Rhapsody in White, the Standard poodle, who went by Butch. LoL When she won best in group, the announcer's going, "That is one happy fella!" "THat's a woman." " What?? Ohhhhh...." Then the 2 gay guys up in the hotel room watching when the handler runs over to the owner.... "Hellooooo" LOL :D

pitc9
08-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Robin, I'm with you!! I'll have to rent it!!

Uabassoon
08-02-2004, 01:52 PM
I think it's a great movie. I really think though that you need to be a little older to understand some of the humor in it. The movie is hilarious I laugh so hard everytime I see it, it just not so much slap stick comedy. I also think all of the actors are just great.

heinz57_79
08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I think it's a great movie. I really think though that you need to be a little older to understand some of the humor in it. The movie is hilarious I laugh so hard everytime I see it, it just not so much slap stick comedy. I also think all of the actors are just great.

A lot of the humour is kind of subtle. The younger members of PT may not catch on to a lot of it right away, but the older members should find it pretty funny. :)