PDA

View Full Version : OMG, The weirdest thing....fate??

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Okay, I woke up this morning, and I remember having a dream last night about getting a female rottweiler and I could remember her face, but nothing else.

Well, for no reason at all, I decided to check our local shelters website, and it says in the updates that there was a new dog added to the adoptions page...and who is it??

The female rottweiler from my dream :eek:

I got so startled!!!

Here she is...

http://www.heavenlycreatures.ca/shadow2.jpg

http://www.heavenlycreatures.ca/shadow3.jpg

http://www.heavenlycreatures.ca/shadow6.jpg

Omg, NOTHING like this has ever happened to me!!!!

swimma253
08-01-2004, 10:17 AM
lol! That is wierd! Maybe it was just fate!

anna_66
08-01-2004, 10:20 AM
She is gorgeous Robyn! Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could bring her home?!

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
She is gorgeous Robyn! Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could bring her home?!

YES It would be the most wonderful thing!!!

But, my parents won't even let me FOSTER for FREE for a couple weeks, so I don't see anything like this happening, even if it is fate :(

Rachel
08-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DogLover9501

But, my parents won't even let me FOSTER for FREE for a couple weeks, so I don't see anything like this happening, even if it is fate :(

Your parents sound like my husband.

bluekat
08-01-2004, 10:28 AM

LOL your parents sound like my parents:p

She's gorgeous though!:)

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 10:43 AM
I just e-mailed the shelter and asked if there was any way I could meet her(they are raising money to build a big no-kill shelter, so right now any animals they get need to go into foster homes, so you can't just go to the place and visit them because they don't have cages and things)

I forgot to add her story...

SHADOW:

Shadow is one year and nine months old, and is a loving and playful spayed female purebred Rotweiller. Shadow has had all her required shots. She is house trained; if she needs to go out at any time she'll let you know. She was named Shadow because she has the habit of chasing and playing with shadows, and it can be quite entertaining. She sleeps quietly through the night on a blanket next to the bed. Shadow understands the commands "Sit", "Lie Down", "Paw", "Breakfast", and "Go To Bed". Shadow is very intelligent, she learns quickly, be it learning new commands or how to open doors and gates - or where to find food on a counter! Shadow is very big and sometimes doesn't know her own strength; she seldom jumps up on people, but new faces do excite her. Shadow was abused by her former owner. When her current foster owners received Shadow she was very thin and weak, but since then she has gained all her weight and energy back. Also, Shadow frightens easily as a result of her abuse. If anyone raises their voice towards her, or lifts their hand, she runs to a corner and cowers in a panic. Overall, Shadow is an excellent companion and her current owners wish that they had the means and the resources to keep her with them. Rottweillers get a bad rap as being mean, but Shadow is truly a gentle girl. If you are looking for a loving companion, and have the time to exercise a big dog, then Shadow just might be the girl for you.

:( I keep wishing I could do this, because I know I could help her from being so frightened, and it just seems way to meant to be, and too weird to just let it go and forget about it :(

My mom doesn't care about how much I believe this was meant to be(and Im not just saying that because I know she'd never let me, Im saying it because she wouldn't even listen to me when I was telling her about it)

And we could atleast foster, we don't have to pay anything, and it's only for 2-4 weeks, and we could see how it works out. Theres basically nothing to lose, her only reason is "we got enough dogs"

And ALSO one day in the van she said to me that we would BREED Wiggles & Piddle if..whatever(some reasons), and so I started telling her about all the animals that get put to sleep every year and that we should foster instead of adding more..
And she said "I hate for any animals to be put to sleep, but I'm not going to do anything to stop it" :rolleyes: :mad:

Sorry for rambling :(

It is just hard to let something like this go because I hear of these kind of fate things all the time, and she's the only thing stopping me because I could do everything on my own.

Amber
08-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Robyn, I really know how you feel. I remember when I was desperat for a schnauzer, I would just be upset that I couldn't get one. My mom was like that too, I would always keep rambling to her about schnauzers, and having another dog, she never listened. But, finally after time my parents gave in and letted me get a mini schnauzer.....Elvis!

Give it time, and I'm sure the perfect rottie is waiting out there! :)

Btw, she is a beautiful rottie!

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Amber
Robyn, I really know how you feel. I remember when I was desperat for a schnauzer, I would just be upset that I couldn't get one. My mom was like that too, I would always keep rambling to her about schnauzers, and having another dog, she never listened. But, finally after time my parents gave in and letted me get a mini schnauzer.....Elvis!

Give it time, and I'm sure the perfect rottie is waiting out there! :)

Btw, she is a beautiful rottie!

I know what you mean, but what if this doesn't leave my mind, I mean she really doesn't have time if she's in foster care, it's not like I can ask them to keep her until I move out of this house :p

Amber
08-01-2004, 11:32 AM
I know what you mean too.

Maybe you should sit your mom down, and tell her to listen to you carfully. Tell her how you feel about this rottie, and how much it means to you if you foster her for 2-4 weeks, and go from there?

wish you the best of luck!

Tonya
08-01-2004, 11:33 AM
She is very beautiful! I hope that your dreams come true.

heinz57_79
08-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Aw Robyn... I know how frustrated you must be. That rotti girl is gorgeous! I'd take her in an instant! :) Maybe you should try to talk to your mom. Explain that the rotti needs a foster and it would help save a life. About breeding Piddle and Wiggles.... grrr! :mad: I'm sure we can find some websites that give you numbers of animals put down every year. Explain all the health problems that go along with breeding, etc. Does she understand how expensive it is to take care of a pregnant dog? try and find all the information you can about breeding, and I can guarantee that it'll turn her off it REAL quick! :)

Education is the best deterrent, believe me. I'm gonna be the one to show my kids pics of the effects of STDs to prevent them from having sex early. hehehe Show them a video of a birth... that kinda thing... hehehe ;) I think the same sort of concept may help your mom. I know a lot of our rescuers know some good sites to check out.

