PDA

View Full Version : Zekey, my good boy!

slleipnir
08-01-2004, 02:01 PM
I had Zeke out with me at our cottage Saturday night/today. This time of year I usually don't let him off his leash at all because there are more people then usual and he loves to see them or esp the dogs.

I would let him off his leash for a bit in the back part where there is no roads/people for a little exercise but today I thought I'd practice some more with his coming when called. There is a beach and a big feild I had him at. Everytime he'd go to far ahead I'd just tell him 'stay close' and he's stop and wait for me (I think he just though I said stay cause he wouldn't know what it means otherwise...but he did it anyway..) He listened very good and never wandered away from me, even when he heard a dog that he wanted to go play with. Also he's been playing fetch a lot and ACTUALLY returns the ball to me T-T (Josie retrieves..but she does not give back :rolleyes: so I'm happy atleast one of them understands this concept)

Anyway..I know that sounds stupid and pointless, but I'm very proud of him for being such a good boy. Even at the dog park he will listen pretty good. Mostly he just wants to play with the dogs and kinda ignores me, but he's coming along well with that too. Before he wouldn't come to me at all if a dog was around.

BTW, I'll post some pics soon too

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 02:19 PM
:D Good boy, Zeke!!

Don't you love when you try something just for the heck of it, not expecting to get far, and then they do great with it? :D

I hope Zeke continues to listen good!

Also, I can't wait for the pics!

KYS
08-01-2004, 05:48 PM
I am impressed, Zeke is a very good boy. :)

chrissycat21
08-01-2004, 08:46 PM
What a good boy!

Snowy would only listen like that if there was food involved. :-D

-Chrissy

lovemyshiba
08-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Good boy Zeke!!!
Sounds like you had a fun and productive day--isn't it great when they actually do what you want them too??

I can't wait to see some pictures!!:)