PDA

View Full Version : Look how Lily is suffering from the high temperatures!

Kirsten
08-01-2004, 05:29 AM
It's going to be very hot again here, and it looks like Lily isn't enjoying that either:

http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/lily152.jpg

http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/lily153.jpg

Doesn't she look pitiful and miserable here? :(

Kirsten

smokey the elder
08-01-2004, 06:54 AM
Poor cooked Lily. She needs treats, obviously.:p ;)

...and some serious chill. Maybe you can put some ice cubes in her water bowl.

catnapper
08-01-2004, 08:19 AM
My Dear Lily,
I know what you mean about it being hot. Its VERY hot here, but then meowmie puts on this nasty machine they call an Air Conditioner. Its loud and blows out cold air. I do not like this machine at all. I'd rather be too hot than endure the torture this machine put out! Allen tells me that this machine is wonderful, but I'll just stay where its naturally coolest - the bathroom! Can your meowmie let you hang out in the bathroom with all those nice cool tiles?

Thinking of you and wishing you cool breezes,
Pouncer

catmandu
08-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Dont worry,Kirsten,The Mall,and the Found Cat Hotel,are air conditioned,so All The Cats,will e comfortable!

jenluckenbach
08-01-2004, 11:21 AM
I am suffering with incredible heat/humidity too. :( I hate the thought of leaving the air conditioning. Wish I could send you some cool air. Maybe a little ice in the water.

Tonya
08-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Poor Lily! I hope that the weather cools down soon.

rg_girlca
08-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Awww poor Lily and Luna and poor you also Kirsten.
What I use to do before I had an A/C was wet a cloth with cold water and wipe the cats paws and the top of their heads with it.

As for you Kirsten, take a hand towel, wet it with cold water, wring it out and wrap it around the back of your neck and sit with your feet in a bucket of cool water. Hope these little ideas help you out.

Headbumpies and kisses to you Lily & Luna.

Kirsten
08-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for all the good adice! I rubbed my girls' head with a wet towel, and Luna really seemed to love it! :) She's more active since I did that! :)

I did the same with Lily last year when she was still a baby and VERY active during the worst heat wave we ever had! I thought she would collapse!! :eek: This year, she's acting more mature and rests. :)

rg_girlca, I already spent many summers with such a towel around my neck, but having the feet in cold water should be even more effective! :)

Lily says:
"Pouncer, you're a lucky boy that your meowmie has a/c in her house! You wouldn't want to suffer the way we do! I'll ask meowmie to buy me a ticket to the USA, so I can enjoy the fresh air with you! :)"

Kirsten

jazzcat
08-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Aww, poor Lily. She does look wiped out.

I'm feeling sorry for our little found cat Matilda because she is having to stay in our garage that is not air conditioned and we are hitting 90 during the day. I've got a fan set up for her and we opened the door to let a breeze in. She enjoyed sitting outside on the deck with us tonight and now she is back in the garage sleeping away on the cool concrete floor.

I can't imagine life here in the southern US without AC.:eek:

Barbara
08-02-2004, 02:58 AM
But Lily still lies on the warm pillow:)

We have one boy here for whom it cannot be warm enough and that's Filou. And we have one who doesn't step out at the temperature- this is Tigris with his Siberian mom;)

Kirsten
08-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Poor Mathilda! I'm sure she doesn't enjoy the garage very much when it's that hot!

Barbara, today, I saw her resting on the laminate floor! She has probably found out now that the pillow is too warm! :)

Kirsten

catcrazylady
08-02-2004, 09:20 PM
AWWWE Poor Lily!! You do look a bit wiped out! It will surely cool down soon sweetie! Temm meowmie to keep wiping your little head with a cool rag and that will make you feel better!!
I never understood why it is that in the winter you can't get a cat warm enough but in the summer they hate the heat!! They are just so hard to please.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

QueenScoopalot
08-02-2004, 09:51 PM
All the kitties are lying on the coolest surfaces they can find, and the air conditioners are running non-stop. It's been dripping humid the last week, and terribly uncomfortable. Have you ever noticed....the hotter the day, the more uncoiled the cats become? The colder the day, the tighter the ball? I'm looking foward to cooler weather myself! ;)

Uabassoon
08-02-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm guessing that you might not have A/C there in Germany, I think I'd die without it. Well in honesty with the 110 degree weather here in the desert it's actually possible.

But here's my reccomendation, make an ice pack for her. Take a ziplock bag (it's a plactic bag that's closeable) Put in a wet rag then freeze it. Then once it's frozen you can cover it with a towel or cloth and put it on her bed. Since they should be cheap to make you can keep several in your freezer then just change them as you need to.