PDA

View Full Version : One ear smaller then the other?

Tonya
08-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I just noticed something on the Old Retriever...one ear is significantly smaller then the other ear. I didn't notice at first because her long hair kind of hides it. It doesn't look cut, it looks like it stopped growing when she was a pup. She seems to be deaf. She doesn't respond to barks, voices, or whistles. She does respond to claps.

Anyways, have you ever seen such a thing?

cocker_luva
08-01-2004, 05:34 PM
nope never. it might be a hereditary problem. the deafness might just be because shes old.

heinz57_79
08-01-2004, 05:41 PM
If she responds to claps, she's not totally deaf. Selective hearing, maybe. Maybe she just wanted to watch you make a food of yourself whistling, barking, etc. :) If she didn't respond to anything except a thud on the floor (vibrations) then I'd think she were deaf. The smaller ear may just be something that didn't develop properly in the womb. But it may have nothing to do with her being able to hear you.

Tonya
08-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
If she responds to claps, she's not totally deaf. Selective hearing, maybe. Maybe she just wanted to watch you make a food of yourself whistling, barking, etc. :) If she didn't respond to anything except a thud on the floor (vibrations) then I'd think she were deaf. The smaller ear may just be something that didn't develop properly in the womb. But it may have nothing to do with her being able to hear you.

Haha, yeah, she's probably just trying to make a fool of me. :D She'll occasionally turn her head when I shout, but for the most part she doesn't. I bet she is just hard of hearing.