Good luck, kiddo! :D

PS. Give Jasper kisses from his Auntie JC... hehehehe

cali
08-01-2004, 01:30 PM
ya know what? My dad had the same kind of dream only about Misty, before we ever saw the litter my dad had a dream about a female split faced BC pup, we were planning to get a male, but befor we went to see the puppys my dad said if there is a female puppys with a face that is half white and half black take her.. we went to see the puppys and guess what we found? a female with a split face, she was perfect for everything we were looking for, so we took pics and reserved her, when my dad saw the pictire he could not believe it, he said that was the same puppy he saw in his dream :D I definatly believe that some dogs just belong with some familys, and it can be shown in dreams, and your story just proves my dads even more :D

Toller 42
08-01-2004, 01:39 PM
The same thing happened with Tango, My mom told me that she had a dream last night about a toller mix puppy with a black face. The next day my moms chiropractor told her that Dez was pregnant with Toller/bc puppies when they were born we went to see them a few hours after she had given birth and as soon as my mom saw Tango she said that's the puppy that was in her dream and it's name was Tango so that's how she got her name, I had a dream very similar to hers the same night but Tango was a bit older in my dream. good luck trying to convince your mom.

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 02:01 PM
JC- It is VERY frustrating, also Wiggles did have an accidental litter before from Piddle, but thankfully they are both fixed now, and I don't think she'd listen to me about the rottie or about the breeding.

I guess there are Semi-animal lovers who love and spoil their OWN pets...which is my mom

And then there are all-around animal lovers(like PTers) who love and care about ALL pets...

Thanks everyone, but I don't even think it's worth a try

Amber
08-01-2004, 06:21 PM
How can you breed piddle and Wiggles?! There fixed!

carole
08-01-2004, 07:07 PM
You just never know, Dreams do come true sometimes, and I certainly hope your's does, she sounds the most wonderful pet, even though she was abused, poor girl, she still is trusting and sweet natured, maybe your parents just cannot afford another pet, I am sure if they were able they would love to fulfill your dream, but possibly just can't right now, whatever happens I hope this beautiful girl gets the loving home she so deserves and soon.!!!

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Amber
How can you breed piddle and Wiggles?! There fixed!
lol, we can't, but she was telling me reasons why she would have...

Also, Carole, I too hope she gets a great home very soon, it really comforts me though to know that her days aren't numbered, as they are no-kill. And your right, you never know ;)

lovemyshiba
08-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Shadow is a beautiful girl!!!
It would be great if you could get her, but if not, I hope she finds a wonderful forever home.

By the way, I'm not allowed to foster either:p
Something about too many dogs, getting attached, blah, blah, blah!!!

DogLover9501
08-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
By the way, I'm not allowed to foster either:p
Something about too many dogs, getting attached, blah, blah, blah!!!

Atleast you have 4 :p

GoldenRetrLuver
08-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Atleast you have 4 :p

At least you have three! ;):p

Awww, she's beautiful. Too bad you can't adopt her, or at least foster her.

Kfamr
08-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Toller 42
The same thing happened with Tango, My mom told me that she had a dream last night about a toller mix puppy with a black face. The next day my moms chiropractor told her that Dez was pregnant with Toller/bc puppies when they were born we went to see them a few hours after she had given birth and as soon as my mom saw Tango she said that's the puppy that was in her dream and it's name was Tango so that's how she got her name, I had a dream very similar to hers the same night but Tango was a bit older in my dream. good luck trying to convince your mom.

HUH?? You said this in my thread about how you named your dogs...

Tango got her name beause she was a really hyper, fun puppy and still is, we just thought Tango suited her really well and I used to know a really happy dog who I loved and her name was Tango so thats how she got her name..

:confused: :confused:

molucass
08-02-2004, 12:38 AM

In another thread, you said your dog got her name because she was really hyper when she was a puppy, and you knew a dog named Tango that you liked that was also really hyper.... so which is it?

Toller 42
08-02-2004, 12:43 AM
It's both, she is a really hyper dog and the dog in our dreams also had that name so we decided to stick with the same name.
I wasn't lying on either one and I was going to add it to the post but I thought it was long enough already. I didn't mean to confuse anybody.

Kfamr
08-02-2004, 12:44 AM
As for the original topic...

ROBYN! She's gorgeous. I want her instead. :p

Good luck... although it may take years and years to convice for another. ;)

DogLover9501
08-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Lol this turned into something else

Originally posted by Kfamr
Good luck... although it may take years and years to convice for another. ;)

I don't think I would ever be able to convince them :p

I still want to meet that gorgeous girl

DogLover9501
08-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
At least you have three! ;):p

Hehe, but I have always wanted 4, but never got there, maybe whenever I move out :p

RobiLee
08-02-2004, 07:04 AM
What a beautiful Rottie! Just gorgeous. I hope that you get to meet her and I hope that she finds her forever home.

Robin :)

anna_66
08-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Well I'm sorry your mom won't listen but I guess I do understand even though it sucks.
I hope Shadow finds the perfect forever home (even if it's not yours....that would be perfect;)).