PDA

View Full Version : Resume Question...

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Gah...I need help

How are you suposed to make a resume if you've never worked before??? And also how are you suposed to already be experienced before you get hired, if you can't get hired? lol

I don't even know where to start with a resume...

Advice needed!!!

RubyMutt
08-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Do you do any volunteer work? Are you involved with any school activities? Are you a member of any clubs or in any advanced placement classes? You can (and should) include anything like that on a resume :) Also include any skills that you have. I know a lot of schools have Career Centers, does yours? Maybe there's someone there who could help you put something together. Check out this (http://careers.villanova.edu/Students/Sturesumeguidelines.htm) website. It's very informative :)

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks, I'll check out that website.

Also, no I'm not in any clubs/activities, and Im going(hopefully) to a new school in September, for upgrading, so I don't know anything about it.

The only thing I have ever done is babysitting, I don't think that would be anything to add lol

RubyMutt
08-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
The only thing I have ever done is babysitting, I don't think that would be anything to add lol

No, that's the perfect thing to add! :D It shows you've taken on responsibilities :)

Karen
08-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Absolutely include the babysitting. It is "work."

Everybody's got to start somewhere. At this point in your life, your resume will be mostly a record of education and skills. List computer programs that you are proficient in, too - whether or not you have taken classes in them. Emphasize your strengths and abilities.

Alas, "upstanding member of Pet Talk" doesn't go on resumes, but hey - depending on what you're applying for ... ;) just kiddin'