PDA

View Full Version : Josie, my foster kitten.....

jenluckenbach
08-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Is a boy :eek:

I never looked. I assumed the lady who had them KNEW what she had. They were certainly old enough to tell.

So he is now redubbed Joseph. :o

christa
08-01-2004, 03:58 PM
OH NO!!! Poor little guy . . . he's gonna have an identity crisis now!

Give "Joe" a *rub* from me and my Josie!

By the way, I always call my Josie "Joes" and people think she's a boy. It might go either way, just depends on who you're talking to. Wasn't there a cowboy named Outlaw Josie Wales?

Kirsten
08-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Ohh! :o

Well, I think Josie would be okay for a boy as well... Or what about Joey? It sounds almost alike...

Kirsten

Tonya
08-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Haha! I've told this story before about my childhood cat, Smurf. She was a stray that we'd taken in. My mom wasn't much of a vet person. She's more of the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" type. Anyways, I think we had Smurf for about 5 years or so before she contracted FIV. When we took her to the vet to be put to sleep, lo and behold, we found out Smurf was actually a neutered male. I think we were so in shock about it that we hardly even mourned her death. (See, to this day, I refer to Smurf as her. lol. Or sometimes when I think about it, I call her IT. I can't bring myself to refer to her as a he.)

jenluckenbach
08-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Well, get this................I have been grooming a cat since 1994 named Chelsea. Her card was marked female as I expected it would be from the name. Just last week Chelsea came into the shop. She had lost a LOT of weight due to age related problems and for the first time Ii noticed that Chelsea is a BOY!! (I don't think the owners knew either :D )

Tonya
08-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Haha, Well I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person!

kimlovescats
08-01-2004, 04:58 PM
*snicker, snicker* ..... well, I'm sure he doesn't mind, and Joseph is a wonderful biblical name!!!:D

catlady1945
08-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Ha, ha, I can identify. Our tom cat was Ella until the day he died.

jazzcat
08-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Oops.:D

I think a quick change to Joseph will never be noticed by the little boy.

catmandu
08-02-2004, 09:56 AM
My Cat Joseph,is so Happy that there will be another Cat,called Joseph,at the Partee,and he promises to share his Whiskas Temptationd,usually the treat of HH Edwina!But he says that they can share!

smokey the elder
08-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Someone dropped off a young (6 months) cat at Petsmart in March. I couldn't see any "bits" so figured it was female and named her Lily. I took "her" to be spayed, and the vet told me "she" was a neutered MALE!!:eek: So HE became Billy, and was quickly adopted.:)

wolflady
08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
LOL LOL Too funny! We had this happen at the vet's office when I was working there. A client came in to have their cat spayed, so I wrote it down in the chart, and everyone in the back started laughing because it turned out to be a male cat....soooo...when the owner came back that day I laughed and told them they had a boy kitty, which saved them some $$ on the surgery! LOL :eek: They laughed, but then were perplexed because they had to come up with a new name! ;) LOL

nibblets
08-02-2004, 03:21 PM
You could still call him Josie...it could be a male name:

just spell it Joe C., as in Joe Cat

Or ... remember the movie 'The Outlaw Josie Wales'?

Or ...the singer for the Rock band Saliva is named Josey Scott.

No need for an identity crisis.

jenluckenbach
08-02-2004, 03:32 PM
I REALLY like Joe C. :D